1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thanks

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ole Kvaldsund, May 6, 2015.

1. Ole Kvaldsund

Ole Kvaldsund Visitor

Just wanted to say thanks to Siege. I spent a lot of time creating a crafter hoping to be of some use to someone. Well, I get to the level where I decide it's time to start making my character pay for himself.

Wanna know what happens? Get insulted and implied I am stupid. Wow, awesome.

Welcome to Siege! Welcome newcomers and want it to grow! We like to help newcomers!

BS.

Have fun telling each other how wealthy you are.

2. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

Do not let the actions of one or two people stop you from enjoying a great shard. Please remember there are idiots everywhere. Don't let them win by going away!

3. Ol MacDeezy

Ol MacDeezy Adventurer
    IPKU

what skills do you have? tailor/smith/imbuing?

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Give it a chance more. Siege need crafters

5. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

Don't let the rude attitude of some very few people here ruin your fun. Give it a little time and you will find one of the best player communities in all of UO.
    I saw you advertise your PoF sale yesterday. If it want to sell out quickly you might wanna consider lowering your price from 50k to 35-40k. You're competing with moongate vendors selling for 35k after all.

6. Arradin

Arradin Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Uh? Im quite new here myself , and a Crafter. What i have experienced is the exact opposit.

People are standing in line to help me with whatever i need to get going, because Siege *really* want/need crafters.

So yeah, you aint going anywhere :)

7. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

Hey Arradin, how is your Yew gate shop?

8. Arradin

Arradin Sage

Hello Marisa!

I have moved to Moonglow moongate/Guardzone , and in the process of starting it up now , already got some sales! Quite excited about that.

Thanks for asking :)

9. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

You ran into someone having a very bad day who vented in game or someone may well have thought you were me with renamed characters and sounded off at you. I wanted to see the evil vile beast known as change come to Siege and permit me to bring my prodo deco to Siege from Chessie, didn't prove to be a popular idea, so I'm back to Chessie and dodging malware trying out free shards for the Siege-like experience. As a rule Siege people are, with very rare exception, very decent people. Very resistant to the idea of change, but very decent people. Crafters are needed on Siege, set up your shop and have fun. Just don't advocate <gasp!> change. :)

10. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

Or better yet, don't advocate change that would entirely screw up the one economy that hasn't been screwed up through duping.

-Val'lyn

11. Val'lyn De'ana

I'm sorry I missed the GC drama, but you should really work on the thickness of your skin. If you can't take getting insulted from time to time (deserved or not) maybe Siege isn't for you.

That being said, I hope you do stay.

-Val'lyn

12. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The evil vet cabal strikes again!!! :eek:

Victim of Siege and Spiffykeen like this.
  13. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

I'm still sure nonspawning deco would not ruin the economy, just make prices on this deco lower = more available to people. No effect on the price of gold itself.

14. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

If you're going to tell the story, tell it right and mention names, like mine. All I said to you was 50k for pof was a little high and then you got all huffy puffy defensive and made a snide comment back to me that was really unwarranted. We could have had a civil conversation about the prices of your goods but instead you got immediately offended and defensive. And not once did I or anyone else refer to you as stupid or insult you.

You also won't find another shard with more people willing to help new players here. There seems to be a pattern lately though of supposedly new players coming to Siege, something terrible happens to them, they quickly blame everyone on the shard and call us all liars for claiming we help people and then failing to do so, or insulting them in some way. You got mad in GC, and you disappeared without finishing a conversation which more than likely would have ended totally in your favor. Instead you rage log and run over to stratics to post your Goodbye Cruel Siege thread ???

#14 GarthGrey, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
  15. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I guess if his wares sell, price is ok. I would not pay 50k each, then I rather do a littl BoDs, even when I hate it. I would however pay 25k and spare me the pain of doing BoDs.
    I refust to add 100k to the price for a weapon

16. Arradin

Arradin Sage

Supply vs demand.

I will not let anyone else set the price of my goods, if something sells, then the price is correct, if it flies off the vendors, its too low.

Crafters need to be able to get payed for thier goods - Including vendor fees!
    I will not feel sorry for trying to get Money for my goods, but if i put too high price, it wont sell, and i lose Money......

So, im new with MY shop and prices will go up and down as a yo-yo , but i doubt someone will Yell at me for it :)

kelmo, Uvtha and FrejaSP like this.
  17. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I won't yell at you, but if i should reply in GC and say "that price might be a bit high", please don't be offended. Thats not an attempt to run you off of the shard. :)

18. Ole Kvaldsund

Ole Kvaldsund Visitor

Maybe you should take your own advice and tell the story right as well.

