1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Dreaded Template Advise Thread (Archer)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Priam_Sonoma, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Priam_Sonoma

Priam_Sonoma Guest

If we had profession forums *cough* I would have posted this there. I have been out of the game for about 5 years and I am trying to build a competitive PvE Archer. PvE. PvE.

I am currently running with a sub-par resist suit.

70 Phys, 56 Fire, 43 Cold, 60 Poison, 63 Energy.

This is something that I am working on right now. An all 70's suit is on the way.

Right now I have the following Skills/Stats.

Anatomy: 110 (locked)
    Archery: 118.9/120
    Chivalry: 80 (locked)
    Focus: 90 (locked)
    Healing 87.7/100
    Hiding: 49.7 (dunno what I am going to do w/this)
    Resisting Spells: 71.0/110 (scrolled to 110)
    Tactics: 110 (locked)

124 Str (114 Hps)
    111 Dex
    40 Int

As you can see I need some work. I was wondering what to keep and drop. I am hearing drop Resist because of the 70 resist suits. Also does Focus/Chiv need to be higher?

Finally, can anyone suggest a bow or x-bow I should be looking for/ using. I am using the Windsong bow atm.

Thanks for any help, Priam

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

first thing I would do is build into your suit more dex/stamina i wouldd say 150 dex and as much stamina as you can get also as much mana increase/regen as you can build in chiv is fin where its at I would lose focus and maybe go bushido also take tactics to 120 as for resist it does come in handy for para but at gm resist i still get poisoned all the time and paraed but not for long I am thinking on stoning resist for a while and replace with something else just to see how it works
    as for a bow I carry 3 on me at all times atleast a good mana leech a good stamina leech and one with a combo of some sort usualy includes stamina leech I seem to always be low on stamina if you can find one with hld man/stamina leech and good di and ssi grab it
    anyway just my thoughts alot depends on how you plan your suit as to what to look for in the bow and jewels

3. jack flash

jack flash Guest

i concur

i would lose focus and add to the healing too, more healing the faser u heal, so if u r poisoned in aobut 2/3 sec u can cure then slap on the bandies

at least 100 id say

and yes bush for the handy honour and lightning strike,

but as mentioned, mana is a real prob

get the dex up to speed up a slower box

look for a good fast bow with good mods
    anf expect to pay big bucks, cos everyone elso on archers online is looking for it :thumbsup:

4. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Bes template iv found so far is:-

120 anat
    120 tact
    120 archer
    120 focus (mr)
    90 healing
    75 bush
    75 chiv

the bush and chiv are enough for casting everything you need
    90 healing is enough and
    but the 120 focus for MR and a sweet magical shortbow (for speed)with:-

42% lighting (or any spell)
    34%mana
    38% LD
    35%SSI
    43%DI

or go for a slower wep with more of everything but this bow and template does me doing 69-90 dmg + 23-28 hit spell to this new mellisa every 1.5 seconds

hope this helps

5. Revenant2

Revenant2 Guest

Wonderful PVM template outline (intended on a blue):

120 archery (feel free to use Hunters Headdress)
    100+ tactics
    100+ anatomy
    around 100 healing if not 100.0 (you NEVER fail cure at 100.0 heal and anat)
    75 Chivalry <-- never fail divine fury, can Enemy Of One in a few tries
    90+ Bushido
    Add some: focus, or med if you work in all medable gear, or magic resist, or some of each, depending on what you like.

Build the gear for HCI and DI, generally no need for DCI, just never let monsters stand where they can hit you, move away from them or around them.

With the Bushido, you can honor the monster and then as you hit it, you get "Perfection" damage bonus with each consecutive non-missed shot. That damage stacks up way way high. Lighting Strike + perfection damage bonus + enemy of one + gear-based DI + everything else - - - the damage can really be way out there.

You don't need like 150 stam/dex on a PVM archer IMO, although it's nice if you can build for it. Take the dex to either 120 or above, or 140, don't sit at like 118 or something because you see a boost to your bandie speed at 120 and 140 (best of my memory - someone correct me if I'm wrong). You don't need much mana for sure, just use medium-speed mana-leech bows (such as composites with 30-40 SSI). High str/hp is nice, monsters can hit hard.

6. Priam_Sonoma

Priam_Sonoma Guest

Thank you guys for the info. Bushido is something I know nothing about so I will have to read up on it. The main thing now is the 70 resist suit. Archery should naturally max with normal play soon. Thanks again.

7. kentuckyjoe

kentuckyjoe Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I run:
    120 archery
    120 tactics
    100 heal
    100 anat
    100 resist
    100 med
    80 chiv

I do great in PvP because I run in groups because its impossible to kill most of the people out there now with all there "enhancements".

Also, this works great for PvM.

My suit is all 70's, 45hci, 10mr, 40lmc...110 str 143 dex 77 mana.