1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you Mr. Hacker.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Static, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Static

Static Guest

Well Again I loose.

I lost my damn fuc**** job and i was trying to sale my account for some cash, To pay a freaking bill for pain meds, O NOT TO MENTION THE ANTI FLAMITORIES that i need because i broke my damn sholder at police academy. Now i sit here in a cold damn apartment because i have to turn off my heat BECAUSE I CANT AFFORD IT.

Listen i was working as a sheriffs deputy and i broke my sholder at academy, i had surgery 1 1/2 weeks ago, and here i sit with nothing because some guy(s) took it to me, i hope it made your day to read this story, I'm not changing my password i want you to return my stuff, i played UO so i could be somebody, UO was really the only thing i have left. Btw 36 stiches of freaking pain and i have nothing to dull the pain.

Im leaving my password and username the same, you return my gear and gold.

2. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, I feel for ya, I know about surgery and stiches, and not having the do-re-me to get by on........As far as a hacker goes.....with your position in law enforcement, maybe you can find someone who knows someone and track this hacker down......for one, hacking an account is a crime.

As usual, the pond scum always seem to win, unless justice catches up with them.

Wish ya luck.

3. Static

Static Guest

The only way i can figure that they got to info is this, My email that is on these forums is also used for my UO Account, SO with that being said i tried to log into my google mail this morning and BONK, password doesnt work and thats when i just found out that my uo account has became crap.

I called google and there going through records of IP's etc, But good luck with that.

4. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

I feel for you bro, but like he said if you were with the police they can get the ip address of where this guys live and track him down for you. If you do get his ip thats different from uo. E.A is also willing to work with you and help you out, but to be honest. If UO is all you have left, go find something else to thats beneifical to your life.

5. Static

Static Guest

i wasent trying to say that UO is the only thing left in my life, just that looking for work is an issue, and Well to be 100% honest wasent much i could do, i havent really been playing uo all the much, it was more less my last life line for cash.... sorry for the confution.

6. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It wont help get your stuff, but I would call your district senator/rep. Let them know that we need a recourse for these kinds of incidents. Being a sheriffs deputy, you know that theres not much the police can do right now to help you.

And..

What shard do you play. I am by no means "rich" but if I can, I'll help get you back on your feet.

7. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You broke your shoulder at the academy and they aren't paying for the treatment? This falls under Workmen's compensation laws. . .

8. Static

Static Guest

In the police world there is something called a conditional offer, Inside that offer it states that you (me) dont fall into any catagories of coverage UNTILL you have completed basic academy, So i broke my sholder week 3, and my contract is null and void, Its like i never was hired. And to be honest you are not "hired" until you complete academy.

9. Static

Static Guest

Also i know EA Wont do anything, but anyone have the Customer support line. I might aswell let them know.

10. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Static,

I truly wish you well Sir. Whomever did this to you has nothing except cheating. How sad is that. You have honor, he does not.

It will get better, in time yea, but it will.

11. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Oh no, I am very sorry to hear about this. :(

I am on pain management, and understand how expensive the medications are. I've got one that is about $600 a month.

I hope everything works out ok. Really some low-down people out there.

EDIT: I am also on an Anti-Inflammatory. It's on Wal-Mart's $4 list of meds thankfully...Mobic is it's name, and it works very well. You may want to find the manufacturer of your pain meds and contact them...many times, you can get your meds supplied or at a discount from the Pharmacuetical company.

12. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

I know it's too late.....but always have an email for your Uo that is for UO and UO only....even with stratics, have an email just for here....there's plenty of email sites out there.

Again, ask around with some buds from the force.......

13. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If I understand you correctly, you were hoping to sell your UO account for cash to help offset bills? Has anyone made you a recent offer or shown interest? I'd start there. I'm not going to get into the UO/cash debate, I'm thinking this is not the time to get out a whompin stick. I hope you're on the mend soon.

14. Static

Static Guest

Never said no one else wasent having issues.. But i have to appricate your comments.

15. I sent you a PM with some info on discount cards for meds.

16. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

There's a recession? I haven't noticed.In my area,gas prices are back down to under $2 a gallon and my food bills are under $500 a month.

17. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid

*starts packn to move in with Hunter's Moon*

18. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

$1.72, and food avg $175 a week :)
    course we are feeding 6...

But ontopic, I don't really think there is much anyone can do. You might track him down by ip addy, but the stuffs will still be gone, EA won't replace em, and whoever bought em from the hacker won't (probably) return em.

such is the reality of life

19. Ni-

Ni- Guest

Same about the gas, but my food bills are sometimes under $100 and almost always under $200! Then again, I am a single guy. I am also undersized, so I don't really need to eat a whole lot. I also know how to cook, so I don't need to eat out.

20. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Only if you look like the woman in your siggy. :p

21. Petrify

Petrify Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

lol. Good luck with that. :eek:

22. Dragkiris

Dragkiris Visitor

I wonder if I'm going to get this one blamed on me too.

23. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper

If you still need the EA support number Static it is 866-543-5435.
    Hopefully the ip can be tracked down to the culprit involved.
    I wish you luck.
    It wouldn't hurt to message Spada too.

24. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I wish you the best and hope that something can be done. There are some really great people in UO.... and some true scum..... I see you play another shard but perhaps I have some stuff there you can use.... whichever shard it is.... I tend to pick things up and I've often got gifts and things on various shards so it's possible that I have things on your shard you might find useful... let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

In the meantime I can not stress enough to safeguard accounts one of the best things is to have an email set up exclusive to your account.... something separate from all your other emails used just for your account...... never posted or used for anything else.... and always be wary....

It sickens me when someone gets hacked..... to the hacker it's just pixels or cash... but to the person who lost those items it's years of memories..... an extension of your own heart and soul... and like you said pain relief and stress management....

I recently moved and couldn't get online for a few days..... I certainly could tell my stress level was greatly increased those few days....

25. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I don't have very much on atlantic since it's not my main shard but I can give you some stuff you might could sell.

I was hacked last year I know how it feels. They got accounts with different emails and passwords. I caught it before they wiped out all my accounts but they took stuff I still haven't been able to get back.

Sorry this happened to you. :sad4:

26. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

27. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

You play UO so you can be somebody??? They took you into the Police Academy with the grammar skills of a 10 yr old??? Sorry but i don't buy anything you're selling..

28. Static

Static Guest

Hmm , usually i use spellcheck due to i am and i omit, a horrible speller.

Yeah in a game, I was upset when writing, I'm sorry you make very few mistakes in your life, i make a ton in a later post i reprevied that.

Buy into my "story" i wasent looking for sympathy, i wont take any items from anyone, i dont need to. I was hoping for the sake of hoping that the person who accessed my account would of been a person with morals and with apathy and decided to put some of the items back.

29. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

Aren't you the same Static that just posted within the past 10 days on UOforums that you were buying a Luna Atlantic house for cash? If you are having hard times why are you trying to pay cash for a house in UO?

http://www.uoforums.com/f1130/atl-buying-inside-walls-luna-home-cash-only-57413/

30. Static

Static Guest

Your right i did, a friend of mine (RL) was going to put the money on one. He still is looking for a home aswell.

31. altarego

altarego Guest

Another addict...another day...

32. smip

smip Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

LOL how did a hacker get to your account anyway. Sorry you sound like a guy named Bad Bard Sonoma a few years back. And if you have to play UO to be somebody then you REALLY need some help. And if you are in THAT much pain then I would suggest you go to the free clinic. And Oh by the way... If I remember right being that you are employed durring the acadamy time.. I am confused as to why they would not cover you for your insurance... ESPCIALLY if you got injured there...

Sorry..I'm not buying your story at all...

33. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I would never be foolish enough to sign away my rights for medical expenses for getting injured on the job. Actually I think it is against the law to make people sign away such rights.

34. I have a lot of issue with hacker post! Hacker's want value there is litle to none in even the "best" UO accounts anymore it likens to a car thief stealing your beat up 79 pinto i just dont see it happening 99.9 % of these hacking are from giving out account info to someone

35. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

The fact he got hurt during training is exactly why they have this in place. I'm sure you have a lot of people get hurt while doing this. If everyone was paid while injured, you'd have states and cities paying people who aren't even on the force to sit around and get better.

If you don't want to risk getting injured, there is nobody forcing you to try to become a cop...la

36. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable

Thank you, Rico I was about to post the same thing. :scholar: ALL police and firefighter academies have you sign a liabiltiy waiver. The only place I can think of that will take care of injuries during training is the military.

:eek: OMG...Rico I am actually agreeing with you on something, hell must have just foze over!!! :eek:snap:

37. TheScoundrelRico

froze :) ...la

38. Yep value.

Ive probably have been hacked and they puke at what I own and leave me a lone.

I use LRC armour and a slayer weapon. Thats it.

39. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Static sorry to hear you got hacked
    check this place out http://www.snagajob.com/
    just put in your zip code they might have online jobs you could do.

40. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Why don't i hear anybody offering the poor guy some uo-cash ?
    Sry to hear about your'e loss. Come to eu, and i'll can spare a few uo-coins to get you started again.

41. ShaunOfPac

ShaunOfPac Guest

How come this thread, which has absolutely nothing at all to do with in game events, stays here while any of mine which might be even slightly considered OT gets ****canned?

42. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

when I was a kid we had to walk 25 miles to school.....

what kind of person comes here to cry about RL stuff!!

You are only allowed to come here to cry about in game stuff!!!

Get it!!

43. TheScoundrelRico

Selective moderation?...la