1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Thanksgiving turkeys ..... no so gone as the Dev hope for

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Storm, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thought I was seeing things for a few minutes while on my mad rush over the lands of Sosaria.

I was at many falls on shards and kept seeing something out of the corner of my eye on screen that didnt jive with my brain. Flashes of spawn that would be the big Thanksgiving turkeys!! They would pop in then just as quickly vanish.... I know I was going loopy hunting so many idoc's and chalked it up to fatigue.... Till I droped in on my new keep spot. Right in front of me apeared for a bit longer then most was a turkey that vanished just as it fully apeared.

Me thinketh the Dev sliped on turn off button...... Its a code to shut it in house off right? So why am i still even today seening turkeys show up around UO??

2. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

I am glad I am not the only one seeing things, I was ready to take my new specs back to shop and demand a refund :dunce:. I recalled over to fire temple to check the local GD spawn and I could swear on any holy book you care to name I seen a big ugly mean Turkey flash up on screen for a few seconds last week.

3. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

The turkeys have been around all along, they just learned to hide and stealth around. Once in awhile one of them fails a stealth check and gets revealed. You only see them for a brief second before they hide again and stealth away.

4. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

This might explain why the town criers will not shut the hell up about turkeys.

5. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Well, hmmmmm.... Maybe it's the turkeys that destroyed Blackthorn's Castle in Ilsh and is what we will be defending the realm from in the upcoming arc :p Ninja Turkeys ughhhhh

6. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Yeah.... all I need...

Ninja Turkeys...........

Hehe my son read my post and said thanks mom... I wasnt sure I was seeing what I saw.

They have been failing stealth all over Sosaria it apears..... Ether something in hte recient patch didnt sit well with the Turkey gump or that swith is on the fritz.

7. Daga Taga

Daga Taga Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I thought I was going crazy....I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this!

8. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Ha, I saw one as well, and blamed it on the EC...

9. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

maybe the same in-game process that eliminates certain items, like the old 'head of playername', they don't decay, they poof

10. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

From what was said from a Dev post over a year ago, the program is able to be switched on and off with a small command. But I think the latest patch added when they were still active might have effected the program.

Many have thougth they were seeing things.... not brave enough to admit they saw them. Guess the dev got a bit of a mystry on their and our hands...

Still like the idea of a ninja turkey.....