In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.
Discussion in 'UHall' started by hawkeye_pike, Jul 14, 2008.
"safety in numbers" is a rebus from the room in which you need to say it. If you stand facing the door you want to exit through and look to your left, there's the casket and the plaque is on the wall next to it. It's something like 1234safety5678.
"Futile" is on a piece of sheet music in the room in which you need to say it. When you first go into that room, there's a cluster of benches and music stands to your left.
methinks u need a gm stealther then to find the clues in the very busy busy monster filled rooms....but thatsnks for letting us know were the clues were from...there are far too many peeps doing the quest with every char they got without knowing how it is really achieved¬!!
Or to be dead, as I usually was. My stealther died too, in the instant when she was visible after saying a password. The one flaw in this otherwise magnificent quest was that the monsters in this dungeon were too numerous/strong for the average group to get through alive.
I made it through on most of my characters without dying, solo... it almost seems that the more people moving through, the more likely people will die.
a couple of the characters were only half-trained - one's highest skill (other than focus or med) was 76.5 Anatomy!
here's a trick for making it through alive (in 2D, using a normal, desktop, keyboard)....
1. before going up the steps to the undead area... type "safety in numbers" and hit enter. This puts it into your Queue of previous statements.
2. pretype "painless operation", but don't hit enter until you are ready. Put your left thumb on CTRL and a finger on "Q". set your mouse to where you can hit the "Enter" on the Number pad with your mouse thumb.
3. When you hit the number pad "enter" key with your right thumb to say "painless operation", start running to the other door with your mouse, while using your left hand (already prepositioned on CTRL & Q) to hit CTRL-Q twice. This brings up "Safety in Numbers". hit enter as you reach the door - you're through.
4. Now, before going upstairs, heal up and type "Futile".
5. Run upstairs, open door, run to the next door and hit enter to transmit the password. I've actually done this so quickly as to avoid getting hit by the demonkind....
6. Heal, if necessary, type "concerto" without hitting enter, then run up, through door to the East door, and hit enter.
7. If you do this right, you'll avoid all combat without having to use anything other than healing spells (sometimes the undead will manage to get a revenant on you which you'll have to dispel or beat down before continuing). Finish the quest and go on, secure that you ran the guantlet without taking the coward's way of doing the quest as a ghost intentionally.
What is all this in reference to? The only new quest chain I'd heard of was the assassination of the council.
Using a G11 keyboard, I have a cluster of 6 G-keys set up to say the passwords, and one for a UO "OpenDoor" macro.
Invoke Honour, or some other means to avoid insta-death (being dead is a possible solution), and you can make the run through from 'masteropenthydoor' to 'concerto' in under a minute.
All other things aside, don't take anything you can't afford to lose.
Yes which quest,......this thread seems like the middle of a conversation.
I'm glad that it wasn't just me that got that feeling.
This part is the climax of the original 'council murder' quest. Basically all the clues from the murder at the castle will eventually lead to this part. As for the pass words, I just set them on macros. I put both of the first rooms passwords on the same macro key stroke, so that I pushed the same button to get in to the room as to get out of the room(I was in KR).
I made a one key macro that said the first four passwords, and then another that made the 5th one. Only two keys, no big deal. Don't make it too difficult lol.
That still makes no sense. I thought finding Melissa was the culmination of the council murder quest. Where does all this music stuff come in? To clarify things a bit, the part I'm familiar with are the guard just inside the Brit castle doors that you tell you "wish to assist", then go to the murder scene, use Forensic Eval to get the note, then follow the chain until you end up at Wisp Dungeon with Melissa.
Part of the chain involves going to Brians farmhouse, which then sends you through brit sewers for one clue, then out to bog for another, then on to minoc pass for another, then to moonglow for another, then to Yriggor dungeon where you eventually talk to Casca, who sends you to Avery for your first 25k points ticket. Avery then sends you to wisp dungeon for the last few parts, then you kill Melissa for another 25k points ticket and cloak.
I've gotten it figured out now. I'm assuming that this quest chain can only be done once per character right? I hadn't even tried to do it more than that.
Yes, though it isn't necessary (unless you particularly want the boxes/scrolls or some part of it). You can skip straight to Casca/Avery for the first ticket and straight to Melissa for the second ticket and cloak.
I personally have 5 chars out of 6 that can do it (one red) & got 5 cloaks, 250k points, 2 boxes plus contents, 1 bloodied parchment and 1 soaked parchment (or w/e it was called). Though thats just me, I like to try and get a full set of items from any quest.
Oh and it's been said a few places but be careful with your cloak, they can be double clicked and used as one charge of powder of fort and it destroys the cloak. Their working on a fix but it won't affect existing ones.
Are you saying that yes, we can do the quest over again and get another 25k ticket, or am I misreading this?
Your misreading it.
Each character can get a maximum of 50k points and one cloak.
What I meant by 'it isn't necessary' was that it isn't necessary to do the WHOLE quest chain on each character from start to finish. You can (unless you wan't those first few items - scrolls/box) skip straight to Casca/Avery for ticket one, then straight to Melissa for ticket two & the cloak.
I think u guys are mistakingly calling Ulrich ...Avery. The guy you turn the scroll or parchment or whatever you get from the prisoner in to is named Ulrich at the Warriors Guild in Brit.
Hehe, i remember getting stuck on the tree part of this event, I didnt realise that there was simply a word somewhere so i spent ages coming up with ideas, i ended up with: Concert (music sheets), Tree and dead (ghost) - All coming together to make the word Concentrated (concerttreedead). xD
Ah yeah very probably.