1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thank you: Vendor Search

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Podolak, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Broadsword Team:

Thank you for the vendor search. Ever since the database was optimized this has been a very cool fix to a long time problem. Two of my favorite features:

1. Quickly teleporting to out of the way vendors, I have obtained many good deals on vendors I never would have known about.

2. Opening the vendor for me. This is a great feature, going to a house and using the map to open a vendor when the house has a ton of other vendors located at it is a big time saver, thanks.

-Podo

2. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It took them quite a long time to implement and the initial release just straight up didn't work which was rather embarassing. We were then left in the lurch for weeks with no communication which dampened a lot of people's optimism regarding the Broadsword acquisition. This was unfortunate as a simple "this sucks guys, but we're doing all we can to try resolve this." post would have been enough to avoid much of that.

Having said the above though, it's a great addition to UO now that it does work. The UI could be improved a bit, but it is certainly fit for purpose and is usable in its current state. I've been able to run a vendor from my Fel house successfully which would be next to impossible without it.

BTW I didn't even know #2 was possible. I've been manually opening vendors after looking up their name. It's cool you can open them via the map tho... thx for the tip!

3. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I just want to add my thanks also. Hopefully, this will encourage more people to open up vendors shops. I use to love spending a day running around looking for vendors and shopping.

Acid Rain and startle like this.
  4. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

'Tis a great addition to the game. I use it a lot. :)

5. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its good....yes...im deffo changing over...the out in the middle of nowere vednors are good as luna....trouble is 7/8s of players aint got clue about it.... as apparantly they dont read stratics.....so im told...lol....[whatever]

6. Cupid

Cupid Sage

Thanks for tip #2 as well.

Is it possible to have the items load highest price to lowest ? cant figure it out.

7. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, its one of the last options on the left, Sort I believe.

8. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

They did do a very good job with the vendor search, its a lot better than I had thought it would be.

DJAd and Acid Rain like this.
  9. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Vendor search is one of the best additions we've seen in a long time. I love it.

DJAd, startle and Acid Rain like this.
  10. Cupid

Cupid Sage

Thanks, you would think I would have found that with a minimal amount of effort, I will just claim extreme time constraints :p

11. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I love it on Siege!

startle likes this.
  12. Great DC

Great DC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

We all know your lazy podolak, no need to tell us. Ha Ha

13. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Everyone needs a MO!

14. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I have to say thank you Devs too, even on Siege, where the teleport part do not work, players do find the vendors far away from town and moongates. It'sa really great

startle likes this.
  15. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

And here you all were pancakes about the time it took to get it out.....
    It was time well spent in my view...
    Well done Dev Team.

16. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Now if we could just get a web tie in that could cross all shards. Broadsword knows web traffic sells web advertising space right? Perhaps a feature on the new and improved MyUO?

17. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

Well done indeed.

*Tips a Glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in Salute*

18. popps

popps Always Present

Well, let's spread the voice in General Chat and whenever we talk to fellow players !!

A loud Hurray for the Devs !!

19. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Good stuff. It works great. Now if we could someday get a similar search tool for our houses. Thanks!

DJAd, Tamais and Packrat22 like this.
  20. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Oh yes, that's would spare me for hours searching my 2 castles

21. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I know where yer house is, I will help you find it.

22. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think it would be good to have something like a container search option, then it would work in banks too. My houses used to be all organised in engraved containers but my bank scares me. Though I'd pay serious gold for a single shared bank between characters. Playing "who stashed it" can be hilarious when you have multiple accounts.

So far I've just used vendor search to gauge prices on stuff, but it's funny when you know what you want but can't remember what the exact name of it is. Thankfully Stratics search is more compatible with my rather bizarre search terms and helped me out :D At least the vendor search hasn't just gone "LOL, WTF U want?!!!"

Wenchy

23. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

The search thing is awesome. I hope they maintain it. I noticed when I searched for... say Cove or bunny during the last holiday nothing came up though. But even a creative description will show up, hopefully people will remember to do that on unsearchable items.

24. popps

popps Always Present

Perhaps this could be an idea for a new Veteran Reward ?

25. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

Come hop on my OCD train! Every item in my house goes into certain chests (rares chests, weapon chests, armor chests, clothing chests, etc). There may be multiple chests for, say weapons, if there's more than will fit into one chest. Provided.... all swords are organized into bags and may not be in the same bag as say maces, but they may share a weapon chest. Now say in the rares chests, all Christmas items should be in the same bag with other Christmas items. You should not under any circumstances mix them in the same bag as say Easter stuff. Items may share the same seasonal chest if they are separated in different bags. Now of course all bags will be color coded. Red is magery with items such as regs, scrolls, etc. Wood, ore, etc goes into brown bags, green rares, light silver weapons, dark gray armor (unless it's a something like a special armor set like Ranger armor). Ranger armor is tricky as it should be a green bag rare. Naturally.... In a case like this it is ok to put Ranger armor in a green bag then put that bag into a dark gray armor bag. Now sometimes you might notice your green rares bags are a shade different in color. At this point you should grab a dye tub and dye every green bag in every chest the identical color. Now I'm not nutty or anything, I put snow globes in with other crystal balls, as I'm very flexible in some cases. Although that sort of thing requires the proper forms filled out in triplicate. On the plus side of this insanity is I know exactly where any item I'm looking for is, lol. Hope this saves someone a veteran reward pick someday :D

Next lesson will be about symmetry in all things UO. As in decorating. Buy at least two of everything till I get around to posting about that.