1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Demise of the Skill house

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by JUSTaJoe, Nov 15, 2007.

1. JUSTaJoe

JUSTaJoe Guest

Got a question, or maybe just a thought. Now that there is Zero payout for Top 100 lots in TC3 and will be the same in EA-Land,whats to become of the skill lot?Most sims I know, including myself,that run skill lots,mainly did it for the payout you would get for having so many sims on your lot. And if not for that goal, to at least help pay for the food you put out. Now No bonus,whats to happen. Charge for the buffett?Who wants to host all those sometimes rude sims for nothing?I'm really excited to see what the outcome will be. As for myself, I suppose now would be the time to open yet another money lot. At least I can earn some off the machines I own,and make my own cash while hosting too. I belive we will see less an less skill lots, or Sims Be PREPARED to pay for your food while there.

Your Thoughts?

2. LMAO

I'm certainly glad some of my sims can 'give cookies' and 'give smoothies'. Guess I might be able to keep my sims from starving with those emotes

....and I might be able to make some money popping into skill houses and offering plates of cookies for sale?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree with you, they have made it so that the only houses worth owning at this point are money lots or stores. Those are the only ones that you can actually earn anything at. I look for all other categories of lots to be fewer and fewer and open much less.

For skill houses, the saddest part is, many of the sims needing to skill, have that whopping $100 to their name and that will go towards food very quickly if buffets are set up to charge. I think it will cause less and less players because there is simply no way to earn a living that is worth the time it takes.

I see no reason to bother hosting to the rude masses when you can't even earn anything while doing so. Bonuses kept skill houses going. Single money objects kept other categories going. They've taken both away. These are just more of the ways in which they are destroying The Sims Online.

And the worst part to me is, when voicing an opinion against what they are doing, you get a reply of "vote with your wallet". So if you don't like it, just quit. Great way to show they care about the community, isn't it.

4. JUSTaJoe

JUSTaJoe Guest

I'm not against what they are doing, I'm all for change. I think I read somewhere anyway that they wanted to move the game away from a skills type thing. Well this could very well be a good way to do that. With the merge most sims will have the needed skills to "Survive". But what about the newbies...lol, poor things may not be able to build skills with no skill lot open, AND the 100 bucks wont feed ya long at one thats charging.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't care about them moving it away from skilling. I find skilling to be totally boring. But... the interactions we get with skills I enjoy having. So unless they can figure out other ways for us to earn the ability to "give cookies" or "serenade" or "lure", for example, then they need to keep skills viable. I vote for speed it up and get rid of decay. Skilling has always been a big part of all Sims games, but then in offline we can fast forward. It's too bad they seem to forget this is a Sims game. And we, the players, are Sims fans. We aren't EA fans, we are Sims fans! How I wish a different company had bought the rights to this game, instead of EA.

I use to go to money lots to earn, before they took away group dynamics. But even then, I would often get tired of the bs in a busy house and opt to go to my own lot and just paint or bash while keeping it open in case anyone wanted to craft. Since they disabled money objects, my house is in limbo. There is no reason for me to bother opening it.

It seems more and more to me that they are creating a "sit and chat" environment, one where there is little else to do except shop, someday in the future, for new things to decorate your house or your sim with. Ya know, like second life, or there, or imvu just to name a few other actually popular virtual chat programs out there, all of which can be played for free, but shopping is gonna cost ya. But keep in mind, those are "chat programs" they are not "games", they have no game to them. Sadly, this one is losing more of it's "game" with every update.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I don't care about them moving it away from skilling. I find skilling to be totally boring. But... the interactions we get with skills I enjoy having. So unless they can figure out other ways for us to earn the ability to "give cookies" or "serenade" or "lure", for example, then they need to keep skills viable. I vote for speed it up and get rid of decay. Skilling has always been a big part of all Sims games, but then in offline we can fast forward. It's too bad they seem to forget this is a Sims game. And we, the players, are Sims fans. We aren't EA fans, we are Sims fans! How I wish a different company had bought the rights to this game, instead of EA.

I use to go to money lots to earn, before they took away group dynamics. But even then, I would often get tired of the bs in a busy house and opt to go to my own lot and just paint or bash while keeping it open in case anyone wanted to craft. Since they disabled money objects, my house is in limbo. There is no reason for me to bother opening it.

