1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Companion and Seer Thread! Let's keep this going!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by viper of flames, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viper of flames

viper of flames Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Closed thank you Canary btw I have my account ty.

2. canary

canary Guest

Wow, don't hurt your arm trying to pat yourself on the back.

You aren't forgotten; there is a tribute to Seers, companions and volunteers in Britain by where the current EM hq's are.

Special housing area? Really?

Most Seers had an account paid for. Companions had special abilities that outlasted the program they were allowed to keep without oversight. I think that is plenty thanks.

3. WildStar

WildStar UO Baja News Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor BRPA

Besides I am sure that some of the Robed Companions have not forgotten how they were informed the program was ended.

4. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't they sue EA/UO for real money to provide this servise?

5. canary

canary Guest

There were some disgruntled volunteers/ seers (not many, it was spearheaded by some gal whose name I forget). Yes, it was over being compensated for volunteer time.

Because of the legal hoo ha over it, volunteer capacities were shut down effective IMMEDIATELY with little to no advance warning. It just stopped one day. Seers were stripped of abilities, Counselors were allowed to keep their powers, and basically any oversight over them or what they did was lost. Some people used their abilities to continue, while others... not so much.

Kinda stinky, but that's what happened.

6. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Canary I agree with your post #2 %100 and was just adding that the OP wants all these things for a service that they agreed to do for free and then EA/UO was sued for money. Free accounts/special abilities were never enough. MORE MORE MORE

7. Lexfixr

Lexfixr Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Please dont throw us ex companions in the same category as the seers/councellors
    we had no special abilities (other than a hot key to take us back to the spot before we were teleported, to meet a young) no discounts-- nada and that was fine with us the whole point was to help new players and it was fun re-living the times when we first started ourselves.

8. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Guest

The ironic thing about this post is, isnt asking for free stuff like game time exactly what ruined the whole Seer/companion system In the first place, making the majority of people who did it out of genuine good will pay the price for a few peoples greed and depriving the whole community of a good feature.

Sorry if I got this wrong and over reacted, but as other people have pointed out there are already memorials. I'm not saying you don't deserve credit for the service you provided, but it was maybe a little insensitive to ask for new items and preferential treatment like custom housing..

9. The above bolded statement is incorrect. I was a senior counselor when the program ended and we were all on UO owned accounts. On the day the program ended, our accounts were simply locked. I think companions kept their powers because all they could do was teleport to young players but I'm not sure on this.

10. canary

canary Guest

Whoops, sorry. Meant companions, not counselors. Yes, counselors were stripped of powers. If you see my posts before the one you quoted I do say that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.