1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The best way to get short persons to subscribe to UO.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by AnonFALLGUY, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonFALLGUY

AnonFALLGUY Guest

Have a short friend you would like to get started on Ultima Online? NO PROBLEM! Just send them to this link over at the UO Herald!

THE YEW TIMES - A Newspaper for Sosaria | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

With plenty of offensive/derogatory words to go around for the whole family, who can go wrong!?

-This post on the herald just goes to show, UO does in fact support the use of offensive/derogatory words from it's player base....

Have Fun!

-Way to lose a potential target audience who would love to escape into a fantasy world. =)

*For more information on the word "midget" please head on over to wikipedia!

Midget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Just another great example of everyone gets offended by something. Its becoming impossible to speak without someone getting "offended"

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Best to avoid most fantasy worlds then... between Hobbits and Dwarfs, Lord of the Rings and Narnia must be off limits.

4. AnonFALLGUY

AnonFALLGUY Guest

Tell that to: Restricted Growth Association (UK based support network for people of profound short-stature) and the Little People of America (the American support network)

5. AnonFALLGUY

AnonFALLGUY Guest

Dwarf is acceptable....

6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

And usually, offended on behalf of someone else..... as if those people need a spokesperson...

7. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

My Aunt prefers the term *Little Person*. She's 3 feet 2 inches tall...my favorite Aunt in the WHOLE world because she's one of the few people I know that's shorter then me! :)

Though I would have thought that Lord Popeye should have asked for some Turkish Delight before taking the both of them out ;)

IF you must get technical however, it wasn't a midget but a dwarf that accompanied the White Witch through Narnia....but I don't think they were going for accuracy in The Yew Times :/

Some people just need to chillax! :banana:

8. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Actually, both of the Yew Times posts have had somewhat offensive content in them. Whoever is proofing them for subject material needs to reread the UO ToS.

Nimuaq and AnonFALLGUY like this.
  9. AnonFALLGUY

AnonFALLGUY Guest

Agreed.

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.