It seems more and more to me that they are creating a "sit and chat" environment, one where there is little else to do except shop, someday in the future, for new things to decorate your house or your sim with. Ya know, like second life, or there, or imvu just to name a few other actually popular virtual chat programs out there, all of which can be played for free, but shopping is gonna cost ya. But keep in mind, those are "chat programs" they are not "games", they have no game to them. Sadly, this one is losing more of it's "game" with every update.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I pretty much agree. This is kinda bothersome, cuz I started out extremely skeptical, and then was won over and became enthusiastic of the 'coming' changes.
    But now.... I dunno....
    I'm under no illusions that I know what is going to happen, and will stick to my guns about waiting to see what the game will be like, but the skeptic in me is starting to rise again, and the kind words are beginning to sour in my mouth.

I hope I'm wrong.

7. Be prepared for alot of changes once EALand, and the proposed changes, come into play. Skilling will change the way we've known it for 5 years, therefore this will change how skill lots operate, etc. We'll have to wait and see once all the changes emerge... [​IMG]

8. NightFlyer

NightFlyer Guest

If they would actually tell us what they plan for the future of EA Land (no longer TSO) it might make things easier for us old timers to accept the changes.

As of now I am still in the dark as to what all these fun and exciting changes are supposed to be as the devs are quite vague and evasive when asked point blank to tell us. CC is not the be all to end all IMHO.

I truely want to love the new game as I once did TSO but as of now what this new game will play like is a mystery.

Adding FB while taking away so much else isn't cutting it for me.

I see no incentive thus far to open a skill house in EA Land. I doubt I am alone in this. With few skills houses how will sims get the skills to make any money? (It is hard enough now to even find places with maxed speed.) With no money we are very limited as to what we can do.

And those of you ready to spout "but the subscriber allowance is coming!!!" ... I am not counting on $500 a week divided between all sims on the account to go very far.

I just don't get thier reasoning.

9. Charging for buffets remind me of when TSO first started in Beta. I wouldn't mind actually seeing that return, since you pay to use the buffet in Offline Sims.

Why don't they allow skilling and money making at residential lots? At least we could make our own house, skill, and make a little money like in Offline Sims. I guess they are worried that this would be taken advantage of by "bots". For me, residential lots are just boring and pointless. I can't green or do much at all there.

I think that even after EA Land is released, they are still going to tweak and change things that just aren't working for people.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

If they would actually tell us what they plan for the future of EA Land (no longer TSO) it might make things easier for us old timers to accept the changes.

As of now I am still in the dark as to what all these fun and exciting changes are supposed to be as the devs are quite vague and evasive when asked point blank to tell us. CC is not the be all to end all IMHO.

I truely want to love the new game as I once did TSO but as of now what this new game will play like is a mystery.

Adding FB while taking away so much else isn't cutting it for me.

I see no incentive thus far to open a skill house in EA Land. I doubt I am alone in this. With few skills houses how will sims get the skills to make any money? (It is hard enough now to even find places with maxed speed.) With no money we are very limited as to what we can do.

And those of you ready to spout "but the subscriber allowance is coming!!!" ... I am not counting on $500 a week divided between all sims on the account to go very far.

I just don't get thier reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everyone here, the game is becoming a CHORE more then anything fun. They are taking everything away making it more difficult.

As for custom content and what they're now calling custom content well its hardly that at all.. Adding our on images to signs or backdrops is hardly what i would call custom content and honestly is BORING, but it does keep some die-hards happy. Just goes to show throw a crumb out and someone will think its the greatest thing since "insert whatever here".

I HATE visiting TSO-E.com to read each weeks disasters of what got cut or eliminated or reduced this week and the worst parts is the drones that post there saying "super!", "fantastic!", "great job!", "thank you sir may i have another".....

From the looks of it soon the only option will be to buy simoleans from the game itself because earning them will be, or better siad IS currently pointless, if at all possible. It seems to be heading toward just being an Avatar chat system used to access all of EA's games.

OK now i expect to be berated for having a "different" opinion other then blindingly loving and following each new change with love and open arms. ;-p

11. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
    Agreed.

<blockquote><hr>

I am not counting on $500 a week divided between all sims on the account to go very far.

[/ QUOTE ]
    This is the first I heard it was to be divided - where did you hear that?

12. NightFlyer

NightFlyer Guest

I got the amount and the disbursement directly from a dev in the Community Pub.

