1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks Draconi.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kelmo, Jan 7, 2009.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

It is a pleasure to spend time with you. Now get back to work!:yell:

*winks*

2. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

:) Building a special encounter in one of the higher levels of SA right now

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*smiles* The interaction and discussing ideas and stuff was awesome today. Thanks.

4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

lol - I'm glad you said it in jest :)

Three phases of U.Hall:

- why aren't the devs here saying anything?!

- hey, why are you here instead of working fixing X, Y, Z!

- where did the devs go?

wait a moment ... I don't know how to react to "still here AND working"

5. Duskofdead

Duskofdead Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Hooray for Draconi, he reads! Us, I mean!

6. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I hope it's a very challenging AI and non soloable >.>

7. Hopefully UOSA will be alot of fun , bring back alot of old faces , fix the cheaters , and prove to the devoted fans EA cares about UO... :D

8. Ghost71

Ghost71 Guest

And human/elf to Gargoyle quests :)

9. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ergh, is it going to break anyone's heart if conversion is just a direct system without fictional justification?

I mean... okay, Elves and Humans once long long ago shared a common heritage, I can live with that. But Gargoyles are a) Huge, b) Have a completely different language, and c) Did I mention they're Huge?

10. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Could have some kind of mad-scientist/mage who wants to experiment on turning humans/elves into gargoyles :p

11. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I still want to know if all gargs have wings or if we will see a wingless worker bee variety. I bet there could be some tasty fiction there, sir.

12. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

yes :(

( *cough*? )

13. canary

canary Guest

You can always say in fiction they were planted 'sleepers' to live amongst humanity and are reclaiming their lives as Gargs.

14. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Maybe they bite people in the neck at night and turn them into Gargo...... uhm... wait thats vampires.....Nevermind ;)

15. AesSedai

AesSedai Guest

- I just took something called a DNA modification pill and when I awoke I'd become a Gargoyle. Those dang mad scientist/mages (@ Viper09) and their wild alchemies.

(Have a text-based fictional contest a few weeks before they arrive?)

16. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

"Attempt at a new version of the Polymorph spell, but going horribly wrong" is my bid. :p

17. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

To expand on my "yes" above ... I strongly believe that everything that happens in the game needs a fictional explanation: publishes, patches, exploits, server outages, everything (eg: "alchemists, keepers of royal stables and members of the milita have discovered that oils on the scales of swamp dragons have a corrosive effect upon pigments recently used to color the metals; sadly, as we enter the winter moulting season, the effect is likely to become more pronounced, effectively destroying all such dyes from barding").

Even if that explanation is "it's magic and we don't understand it", it acknowledges that something has happened in the world. More politics, biology, even the technobabble of magic ... there's so much deapth (and internal consistency) of fiction I would love to see added to UO.

I don't mind having to make up explanations for my own imagination's satisfaction, but it feels better when there's canon.

(however, I can sympathize that fiction + localization + no master visionary holding it all together can be a major headache)

18. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

hi!

please cast armageddon

19. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I agree fiction should play an important role, after all wasnt that what uo was founded on??

It is a Fantasy MMORPG, personally i really enjoy reading all the game fiction that preceeds the events and such. just wish there was a little more to keep the fantasy alive (apart from just in my wierd little head :p)

20. Yazman

Yazman Guest

Changing races is so stupid. I think there never should have been elf/human conversion quests and I am extremely happy there won't be human/elf-gargoyle conversion.

21. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

See a Succubi takes a human/elf to the bar and gets the human/elf all TORE UP. They then go to a private place and Soooooo.........now you have a Gargoyle. Thats where the NPC quester starts wanting a stick +/- that you toggle on. And there is your heritage, K.I.S.S.

22. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I kind of like the idea of some insane alchemist wanting to test his new formula for making human/elves stronger faster and more akin to magic...

Thus needing specific ingredients to make his potion however....

all goes wrong and he loses control of the magiks, unable to stop the process you grow and mutate...and poof you are gargoyle!!

How you would do the revert would be more difficult to do, maybe some kind of gargoyle mystic attempting the first gargoyle imbuing, attempting to imbue
    with the powers of the elven magics or the humans akin to all skills.

23. I love it!

I want to be a Succubus so badly! Can we have a quest for THAT??!