1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

The Emperor's in the Pigsty, and the Geisha's in the Shack....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Prince Caspian, Jun 25, 2009.

1. *props to anyone who can tell me where the title is from*

Ok, it's going over my head. Why was Utamara removed as an Ancient Urn name? How is it offensive?

Please enlighten me, who has an altar-boy-like niavete, obviously.
  2. A Shogun Named Marcus Lyrics as for the other sorry no clue myself
  3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aug 21, 2000
  4. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    Someone on the boards explained it before a couple of years back, before the board crash. But I can't remember... I have this impression that it was offensive in a different language (a language other than Japanese). Not sure if that came from actual memory or inferred memory (where you can't remember it exactly and your mind try to fill in the blanks)...
  5. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 26, 2008
    The only referrences I can find to Utamara online are to the japanese name (it's male, the most famous example seems to be a painter), and to some women's rights group (http://utamara.org/index.php?lang=en&newlang=english).

Can't actually seem to find an offensive context for it.
  6. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

A little research, and it's turning out to be one of those days.
    Utamara seemingly translates (or can translate) to "singing penis".
    Uta being song, mara being... Yeah...
  7. Sing a song of six-pence, pock-et full of rye...
    Four-and-twenty black-birds, baked in a pie...!