13. krazykara

krazykara Guest

I agree with you totally on the residential lot. Why even bother with that anymore. The only thing you can do there is look at it, or hope for a guest or two.
    At least with skilling lots you can still skill. Grant it the weekly bonuse won't be much, but I guess it is better than nothing at all.
    To be honest I don't mind the skilling and never had. The issue I have are people going afk and not staying to chat while skilling. Never understood that. I can understand going afk for quick things like going to the bathroom or grabbing a snack. But to go for long periods of time and expect others to help keep your sim green by serenading. If I remember right during beta, and after it went live, I don't think there were as many people going afk during skilling. People actually stayed and chatted. It wasn't just a couple of people either. Skilling didn't seem as boring then.

14. Generations of players have been born that were specifically taught to go afk while skilling because it is the most boring aspect of the game and seems to take forever to a new player. Newer generations of players learned to expect serenades. I've even had to teach a few they can actually get energy from a bed. LOL.

As I see it...the cost of catering to skill guests just went up. Those that enjoy living and hosting skill houses will find other ways to finance their operations. Top 100 bonus money never covered the cost of being number one skill house with all the free food they had to serve to get there.

In EALand, you will have decisions to make. If you have 1,000 simoleans, do you want to spend that all feeding your guests for free? Or do you want to bank it and add $1 to your account? Will you cash in your simoleans? Or are you willing and ready to keep feeding players for free even if it means giving up real cash savings?

I encourage tip jars and tipping. When you are living off the backs of other players and their food, I believe you should contribute money to their efforts. Tipping from those that can afford it, helps feed the poor who cannot afford it.

15. Another feature bites the dust! Maybe I should start a pool on which one will get the axe next.

With everything from TSO being whittled away one feature at a time, I'm starting to wonder why the devs did not just wait until they had their code and graphics ducks in a row, and simply start a new game. Why go through all this drama? As for myself, I will keep an eye on things ( I am sentimental), but I am sitting out this paid Beta Test until I see where the game is headed. Unfortunately for me, it looks like it is not going to be a "game" at all. I'm not ultra-competitive, but I like having some kind of a game structure to hang all those chats and friendships on.

CherryBomb

16. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Generations of players have been born that were specifically taught to go afk while skilling because it is the most boring aspect of the game and seems to take forever to a new player. Newer generations of players learned to expect serenades. I've even had to teach a few they can actually get energy from a bed. LOL.

As I see it...the cost of catering to skill guests just went up. Those that enjoy living and hosting skill houses will find other ways to finance their operations. Top 100 bonus money never covered the cost of being number one skill house with all the free food they had to serve to get there.

In EALand, you will have decisions to make. If you have 1,000 simoleans, do you want to spend that all feeding your guests for free? Or do you want to bank it and add $1 to your account? Will you cash in your simoleans? Or are you willing and ready to keep feeding players for free even if it means giving up real cash savings?

I encourage tip jars and tipping. When you are living off the backs of other players and their food, I believe you should contribute money to their efforts. Tipping from those that can afford it, helps feed the poor who cannot afford it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I have never had a problem with the concept of charging for food - it made perfect sense to me, but the idea of the top 100 lists put lots in competition with each other and made the food a loss leader for those all-important visitor hours. With the demise of the bonuses (and, I presume, the list), and a few other things, maybe the idea of charging for services will become more acceptable.
    Still, the payouts for job objects and wages for jobs needs to be raised, since those appear to be the only means of generating income.

17. The bonuses are gone but the lists remain. Top placement on any list still brings in more visitors than being on the bottom of the list. Players that like full houses and lots of visitors all the time will still strive to be on the top of this list whether they get paid for it or not.

Many players just like being number one no matter what it costs them. If they still want to pay for all the food just to keep a full house, they will do it.

If your property is not on the list, it takes 3 visitors on your lot for you to show up on the map filter. If you are on the list, only one person needs to be home for you to show up on the filter. So staying on the top 100 list still has it's advantages when it comes to people finding your house.

I'd still like to see more search features built into the game. If our numbers reach 10s of thousands, the top 100 list is not going to be enough exposure for everyone to be seen.

18. I been reading the posts and to me TSO is becoming a 2D Second Life for the younger crowd... We will get allowance, able to buy from them, were able to upload images(objects in the future I believe), hard to make money without buying it, and a map of all cities.

