1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Case of the Missing Crate - Recap

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by EM Barnaby, Aug 19, 2014.

1. EM Barnaby

EM Barnaby UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator Stratics Veteran

Howdy folks.

The points have been updated on the Catskills EM Site. As a reminder, only those who have participated in a point-giving event in the last six months are listed on the roster, so if you come back and do an event you will be listed along with all of your old Investigator points.

The point breakdown was as follows:

(1) Talk to Lord Cecil in the Cat's Lair.
    (2) Find the scrap of notes left in one of the guard towers by the brigands.
    (1) Talk to Moody and Joshua in Trinsic.
    (1) Talk to the group at The Albatross in Occlo.
    (1) Talk to Jor in Buc's Den (Felucca)
    (3) Question the King about the missing crate.
    (2) Provide a thoughtful, complete summary of your investigation.
    (1) Be used as the "example" report. These reports can be found sitting next to Thorpe following the conclusion of the investigation/event, and may be kept publicly available for future reference as well as mentioned in Event Summaries on the Catskills EM Site.

The max points for this investigation was 12. Only Cedric got full points. The King could have been questioned either through letter, or directly when he held his audiences (though he sure didn't like being asked!).

Both Cedric and Serim Arith's reports are available for review at Thorpe's "office" in East Britain. Cedric for its thoroughness and Serim's for its...imagination (I laughed like hell).

The first two point-bearing events for the new RBG branch has been somewhat "low stakes". Future events will be worth more points overall. In addition, I will be posting the rank requirements shortly, but for now, the first three are as follows:

Recruit - 0
    Private - 60
    Private First Class - 160

Please note that while it is possible to gain points for more than one character/account in Investigation events (as participation is tied only to filed reports), it is not for the"field" events led by Lieutenant Jeffrey. With this in mind I will offer a one time "point switch" to a different character on the SAME account for those who had points with a less battle-capable character as an Investigator. Please contact me for details on this.

Thanks.

2. Gillian Wilkins

Gillian Wilkins Seasoned Veteran
    Governor

*double checks* If I may, I turned one in..and I don't see me listed.

3. EM Barnaby

I'm glad you said something, because I had noted that you asked about the crate and thought it odd when I didn't see a report filed. On second glance, I found it. I'll have your points updated on the site soon!

Gillian Wilkins likes this.
  4. Gillian Wilkins

Gillian Wilkins Seasoned Veteran
    Governor

Thank you so much! I try not to pester!

5. Lord Bytor

Lord Bytor Sage
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran K^S

Will there be a Promotion Ceremony for the newly made Privates ? Will the new Privates receive Sashes or something else and if so, will they have anything tagged on the sashes or said item(s) ?

6. EM Barnaby

Yes. It is in the works :)

Pandora_CoD and Lord Bytor like this.
  7. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

I am curious, when did I become a recruit? I do not recall signing up for this. Was I drunk, walking in my sleep? Did some nefarious being take over my person and enlist into the service?

#7 Aedon Durreah, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  8. EM Barnaby

I can remove you if you wish. In the initial announcement it states that you will receive points towards rank if you turn in a report. You filed a report, so I assigned you points.

Let me know. Otherwise you will remain a Recruit and be assigned to manage the Lieutenant's supply of spirits. It is a full time job.

9. Thom

Thom Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran

It's the perfect job for Aedon.

10. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

Huzzah, a fine job indeed.

I was just a bit confused as to how I got on the list. Oh and Thom, I need a fresh supply of Galhaven spirits. Seems my last shipment went.....um missing?