1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks a Bunch!

Discussion in 'Toontown General Discussion' started by MissLilyFuzzyfoot, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Thank you guys for helping out my friend Sadie and I in what was her second successful VP!!!! She was so thrilled she went on and on about it! I met her randomly back in October, before plus even, and now she's adopted me as her big sis! She's a doll and I appreciate you helping us so willingly.

*at least I went with the promised random, hehe*

I'm learning a lot from you guys and appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks again!

2. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's great to see that enthusiasm again LOL. It was a blast tell her thanks for coming!

3. SSniffleslam

SSniffleslam Guest

It was fun tonight! I hope your friend felt most welcome!!

4. loadexfa

loadexfa Guest

Also that law run tonight was intense. Susan was so awesome with the unites. She used like 10 of them!! And nobody went sad. Doing this as a team really makes a huge difference.

Josh

5. Granjell

Granjell Guest

Yes!! Definitely Three Cheers to Susan for running all over checking on laff, stunning, throwing unites and generally taking care of everyone until the seven of us danced. She was NOT going to lose anyone on her watch! It was Lawnchanee's first CJ, and a lot of fun. We won't talk about Granny's first CJ with randoms.... no comparison!!

6. loadexfa

loadexfa Guest

That was you Marge?! <facepalm> I would have said 'hi' if I'd known. Man I'm behind on which toon people are using. Here's a belated 'hi Marge' for last night. :)

7. Trish

Trish Certifiable

I always have to remind myself it's her, too. I don't want to derail this thread but I have to ask since it's on the table.. What is a Lawnchanee?

8. Squeaker

Squeaker Guest

Lon Chaney was a classic horror film actor - my hubby adores him! :)

9. Trish

Trish Certifiable

Ohhhh i get it now! *facepalm*

10. I can't even tell you the number of times I have asked Marge that. I can never seem to remember it!! I always think of lawn chairs! I think I will have to look him up on Netflix and watch a movie of his. THEN maybe I will remember!! But, at least I know its her!! LOL:lick:

11. LOL Lawnchanee is clever Marge. got it right away <pats self on back

Nobody seems to get my monkey's names:

E Volved and Scopes Trial. I do get a few comments here and there while running the streets, but most toon are like HUH?

So FYI. Scopes Trial was the famous trial (F. Lee Baily) about evolution vs creation. History breaking and caused creation to be removed from school curriculum.

E Volved kind of speaks for itself! (although this monkey not too evolved at 24 laff...LOL)

anywho. back to original topic of thread. It's great to hear appreciations again!

I think last nights runs were so easy, I fell into all the right groups I guess! No struggles and I think the first groups done in each battle.

Kudos!

12. alisagrace86

alisagrace86 Guest

ty for the laugh about lawnchanee i had to ask her too lol and i had to look it up online because being a youngster i didn't know about the movie wolfman lol

13. Lol i never knew what that ment - i thought it was forign!

I Thought she was from some different country - its a actor? :spider:

14. Granjell

Granjell Guest

LOL - Susan, were you the one who asked me what "Launch a Knee" meant? That was the best guess. I tried a bazillion times to get the name approved, and I spelled it Lawn instead of Lon because she's a girl. There'll never be another one (I hope) if the kids don't know what it means they won't copy me.

If you want to know who Lon Chaney was, here's a portion of his bio from imdb.com:
    Although his parents were deaf-mutes, Leonidas Chaney became an actor and also owner of a theatre company (together with his brother John). He made his debut at the movies in 1912, and his filmography is vast. Lon Chaney was especially famous for his horror parts in movies like e.g. Quasimodo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923/I). Due to his special make-up effects he carried the characterization to be "the man with the thousand faces." He only filmed one movie with sound: The remake of one of his earlier films The Unholy Three (1930). His son, Lon Chaney Jr., became a famous actor of the horror genre.
    Lon Chaney Jr. is the one who played the Wolf Man, but toontown would NOT approve Jr. as part of the name.