I like TSO because you actually have to play if you want to get somewhere in the game. Now its looking like you just hang out. Which most of us did but at least we had to green that kept our attention some what on the game. In SL i can fall right asleep at times. Eh that was my two cents.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The bonuses are gone but the lists remain. Top placement on any list still brings in more visitors than being on the bottom of the list. Players that like full houses and lots of visitors all the time will still strive to be on the top of this list whether they get paid for it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I hate to sound like a Conspiracy Theorist (ok, maybe I like it a little), but this sounds like a pretty good formula for getting these lot owners to buy cash.
    1. No more Top 100 bonus.
    2. Fewer methods of making game cash.
    3. Lowered payouts.
    4. No more job object payouts on non-money lots.
    5. Encouraging the competitive spirit among lot owners, which means free services.
    5. [insert whatever I forgot here]

As far as conspiracy theories go, I know it's no Roswell or JFK assassination, but it's not too bad. [​IMG]

20. Guest

Guest Guest

TSO is becoming a 2D Second Life

You mean "There", don't you? SL allows true custom content creation without censorship. In There, only a limited range of objects can be created and they all need prior approval before being made available for sale/use.

21. I play There.com as well and i see ur point

22. <blockquote><hr>

With everything from TSO being whittled away one feature at a time, I'm starting to wonder why the devs did not just wait until they had their code and graphics ducks in a row, and simply start a new game. Why go through all this drama?

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if at this point the devs wonder this, themselves. [​IMG]

I know there is a cadre of players who will emote hearts no matter what changes come along, but with the direction the changes have taken, and the order which they've been done, I'm sure there is an attrition rate among those players who have lost the aspects of this game that caused them to play.

23. Bindy

Bindy Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The bonuses are gone but the lists remain. Top placement on any list still brings in more visitors than being on the bottom of the list. Players that like full houses and lots of visitors all the time will still strive to be on the top of this list whether they get paid for it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I hate to sound like a Conspiracy Theorist (ok, maybe I like it a little), but this sounds like a pretty good formula for getting these lot owners to buy cash.
    1. No more Top 100 bonus.
    2. Fewer methods of making game cash.
    3. Lowered payouts.
    4. No more job object payouts on non-money lots.
    5. Encouraging the competitive spirit among lot owners, which means free services.
    5. [insert whatever I forgot here]

As far as conspiracy theories go, I know it's no Roswell or JFK assassination, but it's not too bad. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with you on this. Everything Ive seen so far points toward us "having" to buy money in order to play at all. And I say play but really with everything they are taking away from us this game is heading towards becoming a glorified chat room. No skilling, no working for simoleans ( because its not worth the effort anymore), no casinos, etc.

The reason I feel they arent telling us what exactly they are going to do with this game when they are done is because most of us would say to heck with it and leave now. They can keep us here for the time being by not telling us. Now this is just my opinion but it makes some sense at least to me anyway. [​IMG]

24. NightFlyer

NightFlyer Guest

"The reason I feel they arent telling us what exactly they are going to do with this game when they are done is because most of us would say to heck with it and leave now. They can keep us here for the time being by not telling us."

I think you are 118% correct.

25. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

"The reason I feel they arent telling us what exactly they are going to do with this game when they are done is because most of us would say to heck with it and leave now. They can keep us here for the time being by not telling us."

I think you are 118% correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
    ...but if the game goes away.... so do their jobs.

26. Guest

Guest Guest

They wouldn't lose their jobs, they would just move on to a different project. Like they were through the years of neglect TSO received before. And I lay odds they will be again, once they consider their "EA Land" done.

27. On a positive note,

I'm having a blast with the original Offline Sims. At least no one can take those features away from me. [​IMG]

28. Suzi Q

Suzi Q Guest

Totally agree with you regarding the AFK skillers! So annoying and very rude [​IMG]

29. I am afraid that they are turning this game into a big chat room with the ability to buy simoleans for items in game. If they are moving away from skills and skill houses, will we have to buy skill points too? This chat room atmosphere will abandon the TSO base, maybe reach out to a few new members?, but ultimately fail. I hope they use the custom content, sims offline items, and new goals to reach out to new customers and old players. But to move away from TSO is to move away from the paying, loyal, year after year, promise after promise, sims loving base. [​IMG] Makes me sad to think about it.

30. dinaj

dinaj Guest

I totally agree with you cherry and began to feel that way over a month ago.

