1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks Dev's for trying to harm the Scribe Profession a lil more ...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Snakeman, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's been bad enough trying to survive with a scribe lately. At least we could scribe full Mysticism spell books for people & charge 7 to 10k for a full book, or a mage spell book with a lil extra. Now you go & put Full Mysticism spell books on the Rousers & crew. Way to go Dev's, kill the Craftsman a lil more why don't you. Do you guys seriously play this game on a crafter?

2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Rousers & crew? who's that?

3. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I think scribe is a great skill. But i use it for pvp reasoning =/ Sry! Try making slayer scrappers.... i'd buy the hell out of those.

4. Babble

Babble Guest

pff everyone knows a scribe is only there to make spellbooks and throw 99% of them away
    :p

Though actually a scribe is still pretty useful, thre is recall and gate scrolls,runebooks... ask a fletcher what exciting add ons they had :p

5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think you can craft mysticism books with mods, no? I think a guildy mumbled something about that recently.

You know, we can also make our own blank scrolls ... I've never done it myself, haha.

I'm half-and-half on the change. On one side, I've collected tons of loose scrolls to sell, on the other side, now i dont have to pick up the 30-scroll pile from a Stygian kill. I'm all for efficiency, so I like that I can just kill something on slow shards like Origin instead of trying to piece together a book that no one sells, but on populated shards I can see how that kills local scribes :/.

6. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Doesn't matter that there is mods on a myst book it pales in comparison to the real slayer scrappers or high quality spell books used on a mage or alternatives to be used to be hold. The value of the myst spellbook was that you able to sell the whole book without players looking for scrolls. So yea they pretty much messed up the myst book crafting for any value. The dev never really play true crafters at least not these devs there focuses are elsewhere.

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

people still sell full mage books to this day ... I assume people will continue to sell mystic books

8. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Since when can you buy full (64 spell) mage books on a npc vendor though? If NPC's started selling full books for each profession, it would be like the NPC blacksmiths starting to stock their own repair deeds, and basic LRC/70's suits. Sure it makes the players jobs a bit easier but completely puts the crafters out of a job.

9. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

well we're talking about a full mystic book on an NPC that is relatively easy to kill, not an npc vendor ... but for example, the invasion spellbooks came stocked w/ 64 spells for a short time ... I'll assume these new gargs are permanent though

10. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ummm...what's a ' Rousers & crew"??

11. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Yeah, I wanted to know that too
    Guess we missed the post describing all that.

12. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

There are two kinds of new Gargoyles in the Abyss, one is called an Outcast I think the other is called a Rouser. They drop around 1k gold and cast full mysticism, including colossus, while the outcasts can use throwing weps and the rouser drops full mystic books w/ 16 spells. Their inclusion is part of the "Fleshing out the Abyss" line in publish notes.

13. Righty

Righty Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Not only that, they messed up the resists bonus with scribe. Thanks for that one, jerks. Time to remake all my suits :(

14. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Did anyone else laugh more than a little when they described their main source of income as selling mystic books @ 10k per?

15. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:lol:

I wish I could live on that income tho. :thumbup1: