1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

the Doom point system - explanation requested

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Valerin, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Valerin

Valerin Guest

just coming back from long break, before the new doom point system , and just curious how it works. How many points do you need to get an arty, and how many dfs/monsters = how many points, etc. Is there a way to check how many points you have?

2. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

more kills - more points
    more points - better chance

its like ToT system

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Each time a Doom MOB dies - there is a chance for an arti to drop. This chance is increased by the luck of the top damager.

Over time, if luck is never with you and you never get a drop, you will also total up "points" with each kill. There is no magic number that says "If you achieve this it is an automatic arti drop".

Instead, each additional kill "point" slightly increases the chance of an arti drop - but it will never reach a 100% chance.

Once you get an Arti (based on luck or on the point system pushing it), the points reset and you start over again.

4. Valerin

Valerin Guest

is it better to drop party or keep party if youre 2manning it?

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I've never understood how the party affects it - especially the luck factor. I'm not sure anyone really knows the answer to that one.

6. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

My guess is that all the points you get from the boss get added together and distributed evenly between party members with both players still having their own 'point pool'.

I guess luck works so that the player who did the most damage has their luck applied to loot / drop rate.

7. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Say for instance your party kills 1 DF, it has say 100'000 HP so your party gets 100'000 points shared between you all, if you stay in party you get 50'000 each [with 2 people]. BUT if one person does all the damage and takes all 100'000 hp from the DF while your say healing them, then its best for them to drop party at the last minuite, share the 99'000 between you both and claim the last 1000 hp for them self. Thus meaning they have 1000 more than you so if an arti is going to drop it will drop to them before you, but there points will reset once recieved an arti so your garanteed to be next.

I always looked at party points [same as when doing peerless] as lost points as everyone shares them, as soon as you drop party those points are lost and who ever does the most from then untill the boss is dead earns the most points.

I say this as way back when ML came out and we had random groups doing peerless it was easy for an archer, after party was dropped to do sufficient damage to prevent anyone else from looting the corpse as they earned all the points and got sole looting rights [this was when you could do 400 dmg a second, hence why they nurfed archery back then and introduced the dex cap and ssi cap].

Thunderz

8. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

In Doom, being in a party has no effect on the points you get, it's all individually based.

It is the individuals luck- luck increases your chances of getting a drop.

Example-
    Each mob is worth X points. When people do damage to a mob, the top 20 people get points. The points are divided out to the top damagers. The more damage you do, the more points you get.

Your luck increases your chance to get a drop.

Example-
    You have 3000 points which equates to a 30% chance for a drop (I am completely making up these numbers) and you have 2000 luck. 2000 luck is a 68% chance to get a bump, so, lets say it increases your chance to get a drop by 68%, making your chance to get a drop 50.4% (30% * 1.68).

Just to repeat, I completely made up those numbers to illustrate an example to show in general it works.