1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

The dreaded 7th skill.... (Template advice)

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Ibram Vale, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Ibram Vale

Ibram Vale Guest

Well, I'm rebuilding my caster character finally, after a long break from UO. After sitting down for a session with Ye Olde Pen and Parchment (with ample doses of alcohol, naturally), I settled on a few builds, and can't decide. Lend me a hand, will you?

These are the basics- Mage, Med, Eval, Resist. The 4 basic foodgroups of any mage.

These are the toys- Necro, Spellweave, Spirit, Imbuing, mysticisn, poison

And here's the mystery- How to combine them.

The kicker is, I don't want to train the "toy" skills twice, so will be creating two mages. Here's what I came up with

115 magery
    110 eval
    100 resist
    85 Necro (105 with M. Bracers)
    110 spirit
    90 poisoning
    110 meditation

Now, is there any reason to go ahead and train to 105 real necro rather than use the bracers? Any improvements? The old Poison equation still works, right? Mage+Poison=200 for LP?

The second mage would go something like this (not hard numbers)

I see no reason why it won't work, do you? What numbers do you suggest?
  2. Quenchant

Quenchant Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend 4H

Jul 12, 2004
    Yes, the forumula still works. Means you could save 5 points on poisoning to distribute somewhere else.

No reason not to use the bracers, no difference in real skill as long as you keep them on.

Just as a minor detail, mages can't cast LP (lvl 5). If you Poisoning + Magery = 200 or more, you will cast Deadly Poison (lvl 4) in all your fields and your poison spell if you are within 2 tiles of your target.

3. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Feb 21, 2008
    Necromages can cast Lethal poison IF you evil omen your victim first.