1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The age old question... should I come back?

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Shqiptar, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Shqiptar

Shqiptar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Haven't played in like.... a year? I don't know. Started playing in like... 2001, when I was 13.

I played the Elder Scrolls Online Beta and well... it sucked. In my opinion it is going to be just another WoW clone... maybe they can prove me wrong after launch.. ah well. The game gave me the urge to play a good MMORPG, one which at least still has the semblance of an actual world. Not a quest amusement park where a guild holds your hand the entire way.

Is it worth paying 15 bucks to activate an account for a month? I'll probably get my fix after a month anyway.

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I'm not sure anyone can answer this definitively. But I'll offer a reason why I'm hopeful about UO's advancement. Although EA retains ownership of the franchise, a new company--Broadsword--has been granted exclusive license to publish/operate both UO and Dark Age of Camelot.

Broadsword is a start-up with around 12-15 employees and two sources of income: UO and DAoC. Maintenance mode is viable, but not profitable for a start-up hoping to grow. Accordingly, they have significantly more incentive to invest in development, marketing, community advancement, etc., than big EA.

Ultimately, the proof is in the pudding. But it's a change, and Broadsword's interests are tied to UO's success.

They have the passion, developers, engineers, QA, artists, and CSRs. What they don't have is PR and community management. Between you and me, let's hope they choose the right folks--folks who are best connected to their market: http://valourcorp.com/services.

3. Boondocker

Boondocker Adventurer

UO is not in competition with online games? Ultima creator Richard Garriott tried to tell us that,
    You can log in and build a house, start a business, write a book, go fishing, sail a warship & sink pirates, start a fight with another player or monster, do quests or do some gardening.
    Thanks to the creativity of UO players, it is not possible to name every possible activity.

4. Beldin Brightaxe

Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Fer a month?

Ah'd say it's $15 well spent.

Captn Norrington likes this.
  5. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

In my opinion UO is still by far the best online game out there, definitely worth the $15

Boondocker likes this.
  6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yes

Boondocker likes this.
  7. Boondocker

Boondocker Adventurer

yes absolutely

Captn Norrington likes this.
  8. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Welcome back Shqiptar!
    Come on now. I see your fingers hovering over the keys.
    I mean ya got a neat Avatar and everything!
    Grow some plants, deco a house, tame a beastie, sew a half apron, forge a shield, dig some ore, axe a tree, sneak around in Fel, fish up a brook trout, blow up a pirate, strut around Luna bank, join in an event, bow to Lord Blackthorn, wander the lands, explore Ilshenar, kill a Daemon, stroll through the Abyss, fill a music box, need I go on????.........
    Bet it takes you more than a month!

Welcome home!

:p

Boondocker likes this.
  9. iLLegal Means

iLLegal Means Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

What other game can you get drunk and pass out on the bank steps?

EM_Bennu and Taylor like this.
  10. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Happens to me enough irl... :(

11. Desi

Desi Visitor

I just came back about 2 months ago after being gone for 3 years. I started with a newly created account while I sorted out some billing issues with my main accounts, after about an hour or so I knew I would be back. I'm back and re-building up now and it's just as much if not more fun now then it was 3 years ago. I do think it is worth the $15 bucks for as many hours of entertainment you get!!!

Boondocker and EM_Bennu like this.
  12. FireKitten

FireKitten West Vesper Arena - Pit Mistress
    Stratics Veteran

Come on in!!!!!! The waters warm!!! *snickers and swishes her tail*

Boondocker likes this.
  13. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Give it a honest try. Don't rely on others, experience it yourself. *smiles*

14. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just came back two months ago after a multi year break. I went all in and decided ill pay for a six month code and decide after that. Been fun so far.. still playing baja but most of my time has been playing ATL due to the population.

Remaking my mage.. and other chars like my griefer ninja assassin.. and the new pvm char sampire. Which is exactly the same as my necro warrior on baja with a few tweeks .. guess I was onto something four to five years ago lol.

15. Shqiptar

Shqiptar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

This is the reason I will probably be reactivating my account(s) in April. I think I am going to do it when midterms are over. Thanks for the responses guys.

Troop likes this.