1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks EA

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Exgirlfriend, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exgirlfriend

Exgirlfriend Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Dear EA:

Just so you know, there is a guild on GL that uses made from valorite everything, im not talking about a few players im telling you an entire guild is using made from dupped valorite hammer equipment both weapons and armor.

These people need to be made an example of, its no supprise why people leave the game in droves. Removing the dupers is not enough, you have to remove the items aquired this way to. And the people that use them solely to grief other players.

Wile i agree burning peoples houses is a cool PR move its about useless to the actual game.

If i wasent a ten year vet, i'd quit...EA when are you ever going to address the issue of cheaters and PVP?

Ex

2. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

Can you prove the items were made with a duped hammer? Could they just be items that were looted and enahced with valorite? There is no way at all for the Devs to tell the difference so nothing will come of this. No, I don't play GL.

3. Revenant2

Revenant2 Guest

Proof isn't necessary really, just common sense within the context, to get a good idea where such items would have come from.

It sounds hard for EA to remove the items that were made with the dupe hammers from the game if they didn't expect to have to do it and plan for it within the code (like, linking armor to the runic that made it). I suspect that the game may be stuck with the dupe-runic-made items.

4. Eslake

Eslake Guest

I think the first property being "Exceptional" or not would be a dead givaway as to whether or not it was enhanced vs runic. ;)

The ability to determine if it was made with a duped hammer?*shrug*
    If they tagged the hammers they could as easilly have modified the script for using the runics to tag the items made with them.

Whether they did or not is anyone's guess.

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Sounds like you got banned and now want to draw your customers with you down. How should you else know if you did not sell them the duped hammers?

6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

PvP is dead. The cheaters won. But I'm too legit to quit B)

7. monnie101

monnie101 Guest

Get a bunch of pictures and save them!

8. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If they burned the duped hammers already they already covered up the evidence. I was one of the people afraid to buy high end runics but i was thinking...I'm pretty sure alot of people have come in contact with those duped items but the only ones who got nailed were the ones that stored them instead of using them. I have come to the conclusion that it's ok to buy any duped consumable as long as you use it immediately.

9. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Woah.

Anyone else notice what a powerful statement this is?

-Galen's player

10. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Well if EA uses item# to track duped items, the val armor is going to have seperate #'s and im guessing the hammers are all used up. Most people can put two and two together, and realize that this armor was most likely made from duped hammers.

But since the item #'s are all different now, nothing can be done about it on EA's end.

Kinda like getting pulled over with a bag of weed.. you have 30 seconds to use all the charges before the cop gets to the window..

11. Kral

Kral Guest

Mob justice. No Jury, no judge, just an angry mob.

Anyone ever read the book "The oxbow incident"

Bring on the Salem Witch hunts!

12. Sheridan

Sheridan Guest

On the contrary, proof is most definitely necessary to accuse someone of what Ex-Girlfriend is. The policy of no accusations on the Stratics forums still holds true. Please do not accuse anyone, be it by guild or by name or by inference, of any illicit behavior. The "fact" that someone is exploiting or cheating is indeed not fact, merely hearsay or opinion... a "he said, she said" situation for which there is no resolution on these forums.

Please refer to the Rules of Conduct, (specifically Rules C and D) if you have any further questions on this matter. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.