1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks for the account migration disaster follow up (house and items lost)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Olahorand, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

In the last few months I had not much time to play Ultima Online. Even if I had 4 permanently paid accounts I only logged on two of them regulary, which was my mistake.

Today a friend asked me via ICQ, if I dropped my house on ATL (South of Yew gate Trammel, I think it had the name Drachenfels embassy or such).
    Imagine my horror - this house was the one where I had concentrated most of my collected rares and vet rewards over the time - some very old stuff from the early beginning (naughty bag and such), and unfortunately at least one guild stone - "Archers of Atlantic" - died to this incident as well. I could only follow the 12th year teleporter tile to the house of a Dr Pet.
    Of course I paid the account (after initial issues I am no longer sure if via credit card which failed so multiple times or via 6 month GTC) - but it did not renew automatically - and I got no notification mail either about the expiration. Even if I paid that account with GTC and missed the expiration - this could only happen due to the account migration disaster, which invalidated my credit card information and did not accept it at all any more as I needed to reactivate it last year.

So a very pretty gift for my 49th birthday.

Thanks EA - for this huge frustration after 15 years of playing. I am so very sad now.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

2. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I feel for you, Olahorand. People be aware that the notification that they are canceling your account is sent at the same time they cancel it. Also, if you have accounts that you think are on continual renewal, then think again. Once the account is canceled it is next to impossible to reinstate it via the web page, as your credit card will be denied. Once you get them on the phone, the problem will be taken care of courteously and quickly, albeit with an acknowledgement that something is not working right. DUH!

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  3. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master

question did u check email ?? should have gotten one i do when billing ends ???

if did is your fault !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Prawn

Prawn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This happened to me aswell, no notifications via email... luckily I was able to refresh my house before it fell.

SOME SERIOUS F***#@*@#* issues with their account systems.. EA/Mythic should seriously just toss the towel in on UO and sell it off to a 3rd party who can put the dedication in it so deserves.

5. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Got a friend this is happening to right now. But so far, haven't heard back on if he was able to get that super rare support person who knew what UO was, and how to work it... Good luck to all of ya!!!

6. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

no, Uriah - I tried the EA customer service telephone number, got a tape recorded message to go to help.ea.com for any UO support.

Lost one account two days ago (8 year account) when the 90 day billing cycle tried to bill my old credit card (bank has a new name and new card) and the other two will be billed on 16th and 22nd for the normal 90 day cycle, but since I have been unable to update my cc info via eamythic.com my bank , another two accounts (10 & 12 year old accounts) will fall because the current account management system is so complicated that not even a 3rd grader can comprehend it. Soon UO will lose another player and Legends will no longer have a Warden of the Abyss:( Wonder if it will fall and IDOCers will camp it?

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

There is a Forum on Stratics located here that is intended to help with these issues. An EA/Mythic representative has been assigned to check the forum regularly and help out with problems. Please post there for better assistance.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  8. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

People, go to help.ea.com. On that page, click on HELP, then on CONTACT US. After filling in the game, Ultima Online, you will be able to choose CALL ME.

When I used this method, the phone rang less than a minute after I clicked enter to send my phone number. Within 10 minutes I was back in game. The experience was a pleasant surprise.

Sevin0oo0 and aoLOLita like this.
  9. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I can't imagine the feeling you must have, but know that is quite a loss.

-Lorax

10. The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian Certifiable

Well,
    a weeks ago I suddenly could not log in.Ofcourse I panic but when I had calmed down,I went to account site and of some reason there was no date that indicates next time they get money from my CC.I immediately paid for both accounts but I wonder why it not was automatically like the first almost 15 years of play...
    I have a monthly subscription and my account was cancelled a couple of days before payday.
    I did not get any mails that my subscription was over and so on.

The account migration has been a fiasco since day one.
    Log in at least every second day or check account site that there are a date next to your CC.

