1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Experimental Room

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RaDian FlGith, Sep 28, 2009.

1. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Seeing that questions about the Experimental Room keep popping up, I thought it would be a good idea to gather all the information together in one nice, easy to find place.

I plan to add the various prizes sometime in the near future (of course, there's still two prizes I haven't seen yet, so...).

2. Thank you!

3. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

WoW... really nice work!

Can you name a few of the prices? Is it worth doing? Can it be done with all your chars once a day like the puzzle?

Thanks

4. RaDian FlGith

It's been updated with a small note regarding the frequency with which you can do it (once per 24 hours), and also the complete reward list with pictures.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Wow! Awesome job Ra.... I see you now know what exactly all the rewards are... that's cool.

6. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thats an awesome walkthrough, but you missed a couple things.

You can teleport onto the ledge by the steps instead of having to walk by the acid slugs. Any lag and I know I am slug dinner, so I teleport instead of trying to skirt around them.

When you're a GM lockpicker you have a cheat for both the directional puzzle and the mastermind puzzle. The directional one you get a button that will show you the path one step at a time (though you can still fail and get shocked.) A little green dot will show the next step on the map when you are successful:

[​IMG]

You still have to move the pad to get to the green dot. For the master mind puzzle the GM lockpicker gets one correct color/correct slot and then three more correct colors:

[​IMG]

Since you can do this puzzle every two hours and the gems aren't timed or are no drop, I take my lockpicker and stock up on gems for my other characters to use. It's much faster just doing it on them and swapping out.

7. RaDian FlGith

Awesome to know, Sarsmi!!! I'd heard rumors that GM Lockpicking helped with solving them, but didn't know for certain. I'll get that information added there in a few minutes. Thanks so much!

8. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You can grab those pics I took if you want and reuse them, and I do not need credit. GM lockpicking really saves a lot of time when you're doing those puzzles. :)

9. RaDian FlGith

I went back to that old thread where the OP had confused the two puzzles and determined -- incorrectly -- that all the rewards drop from the colored room and the hallway. The ringmail tunic and the easel are the only two on there that I've not seen, and given that we've all done the hallway many times now, I made the logical deduction that they had to be the final two from the colored room. :)

10. RaDian FlGith

Thank you so very much. :) I've got it updated now. :)

Yeah, I can see how GM lockpicking would be a godsend. I'm tempted to finish my thief now and send him to harvest the gems for me. hehe

11. Vertigo

Vertigo Guest

Awesome writeup!
    I use a legendary ninja to collect my gems. Using cat/dog form, I regen hp very quickly and do not need to heal / cure poison.
    Cheers!

12. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable

*smacks self in forehead and wonders why she didn't think of that*
    lol...
    thanks sarsmi!!!