Sunny Delight, TC3

31. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

With everything from TSO being whittled away one feature at a time, I'm starting to wonder why the devs did not just wait until they had their code and graphics ducks in a row, and simply start a new game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I believe they were headed in that direction, before so many raised holy hell over losing "5 years of hard work".

One of the earlier plans was to create EA Land and have everyone create new avatars, leaving the production cities unfixed and unsupported [like Betaville], for players that did not want to give up their stuff and change their ways.

But so many people complained....violently....about being 'abandoned' and 'forced' to lose their beloved property and rares, in order to play with the new code and possibilities, that they switched to the merged cities idea....and delayed the opening of EA Land by many months, I suspect. [​IMG]

This seems to be another case of 'be careful what you ask for....', because you may end up with a package deal.....including things you did not expect, as well as what you asked for. [​IMG]

32. NightFlyer

NightFlyer Guest

"This seems to be another case of 'be careful what you ask for....', because you may end up with a package deal.....including things you did not expect, as well as what you asked for. "

I am still waiting for the things we asked for.

33. Guest

Guest Guest

Everyone over the last few years, asked for more attention from EA Games and the Dev's....

...now we have it. [​IMG]

34. <blockquote><hr>

"But so many people complained....violently....about being 'abandoned' and 'forced' to lose their beloved property and rares, in order to play with the new code and possibilities, that they switched to the merged cities idea....and delayed the opening of EA Land by many months, I suspect."

[/ QUOTE ]

Good grief, of course players complained. Five years of game investment, five years of sticking with a game -- some players logged in every single day. If all I wanted was new code and new possibilities I could purchase any number of online games with better track records than EA and start fresh.

There was a reason players loved TSO and stuck with it despite stagnation. It appears that the impetus to turn out a "new" game has superceded any intent to build an "improved" TSO. Dumping players who hoped for an improved TSO into a new game with their five year's of game objects is not exactly what was lobbied.

I don't think it is a matter of "be careful what you ask for," but more a matter of "be careful what you believe."

35. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

"This seems to be another case of 'be careful what you ask for....', because you may end up with a package deal.....including things you did not expect, as well as what you asked for. "

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, it wasn't "attention from the devs" I saw everyone asking for, it was better customer service; it was new objects; new content; a wipe of the exploit money, not all money (which was never done).. oh what's the use.

Just because the game didn't officially die last summer is NOT enough to make me happy. I feel like the opening of EA Land will be like throwing that last shovel of dirt on the old game I loved, The Sims Online. It's been a very long funeral, and I am quite tired of the whole ordeal. Any one here foolish enough to believe we'd have been allowed to continue to play in those old cities after EA Land was created, well you are just fooling yourself. If that was truly the case, they would allow BV to continue as is. I bet a hell of a lot more people would end up playing there too once it's all said and done.

I think any of you who have "gone with the flow" and consider those of us trouble makers who tried to save some of TSO, should delete those old sims now. You wanted to start over, it's your choice. Go ahead, you don't need those old sims moving into TC3 or for playing with in EA Land. You don't need any of your objects, I'm sure you will get your gifts again because of the amnesty thing, and I'm sure some year you'll have locks to match your account age cause the devs said so, so go ahead, retire those old sims, you want a whole new game, go for it. Retire them so you get the full effect of the new game you are so happy they are making.

As for me, the ONLY reason I am still here at this point in time, is because they gave in on a few issues. I will wait it out, till that last shovel of dirt is thrown. If there is still nothing returned I want, or anything new to replace what they have taken, I am outta here.

36. NightFlyer

NightFlyer Guest

*applauds* Well said.

I believe there are many more of us that feel the same way but just don't voice it here.

37. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, it wasn't "attention from the devs" I saw everyone asking for, it was better customer service; it was new objects; new content; a wipe of the exploit money, not all money (which was never done).. oh what's the use.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the way it started, but after a year or two of nothing, then it became a general "just let us know you are there".

38. <blockquote><hr>

That's the way it started, but after a year or two of nothing, then it became a general "just let us know you are there".

[/ QUOTE ]

And then the answer was, "We are here. Come into our parlor..." [​IMG]

39. Keep It Real

Keep It Real Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And then the answer was, "We are here. Come into our parlor..." [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

"here drink this kool-ade", "everything will be all better soon". You just have to see the "big picture (on a stick)"

Thats why I had revisted the thread that started it all here on stratics, to see where those idea's that have been put into the game came from, I never found them.

