1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you!

Discussion in 'UO Drachenfels' started by 4gregu, Aug 5, 2008.

1. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 25, 2004
    Sorry if this is long, but I have to write this post and thank a Drac player that helped me out a ton recently. I play on Chesapeake and I was searching for 140 luck, high LRC armor to outfit a new character of mine. I couldnt find anyhting on my shard, so I expanded my search to all shards. I finally came across some awesome arms on a vendor here on Drachenfels. I couldnt afford a round trip transfer, and I couldnt afford to purchase the arms and wait. After posting here looking for help, bacivert (ICQ name, not sure if his stratics name is the same) sent me an ICQ message saying he was going to be transfering to Chessy, and he would help me.
    The arms were priced at 1.5 mil on the vendor, so I offered him 5 mil on Chessy if he could buy them and bring them to me. The day after he bought them for me they took character transfers down:(
    He told me as soon as they were back up, he would be comming. After a wait that seemed like forever, they re-instated character transfers and I waited to hear from him. After a week passed, he messaged me. He said he wasnt playing much anymore and that he was not going to transfer. But he was willing to give me the arms on Drac for free. I promised to repay him somehow, and went to get them, already planning my message asking for another "ride" to Chessy.
    When I arived at the bank, he handed me the arms.... and a tranfer token! I explained that I couldnt repay him (no cash on this shard) he said he wasnt looking for payment, and told me to use the arms to kick some monster butt!

So this is a special thank you to bacivert, thanks again, the arms are great!!!
  2. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    Nice to here about the nice behaviour, bad to hear about a player who seems to stop playing.