1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Evolution of my ABC Archer

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Antony, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Antony

Antony Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I've been doing ALLOT of reading and searching lately .... and even made some posts.

I've been converting my Archer (non Bushido) into an ABC Archer

Well as of right now here's where I am ...

Archery .... 120
    Bushido .... 120
    Tactics .... 108
    Anatomy ... 107
    Healing .... 100
    Magic Resistance .... 90
    Chivalry .... 75

I already have AND have decided to use these ....

Mace and Shield Reading Glasses
    Crimson Cincture
    Conjurer's Trinket
    Stormgrip
    Conjurer's Garb

I'm crafting and imbuing my Jewelry, Leather Tunic, Leather Gorget, Leather Arms, and Leather Leggings .....

I have a Rune Beetle Carapace but I didn't like the way that it matched up with the Stormgrips .... both of those are real low in Fire Resist and Poison Resist ... My crafted/imbued Tunic has 6/18/10/17/10 (compliments the stormgrip) Mana Increase 8, Mana Regen 2, and LMC 8 (pretty close to the RBC) I'll make up the rest PLUS more on the other pieces of leather.

My Jewelry looks like this

Ring ... DI 25, Dex +8, LMC 8, Tactics +12, whatever is left goes to HCI
    Bracelet ... DI 25, Dex +8, LMC 8, Anatomy +13, again whatever is left goes to HCI

The adders on the Jewelry will put both Anatomy and Tactics at 120

I'm still working on what will fit on the remaining leather armor ... I tend to imbue two resists after hand picking a bunch of pieces that come in pretty close to 10, 10, 10 in the remaining 3 ... I also only imbue those two +14 to leave a little room for other imbuing ....

I'm hoping to finish up by the end of the week ..... NEXT big project is learning how to PVM with him.

Got a question .... I'm seriously thinking about changing his race from human to elf .... mainly for the +20 Mana .... any thoughts on that?

I also think I'll be asking for some advice as to what mods go on the armor

As always ... Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Wow, looks like you're set. Very nice set up.

My ABC archer is an elf, but then, many of my toons are elves. I like elves; many people do not.

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I also like using elf characters for my ABC Archer. I find mana is a limiting factor for my ABC Archer and, for that reason, I really like having the extra 20 mana.

I also have the same problem with the RBC and the stormgrip. On my main shard, I use both, but I have been constantly upgrading his suit over the last year. On my cross shard ABC Archers (I have 2), I usually use the Stormgrip for the DI and usually drop the RBC for a chest piece with MR2/Stamina Increase/HP increase. Lightning strike takes 5 mana so with 20 LMC I can get it down to 4. I usually can get just over 20 LMC on the suit. I'm never going to get to 40 LMC (even with the RBC) and keep the suit's resists tight so I think you're going the right route. But don't ditch that RBC... you never know when you'll stumble upon the right pieces and you can make use of it. Who knows when ToT4 will come.

Happy hunting!

-OBSIDIAN-

4. If you work the suit right, there's no reason not to use the RBC. There is no other chest in the game that can even come close to it. MR 3, LMC 15, and MI 10 is like having 2 pieces of armor worth of stats on a single piece. Poison is tough to make up, but the fire is really easy. If you're imbuing the crafted pieces of the suit, plus the jewels, it should be fairly simple to have a near all 70's suit. I wouldn't give up on it yet.

Oh, and definitely elf for the extra mana.

5. Antony

Antony Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Mr Connor_Graham,

All I can say is "YOU DA MAN" .... by you asking why I couldn't use the RBC made me go back and look a little closer at things ..... and the fact that you said "If you're imbuing the crafted pieces of the suit, plus the jewels, it should be fairly simple to have a near all 70's suit. I wouldn't give up on it yet." ..... so I didn't give up yet .... and what did I realize .... I had completely overlooked the fact that I can add resists to my Jewelry. I have a small part left on each piece that will allow me to put 9 points for one resist and 10 for a second .... I am IN LIKE FLINT.

So, to make a long story short .... the RBC is back "IN PLAN"

Thanks ....... :mf_prop:

6. Cool deal. Happy to help.