1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Ankh Pendant, is it broken?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Uriah Heep, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

An alliance member and I tried it, I had never tried before, and nothing happens. He said it used to work, but hasnt worked for him in some time.
    And yes, said the right mantra, was at a shrine in Trammel (spirituality) and he had tried others over a few days.
    No message given, no noticeably boost. Is this something broken in a patch? have they been nerfed or turned off? Or am I missing something:eek:

2. Katlene

Katlene Guest

i didnt even know they did anything =/

3. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

well, just reading up on em from <the site that can't be named> it seems so, and I remebmer reading about it also when they were intro'd.
    But it doesnt seem to work now *shrugs*

4. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

hmmmm, a friend of mine tried an ankh pendant either yesterday or the day before and reported to me that it worked. (if you didn't have it equipped, you might try putting it on as I do know he had his on.)

5. dielock

dielock Guest

Site that cannot be named on Stratics? That's ludicrous. UO Guide is one of the best sites around. They even keep up to date on everything. More than I can say for this site right now.

6. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I wasn't aware that UO Guide couldn't be mentioned on Stratics.

Now, the sites that use scripts to collate information about what's for sale, where, on each shard... They can't be mentioned...

7. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

yeah my bad, its ingame ya cant say it...
    unless there's an update I missed
    sorry for the faux pas :p
    or whatever heheh

8. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

9. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You forgot to click you Ruby Heels three times while chanting the mantra, my friend :)

Seriously, what does the ankh necklace supposed to do??

10. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

if you goto certain shrines and say certain words it is supposed to modify your regen.
    each shrine does a different thing.
    hp regen, mana regen, stam regen. +1 or +2 or random up to +3 on something in any combination.

it can only be used ONCE per day and it only works for one hour.. kinda makes it suck.

11. Katlene

Katlene Guest

for those interested heres a paste of how it works.
    Ill definitly give it a go if i can find my necklace hehe:lick:

"What does the ankh necklace do? Is it just for show?"
    As a number of alert players have pointed our, should you visit one of the Shrines of the Virtues and meditate (chant a mantra) there, you will receive a system message having to do with that virtue. But what does it mean?

The ankh will give a bonus to one or more of the 3 regeneration stats that will last for 1 hour. The bonus can only be activated once per day. Each of the shrines will give a unique bonus combination to regeneration stats based on the virtue for that particular shrine (this is based on the 3 principles).

Each principle is related to a regeneration stat as follows:
    Truth - Mana Regeneration
    Love - Hit Point Regeneration
    Courage - Stamina Regeneration

Each virtue will give the following bonus to regeneration stats as follows:
    Honesty +2 Mana Regen
    Compassion +2 HP Regen
    Valor +2 Stamina Regen
    Justice +1 Mana Regen, +1 HP Regen (50% chance to get one regen bumped up to +2)
    Sacrifice +1 HP Regen, +1 Stamina Regen (50% chance to get one regen bumped up to +2)
    Honor +1 Mana Regen, +1 Stamina Regen (50% chance to get one regen bumped up to +2)
    Spirituality +1 All Regens (25% chance (3 independent rolls) to get each regen bumped up to +2)
    Humility +3 Random Regen

Shrine - Mantra

Compassion - Mu
    Honesty - Ahm
    Honor - Summ
    Humility - Lum
    Justice - Beh
    Sacrifice - Cah
    Spirituality - Om
    Valor - Ra