1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Bittersweetest Thing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zosimus, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just WOW is all I can say. This is probably one of the interesting reads on the internet I have read in a long while that makes my top 5.

Looks like we get a little insight from game developers on how they react to gaming community especially when its not good. Not like this is news because most gamers know that developers don't pay much attention to to posts like, "your game sucks" or "fix it now or I am closing my account" Those are 2 mildly ones I used but if you miss reading this then you are definetly missing a great read.

Source

#1 Zosimus, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    AirmidCecht likes this.
  2. zylo

zylo Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Great Post... I totally agree with what he is saying and can understand it all...

3. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Tis sad that what has become of gaming forums anymore. I can't blame developers who avoid forums. Most gaming companies are making their own official forums so they can control much of the content talked about and control the "trolls" at the same time.

Thats why you are seeing more and more sites popping up that once was well known gaming forums going into media. I do noticed that MMORPG site is very lax on their forums but they are more known for their articles which the forums are only visted by the die hards.

Truly I wouldn't be surprised that this rumor that is currently floating around within the gaming companies that many trolls are actually gamers from other games trying to disrupt and tear down a new gaming community of any new game while trying to preserve their own at the same time. Proof is in the fact when these same posters are saying they quit playing the game but constantly post negative posts to stir the pot and talking about their new games.

I could imagine a developers day dealing with those migranes in their gaming community while trying to actually to decipher constructive criticism posts versus trolls. Trolls are an improved breed now days versus the old days.