1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The fame for killing some of the mobs in Shame seems low.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by A Thought Elemental, Nov 20, 2011.

1. A Thought Elemental

A Thought Elemental Journeyman

When I am working fame (for sacrifice virtue), I usually kill the succubus down in Fan Dancer Dojo. I get lord title before too long, sacrifice it on one of the demons up around the corner, and it's done.

The past 2 nights I had been killing the air/flame/poison elementals in Shame, and also helped 2-man some of the named mages in there. We also killed an elder gazer (2-manned). So, I'd killed a good chunk of shame stuff.

And it was strange that I had not achieved Lord, after all that. All of those mobs, including the air elementals & co, are harder to kill than the succubus.

I took a break from Shame tonight and went and killed succubus for a while, so that I could get up enough fame to sacrifice. Got lord about as fast as usual, sacrified ... usual story.

Might want to look into that, it does not seem right in the fame department down there in Shame.

2. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

ive been wondering about that myself, also seem not to be gaining any honor off of anything down there

3. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ditto. Was actually wondering if anyone would mention this.

4. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

5. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Not gaining any honor , fame or karma from a good amount of eternal gazers and unbound vortexes. They should give at least a bit.

6. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I gained karma on a character that was dread, but I have not gained fame on any of my characters.

7. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If you solo the EVs you gain some of both but they are not terribly high at this point. It might be a good decision to take another look at their fame and karma rates.

8. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've been wondering that myself. Almost seems that they took models from other Mobs (such as an eternal gazer seems to look like the elder gazer). Perhaps they adjusted these models stat wise, however they may have overlooked the fame and karma levels. I've also noticed you do not gain nearly what you should for honor when you honor an eternal. I'm getting the amount of earned honor that I would expect to get from fighting an elder gazer.

Just a thought

9. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Well if the fame levels are low then the honor gain will be low. Honor gain is dependent largely on the creatures fame.
    But yeah. You're probably right. They probably took old mobs restated them. rehued. added some abilities but didn't change the fame/karma/gold. Which is alright. doesn't kill the experience. Just doesn't make sense to fight something that is arguably tougher than some of the insane fame gainers for the same fame/karma as a basic earth ele.