Regards
    The Scandinavian

11. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Reactivating that account has no point now, you know, EA won't return anything, as usual. Years of ingame history lost, collections not only from this shard, but also from some of the other shards I played on and transfered to my museum style house on ATL.

I think I can now track down, what happened. It was the account, which had the credit card expired last year around May. As I tried to update the new CC info 2 month later, the migration process was just hitting the servers, and due to vacation in an Internet free zone I could not do anything before. After account migration was completed and account was merged with an EA account, EA rejected my new credit card. Since also customer service could not help (I have found the chat log last night from that incident) I finally was able to purchase a 6 month GTC. Later I simply forgot, that this account was not on credit card any more (as it was the years before) and I assume there was never a mail about expired subsciption (hard to tell, since it could have gone into the spam folder or been overlooked during the time, which I spent on a travel to USA, which was around the time frame, the GTC must have ended).
    So my fault, to forget the fact that the account was no longer on CC and not finding time to play it (since it was more or less dedicated for holding the house), but initially caused by the account migration not allowing me to use my Credit card any more.
    And as I found just recently, even the Credit card input paying the account successfully after migration did not renew automatically and I had a hard struggle to pay my oldest account (recently I could pay with the stored CC by simply confirming the unchanged CC from a different location, also within Germany after struggling weeks with the "An error occurred" message! Lost several account age weeks to this, but at least for that account I got an Sub expired message.)

What remains, is simply deep sadness and frustration.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

12. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

TY-I'll give that a try later this morn!

13. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Followed your step by step directions - no where is there an option for "call me" :( All they have is twuitter, FB, forums and YouTube - no where is a telephone option.

14. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I'm not sure it was Ever managed very well.
    My car insurance, and others, are ALL set to auto-bill. They ALL send a notice before expiry, informing me of that notice, which offers a chance a submit payment by an alternate method, if I wished, or simply allow it to bill the default card by doing nothing. I think they do this a couple days before the expiration date returning an unsuccessful action, or successful transaction notices. This stuff sounds like it was planned out by a rent-a-noob-programmer. This is all automatic stuff, not like it has to be done by a human, it's just running code. Disabled, I do most of spending electronically, of all, this company is Pitiful.

Raptor85 likes this.
  15. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I use a simple low tech sticky note with account subscription date. I can verify account before date and don't ever worry about relying on others.

Good luck I hope you get your issues fixed.

16. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Errrrr u still get 90 days b4 the house falls after any account is closed.....sorry but u paid the price playing the 90 day game to tight.....

so thats like 90 days were u could have tried to log in and get the message ur account is blocked/expired......sad

wanderer1origin likes this.
  17. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, I just tried it again and the call back and live chat options are greyed out. It looks like they are not active until someone is manning the help desk. I must have just gotten lucky when I gave it a try.

18. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You read it wrong
    He wasnt doing that he was paying and it stopped renewing and he never got an email

Raptor85 likes this.
  19. THP

THP Stratics Legend

ERRRRRRRRRR i read it quite correct guildy of the OP!!!!.......the fact he got no email does not detract from the fact if an account closes due to no billing...u still get 90 days....yes read...90 days....yes read It again....90 days to sort a new billing account out....so if u try to log in within this blocked 90 days u would get the normal message......ur account is blocked/elapsed ....kinda gives it away the 90 day timer as started...

20. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Hate to be the naysayer here but you could avoid all this just by paying your UO account every month ya know.. I know many people juggle accounts to hold houses.. but don't expect us to cry for you when you forget a month and lose one of your twenty houses..

wanderer1origin likes this.
  21. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

In the first post he said he had it set to auto renew and he hadnt logged in that account in a long time
    Out of 4 accounts he only logged in 2 of them regularly
    Seems clear to me he been keeping his account paid up or trying
    Had the email been sent he woulda fixed it
    This sucks for him please dont accuse him of something he didnt do
    Especially since everyone was so nice in the other thread where a guy lost a grandfathered house and had to find room for his 2000 checks
    He was playing the 90 day game
    This guy was not

Raptor85 likes this.