I don't think the intention to make the game better by "fixing the economy" was for the players as we were led to beleive, it was all about a game to compete with SL earnings. I sure hope (for the sake of whats left of TSO) that some new content is added soon that resembles our old style of gameplay,( and NO, a chair is no longer going to cut it). TAKE TAKE TAKE has gotten real old. What about all those great idea's on the Wiki, on TSO-e.com and the pages upon pages of idea's here on stratics?

THE END IS NEAR!................... or has it already gotten here?

I doubt very many people will advertise whats left of TSO now, I think more people will tell others NOT to bother with this "new game".

You can lead a horse to water..................but you can't make it advertise for you......

40. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Same here, it wasn't "attention from the dev's" I saw everyone asking for, it was better customer service; it was new objects; new content; a wipe of the exploit money, not all money (which was never done).. oh what's the use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which can all be summarized &amp; lumped under the phrase "attention from EA Games and the Dev's". It may not be exactly the attention each individual thought their rants would bring, but we got their attention, none the less. As I said....be careful of what you ask for, it usually comes with prepackaged accessories, and one size fits most.....[​IMG]

<blockquote><hr>

Any one here foolish enough to believe we'd have been allowed to continue to play in those old cities after EA Land was created, well you are just fooling yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
    After spending months representing the Dev's &amp; EA Games, as liars &amp; self-serving con artists/swindlers.......and anyone that posts anything hopeful of the future, as deluded fools.....all the while, consistantly claiming, to be unable to believe much of anything the Dev's say and putting your own bitter spin on everything aspect of the changes, then I ask you.....

who are the bigger fools....

the players that stay with hope of better future, or the ones that stay with no hope or belief in any good outcome? [​IMG]

<blockquote><hr>

If that was truly the case, they would allow BV to continue as is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not after the residents of BV called foul and raised an outcry for equity, with the rest of the game. Can't really fault them, they want to keep their stuff, too, and it worked so well for the production cities and TC. [​IMG]

41. <blockquote><hr>

the players that stay with hope of better future, or the ones that stay with no hope or belief in any good outcome?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you are saying we are all fools, just some are more gullible.

I wouldn't say any one is a fool. I do think a case can be made that we were all fooled. Time is the only arbiter as to the extent.

42. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, Gilly, I am a fool to try and save some of the game I have spent way too much of the past 5 years enjoying. Yes I am a fool, but ya know what, when it's all said and done, I will still be proud of the fact that I didn't "go with the flow" and I'll be proud of the fact that when people say they really miss something in the old TSO, I'd had the nerve to try and save it. You can be proud you cheered on all the losses we've taken, pat yourself on the back, you've done a great job of saving our game.

43. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Which can all be summarized &amp; lumped under the phrase "attention from EA Games and the Dev's". It may not be exactly the attention each individual thought their rants would bring, but we got their attention, none the less. As I said....be careful of what you ask for, it usually comes with prepackaged accessories, and one size fits most.....[​IMG]

<blockquote><hr>

Any one here foolish enough to believe we'd have been allowed to continue to play in those old cities after EA Land was created, well you are just fooling yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
    After spending months representing the Dev's &amp; EA Games, as liars &amp; self-serving con artists/swindlers.......and anyone that posts anything hopeful of the future, as deluded fools.....all the while, consistantly claiming, to be unable to believe much of anything the Dev's say and putting your own bitter spin on everything aspect of the changes, then I ask you.....

the players that stay with hope of better future, or the ones that stay with no hope or belief in any good outcome?

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt the need to quote more of Gilly's post as I think just that one snippet quoted above is a misrepresentation of what she was trying to get across.

I bolded what I thought was the most important part of Gilly's post. The fact that with or without changes the game we all knew and some of you still loved was gone.

It is now everyone’s personal option to continue with this new game or cancel their accounts. As it was everyone’s personal option to cancel a game that they were unhappy with over the past 4 years. TSO lost tens of thousands of players over the past 3-4 years. So the game that you love that you played was not a game that had made profit, which means it is not an game worth salvaging. I don't see what is so hard to understand. I think if you ask any TSO Player current or former if they'd play the game that they logged into 4 years ago, they'd say yes. So much fun was had and memories made. but that newness can not last for ever.

And that don't pay the bills.

