1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Bone Harvester Weapon Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Sir Scott, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Lord Sir Scott

Lord Sir Scott Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Why does this weapon "Not" harvest the bones?

I know Ant Lions carry bones, But the Bone Harvester does not "Harvest" them....

Awaits A Satisfying Awnser...

2. Well if you really want a common sense answer. The bone harvester is just a sickle. Sickles are farm tools used to harvest wheat and other grain crops. Its all in the name. If you look at it from a reallity standpoint, the weapon could hardly be used to salvage anything from a body.

From the games standpoint, it may be a good idea. Maybe double the amount of bones you harvest with a bone harvester? or give the ability to harvest bones from all creatures and not just selected creatures who drop bones as loot.

3. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Cool, yea i really would like it to harvest bones hahahaha!

4. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, i'd like to be able to harvest Bones from almost any corpse. Pain in the ass slaughtering the Zombie population of New Haven and all the graveyards just to get a measly amount of bones, especially considering Bone Armor takes so many of them and has a low Exceptional rate even with 120.0 Tailoring and a good Tailoring Talisman.

5. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

"Satisfying" is a subjective judgment.

The bone harvester appears to have been named because it kinda-sorta sounded scary and threatening and necromancer-ish.

Envision it "hooking" your opponent's bones and internal organs. Envision said bones and internal organs being yanked out when you withdraw the weapon. Envision your opponent's corpse. Not just dead, but dismembered, his blood bones and organs scattered on the ground like an unholy garden, growing in the soft, dewy grass.

I see nothing wrong with some things in the game existing primarily for aesthetics or atmosphere or (heaven forbid!!) roleplaying. While I've always argued that every "boss" monster spawn type thing should have a special reward, I don't find anything wrong with how a weapon is named being one of those things that's atmosphere only.

-Galen's player

PS: What's very interesting to me is that the elf weapon "Leafblade" seems similar designed to leave ugly, intimidating wounds wounds. Yet, it's named so much more innocuously.....

6. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I agree Galen, the bone harvester is one of my favorite weapons, and I envision the necromancer's way of "harvesting" bones using it rather than the more literal interpretation some people are assigning to it. It is after all the weapon of choice for the aspiring necromancer (look in you rhand when you create a new necromancer). :)

7. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

If you want to harvest bones, the first thing you should ask is to be able to seed and grow them. You know, if you want to take a roleplayish name literally, do it all the way.

8. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bone armour.. Ahhhh.. Would really like to see that instead of all the leather parts you see around.

Maybe it could be made a little easier to craft.

9. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Maybe it was just easier than using Khopesh as it's name...though the Khopesh was more similar to an axe