1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Dev's should make an "Old School" shard

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ShaunOfPac, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaunOfPac

ShaunOfPac Guest

One with the T2A ruleset and only one "facet", just like it was prior to the introduction of trammel with the UO:R expansion. In order to access it, your account must be created prior to the introduction of UO:R. I know hundreds of people who play on free shards now that would return if OSI made a T2A shard.

How hard is it to load up one shard with only T2A ruleset? Hell, I still have my T2A disk.

2. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

I think they should make a Felucca only shard with a normal ruleset and let people transfer to and from it.

I hate the way Siege is.

3. ShaunOfPac

ShaunOfPac Guest

No, I want them to get rid of everything AoS introduced. Insuring items, skills above 100.0, solely item based PvP. It destroyed the game mechanics of PvP, where it took actual skill and strategy to succeed, not being loaded up with a ****load of "l33t" items.

And NO characters should be able to be transferred, it will be a whole new world where people would need to work up from scratch. Revert back to the old skill gaining system, power hour and all.

4. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

this is what free shards are for. and yes they are populated.

5. Radun

Radun Guest

this is never going to happen. the devs have said there's been too much progress made in the service to revert back to ancient code. i think they actually may not even have the old code to do this. it would also put more burden on the dev team, as they would have an extra whole ruleset to be constantly bug fixing.

6. Radun

Radun Guest

come ON. everybody here knows there's no such thing as a free shard!

7. How hard is it to understand that EA reps - even prior to Jeremy and crew - have stated it will not be happening. Period.

8. Tek

Tek Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I doubt many freeshard players would return to pay for something they do now get for free.

9. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No retro shard discussions, please - it must be still somewhere in the FAQ.
    And sigh image height limit is 125 pixels.
    Kthx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.