1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you to the Team

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Gareth, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Dec 17, 2006
    To who ever is working on the Global chat program keep up the good work. Not sure if it is everyone
    over there. Last night a random attack of Red Savages happened in our village near our town banner.
    We wanted to alert the entire community and normally I do this by clicking each icq name on my
    list and copying a message then sending it. This is done about 30 - 60 times depending on the day
    and time. With the new chat system I was able to easily alert the entire Chesapeake community
    about the random EM Red Savage event. We had tons of people show since we could give them
    directions in the chat on how to get to our player run village. So thank you for saving me from having
    to send out massive icqs then give directions to each person who didn't know how to get there.
    I hope to be able to use this for announcing EM Events, Player run events and Community Spawns.