1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

the Days of [ORC]

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Mogluk, May 2, 2009.

1. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

tonight brought back a lot of memories, Xulgag a long time shadowclan chief was on, luckily someone from GIL saw him on and informed me so that I was able to go and have a good 'orc blah'. even though I would say that my accent has been humanized. I would almost say that I am half the orc used to be. It reminded me a lot of how much this game has lost. And also how much I missed having a group of orcs/undead around.

on taht note I would like to inform people that a new Orc/evil roleplaying area will be opening up soon. I miss the Orc Fort. and I hope to bring taht flavor back with a twist.

so stay tuned.......

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

You´re welcome... ;)

3. SavageSP

SavageSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sweeet... I miss Klompin Orcs!

4. Xulgag

Xulgag Guest

hehe

You can come clomp me all you want. I'm fairly easy right now, and have almost no offensive skills besides my fragrant body odder.

I must saddly admit that the days of the Shaddowclan orcs are in the past. Most of us have moved on and gone on to other things. As most of you can see, the old orc clearing is pretty much down to the keep. I have promissed to keep it up and did for many years, just moving about its halls. Its open to the public, now. Mug pointed out to me that it was private. We have alot on display from about 5+ years ago. And, we have some rares that you will not see anywhere that I know of.

So, why did I choose to come back? Well, bordome of the other games. I played SWG for a long time, then LOTRO. But, they just don't do anything for me anymore. Whenever I am in the Keep, I see the names on the items and remember the orcs who created them. I still see them post on our boards, that are strangely very active at Shadowclan.org.

I'm trying to learn the KR interface, but its a *****. Things just happen. Circle of transparency needs to be refreshed at every log-in. Now, my mouse is not working properly. But, I like the look. Its different. So, I will try to learn it.

I am back, but on a part time basis. I have a final on Monday and a project due on Thursday. So, what you guys saw tonight was a bit of a rebellion. hehe... When June comes around, I will need to slap my nose back in the books. But, I hope to have a little fun in the mean time.

So, if you come by the keep, I have food I will share with you. And, if you want to clomp me and see what I have in my backpack, you can......try.

If you are nice and have empty bottles, I may give you some potions. I have alot...I mean....alot.

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Real ORCs won't tolerate alliances with the humans and especially the elves. I hope you do it right.

6. Xulgag

Xulgag Guest

I totally understand the sentament, but Mog is working in a different time and era of UO.

One thing an orc does know how to do is survive. An orc is akin to a roach. We will survive. We prefer the company of our own. But, if we have to live in a human settlement to survive, then we will. Orcs are not uncompromizing zelots.

The first thing an orc worries about is his own skin. Once this is secure, then he can ponder how yours would make a nice pair of shoes.

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Hmm Xulgag.. I think I looted an idoc of yours a while back.. nothing on the plot but a runebook, a lantern and an axe. I know the name was Xu.. something. I kept the book for sentiment as I like to keep a trinket from each idoc I loot.. but you can have it back if it was yours. The plot was 7x7ish next to the npc outpost by the orc post.

The place also had a book, "Uruk warz returnz" or something to that effect. I'm busy with a few design projects and don't have the time to look, but let me know I'll have free time in two weeks.

8. Xulgag

Xulgag Guest

Thanks, I'm sure we will meet. I think that must have been Xolgug, not me...Xulgag./smile. I tore down my hut and stored the contents in the Keep when Girm gave it to me.

9. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

*chuckles*
    now I see where Mo gets it. Bring back the orcs

10. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

so- do you have access then I take it, to the old orc fort? Or will you be creating new diggs?

11. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

good luck. If you have need of any behind the scenes help to get it going do not hesitate to ask; being ex-und and orc I also miss what they brought to this shard.

12. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't much, but this one also will donate whatever he has to assist you- in gold or goods, to bring this piece of much needed history back to life.
    If you need anything you think I may have, please pm me.

13. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm just waiting for Revvo and Puffy's [40] trolls.

You know they're coming eventually.

14. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

who cares?

Trolls come and go. I see the orcs are still hanging around, in one form or another. They, in all their stinky glory, seem to have staying power. And, in the end, that seems to count more than many other things.

One of my favorite quotes:
    "first you run as far as you can; then you run as far as you must."

The Orcs, as far as I can see, are still running.....