I am happy about the future of this game and the changes taking place. If that makes me a fool... cool. I've been called way worse.

44. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt the need to quote more of Gilly's post as I think just that one snippet quoted above is a misrepresentation of what she was trying to get across.

I bolded what I thought was the most important part of Gilly's post. The fact that with or without changes the game we all knew and some of you still loved was gone.

It is now everyone’s personal option to continue with this new game or cancel their accounts. As it was everyone’s personal option to cancel a game that they were unhappy with over the past 4 years. TSO lost tens of thousands of players over the past 3-4 years. So the game that you love that you played was not a game that had made profit, which means it is not an game worth salvaging. I don't see what is so hard to understand. I think if you ask any TSO Player current or former if they'd play the game that they logged into 4 years ago, they'd say yes. So much fun was had and memories made. but that newness can not last for ever.

I am happy about the future of this game and the changes taking place. If that makes me a fool... cool. I've been called way worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
    ... um... actually, you are quoting Gilly's quote of CG.

45. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] Good catch, Donavan.

LOL. You be so brane!

46. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See what happens when you don't read the whole thread! I'll have to admit the past few months I skim and reply. I guess that quote was taken out of context too... I read it to mean "enough beating that sacred dead horse and wasting your time being silly about the old cities...Its foolish"

It's sink or swim people [​IMG]

My bad *giggles*

47. Do you think there is any way they would reconsider top 100 bonuses? Petition anyone? lol. If skilling is to stay (which I hope it is, as boring as it can be sometimes), skill houses will be no source of income for the owner.

500 between sims is stretched a bit thin and not everyone will be able to buy simoleans. Will the only ones with big successful houses with all the best furnishings be the ones that are rich enough to afford to trade real money for fake money?

I am getting really scared about this whole thing. I don't want anything major to change except for the merge and a name change to EALand. Give us the rest of the stuff from offline sims and let us roll with it. Someone please soothe my fears!

Scared Spacey

48. Guest

Guest Guest

((Spacey))

Getting to the top of the list is easy, falling off is hard. They say had to go. So I doubt they will be bringing back the bonuses. Theres a good article on the wiki about leaderboards, I'd really like to see that implemented. Sims like goals.

Per Sarah good news now with tomorrows update on prices but I wont spoil the surprise for everyone. [​IMG]

I dont see skilling going away anytime soon. At least not til they find us a "game" to replace it. As long as sims need skills, skill houses will open up. I would like to see charging for food, no reason why we shouldnt pay for services. However anyone with a campfire can eat for free with 8 of their friends. [​IMG] Dont worry it will be different but not so different that we cant recognize the game anymore, at least in my opinion.

49. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See what happens when you don't read the whole thread! I'll have to admit the past few months I skim and reply. I guess that quote was taken out of context too... I read it to mean "enough beating that sacred dead horse and wasting your time being silly about the old cities...Its foolish"

It's sink or swim people [​IMG]

My bad *giggles*

[/ QUOTE ]
    No worries.
    If we all had to take a pie in the face for those kinds of mistakes.... I would be near the front of the line.
    [​IMG]

50. Guest

Guest Guest

TTL

Seems this is the thread this should go in, so here goes.

I decided to skill sims in TC3 recently, because I fear skill houses will give it up in time. I had a really hard time finding body most of the time, so I offered to move into one house so that I would have a place to skill. The owner was happy to have a roomate that actually helps, most are unskilled, off to work, no shows. After a few days of helping to host that house, while my other sim skilled, I must say, there is no way I would ever run a skill house under these conditions. I have spent far more on feeding sims and calling the repairman than I have come close to collecting in my little tip jar. And yes, I was a good host, I cooked for them, I kept them full of energy and social, trouble is, most players just don't bother tipping ---&gt; . I saw so many landing from a sim job, green up, skill a bit, green up, and off to work they went again. Now I have no idea who has been in TC3 telling all the newbies that a sim job is the thing to do first but it sure seems someone has. The game play there is like an entire foreign version of the TSO I loved. I have done sim jobs, I know they don't pay much. They certainly don't get you far with no skills, and few friend links, yet these poor new players are thinking they have to go to work. They don't seem to be having much fun, work work work... and I didn't see any of them saying they were enjoying it. I just want to say Shame on YOU to whoever is feeding them with "get a job" so early in their sim days. I can't imagine this way of playing making them want to become subscribers.