After you said they were too high, I said I was merely going off vendor search pricing. Instead of helping out a new player with more accurate pricing, you implied I was stupod by saying, they are on vendors because they are not selling. I am sorry for being new and therefore not having full knowledge of selling prices. Then to rub it in, you just had to tell me how poor I am because you have so many more than me. Which I find insulting.

Do not decide for me what I find insulting.

But you carry on being the awesome badass you are.

19. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Again, you're not telling it correctly. I said those items are on Vendor Search because they aren't selling, which they aren't. I didnt tell you how poor you are, or how rich I am, (which YOU SAID), in fact I'm one of the poorest gold holders on the shard. What I said was, I've bought over 100 pofs and I paid 30k for each and every one of them, you took it as insulting because you immediately went on the defensive when I told you your price was a tad high.

20. Val'lyn De'ana

I think I hold that title :)

-Val'lyn

21. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I have a lot of "stuff" but not much gold.

22. Ole Kvaldsund

Ole Kvaldsund Visitor

You see it however you wish.

When you tell someone who has struggled to get 10k, how you have spent 300k on something I have been working hard to get a couple of, yea, that doesn't come across as helpful.

I never rage logged, or said I was leaving. I posted my own experience of first entering the marketplace. I tried to sell something, I got a reply I felt was condescending and insulting. Which is funny, because right after me, someone comes on, beg for stuff right off the bat and people are more than willing to help him for free, I actually put in the time and effort, I get treated in a way I find insulting.

Take it as you will. I will continue to play for myself, others be damned.

23. Val'lyn De'ana

To be honest, no matter the tone or how you took it, the advise/comment was spot on. High priced items on Siege usually sit on vendors for a long time, or are pulled so the owner doesn't have to pay the high fees.

If you don't like the 30k price, give 50k a try, but it could end up with you having a full vendor taking gold out of your bank every day instead of depositing it. :)

-Val'lyn

24. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

Here's my final reply on this, do what you want with it. Don't hold the entire shard responsible for something that I said. If you were offended by any of my comments, my apologies for that, wasn't my intention at all. But lumping everyone into one giant group of evil a$$holes is a mistake. Put Garth Grey on ignore in GC if that will make it better, but don't distance yourself from the entire shard with comments like "others be damned".

Victim of Siege likes this.
  25. Ole Kvaldsund

Ole Kvaldsund Visitor

As stated, 50k was what I was asking. Instead of implying I am stupid for looking at vendor prices to figure out an asking price, maybe say, that is a tad high, they usually go for xx to xx amount. Or heck, even ask will you take xx amount.

Val'lyn De'ana likes this.
  26. FrejaSP

The players here comes for different cultures. Sometimes you need to ignore the way it is said, because what sounds as an insult to you, may not be meant that way. You may need to grow a little thicker skins.

27. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

@Ole Kvaldsund I would gladly pay 50k for something that I need. Never fails, I need it and cant find it lol. We are a great group of people here and usually willing to help with anything we can. Tell us where your shop is and im sure you will get some business.

28. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Is it wrong that I hope that all of these strangely similar outrages are the work of some delusional goofball trying to create events to point back to and say "SEE, its not just me!"

I'm gonna lol when in a year from now (after all his evil plots come to fruition and the shard is finally closed down) when it turns to to have been Kelmo all along.... Slow burn revenge for the years of deeply wounding, sheep jokes. :popcorn:

Victim of Siege, kelmo and GarthGrey like this.
  29. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

YOUR PRICES ARE CONFOUNDING!!! :grrr:

30. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

1) I don't think 50k is really all that high. I would buy them at that price if I needed them, and I am generally very broke. (sub 500k) 30-40k will sell faster. I'd go 5k (within reason) under whatever you find on vendor search, that way others doing the same thing will find yours the cheapest.

2) I think you did over react a bit here, but no big deal, I don't think he was trying to be nasty.

Lets all let bygones be bygones, and welcome to the open market! :D

31. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

Lots of dynamics involved in pricing and sometimes it's a crapshoot. A couple weeks ago I couldn't stock enough POF at 50k. At 30-35k it's not worth the time to me to dig shadow or dull and then use one of the sbods.

Sometimes you have to walk away and focus on other items to sell. Good luck to ya if you decide to stick around.

Jack Nickelson

32. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

GarthGrey can seem an ass wagon sometimes. He will grow on ya if ya give him a chance though. Seems impossible, I know. Took me ages. *grins*