1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The First Drakken Mage Tournament

Discussion in 'UO Great Lakes' started by Arsenic, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Arsenic

Arsenic Guest

Due to the fact that I am bored and have some extra gold laying around I have decided to host a mage tournament. (Even though I suck at dueling) So break out your dueling chars or quickly build one! Its tournament time!

General Tournament Info

This tournament will be done as a single elimination tournament

I will open submissions for any person for one week starting from the time this is posted!

Once the tournament begins I will post the bracet in this thread and message the duelers, they will have one week to complete their duel. (This allows for the two peoples schedules to find a time to meet)

Winner and Loser must contact me saying who won. (Or contact me and I will attend the duel on my blue trammy char as a witness for the duel)

The duels will be done at the location agreed upon by the duelers, that way there cant be any ganking and raiding, unless one of the duelers calls in someone.

Prize
    First Place 10 MILLION gold
    Second Place 5 MILLION gold

Submissions
    There is a 250k Entrance fee per mage. (If we have enough people to submit that the entrance fees become larger then the prize pool it will be added on to the winners prize!) As proof that I am not trying to make money off this tournament.

When you submit please include the name of the char you are DUELING with, and your main your known on. (Due to some making new chars for this) This is for gold and bragging rights people.

RULES!
    Pure Mage!
    No Necro
    No Chivalry
    No Pots
    On Foot
    No Weapons
    No Apples
    No Spellweaving
    No Poisoning Skill
    No Specials (Added due to the changes with disarming of spellbooks)

You have a week to get a charactor ready for this.

Contact Information
    MSN: [email protected]
    AIM: NavyETJay
    Or PM me on the boards.

NOTE!
    Before the bracets are set you must have paid your entrance fee or you will not be added to the bracet!

If anyone wishs to donate to the tournament, please contact me and I will set up a meeting time.

Hopefully if this works out well, I intend to do it again in the future!

Good luck to all!

2. Sedric

Sedric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Me and Pixel are in!!!!!! Does anyone in haxz have the ball to join this tourney?

3. Arsenic

Arsenic Guest

Post Updated

No Apples
    No Spellweaving
    Poisoning Skill Allowed <-- (Changed)

4. Sedric

Sedric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Are you joking? Thats being debated? By who? Haxz? I dont think I've ever
    heard of a tournament that was strait mage except poisoning.

5. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I might not have REAL balls, but I'll come lol.

6. Arsenic

Arsenic Guest

Updated above

No Specials (Added due to the changes with disarming of spellbooks)
    Poisoning Skill Allowed

7. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

ALLOWing posioning isnt the brightest idea in a mage tourny. Lethal can be a beech to cure

8. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

without necro being allowed you don't have to worry about lethal

9. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

sorry ... deadly posion can be just as bad

10. Insta

Insta Guest

I had thought about entering until the posion was going to be let in. It's hard enough to get an nox off in the middle of a posion lock, much less haveing to get 5 off becuase your first 4 dont cure. Yeah I know you can arch cure it, but that's slower and much easier to disrupt. If you're going to put in the nox, you minus well put in the specials. A lame duel is a lame duel one way or the other.

11. Craklord

Craklord Guest

Sorry bro if ur allowing poisoning from skill ima have to wthdraw sorry....

12. Arsenic

Arsenic Guest

Due to enough people asking me to switch it back, it is done.

No Poisoning Skill

I will be on for next couple hours to collect entrance fees from the people who have pmed me with verbal intent to join the tournament. As people pay their fee their name will be added to the first post so you may see some of your competition

13. Sedric

Sedric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Awwwwwww. Sorry Lynk. It was your only chance of beating me.

14. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hm... someone must have put poisoning on my dueling character then.. you've actually fought that character before I believe.

NT at attempted greif though.

15. Sedric

Sedric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yes...I have fought your dueling character. And thats how I know your only CHANCE to beat me is with poisoning. But I'm sure if the rule hadnt been changed you wouldnt have bothered to use it anyway, right?

PAY ATTENTION.

16. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

We get it, you can beat me in duels. Don't worry, if I ever hear anything about awards being given out in irl/uo I'll be sure to nominate you.

17. Sedric

Sedric Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Damn..Theres that "quick wit" again.

18. Craklord

Craklord Guest

LOL get a room you two.....

19. GiveitaTry

GiveitaTry Guest

Ill deffinately be entering this tourny, but question is am i not lazy enuff to make a mage for dueling.. lol im in. OH and sedric im looking to own u some morez :p.

20. Julifius

Julifius Guest

Hey ill have fun with this.... although im really rusty and my dorm connection isnt nearly as good as at home... but ill still try :)

21. Arsenic

Arsenic Guest

I wish at this time to post an appology to everyone this tournament at this time. As of right now i am spending the second straight night in the dark due to having no power after what remained of ike rolled threw northeast ohio. I am currently making this post on my phone i must say vcast is nice but i wish i had my power back. When i am able to return to game which they are saying could be as late as friday i will work on collecting entrance fees and begin this tournament. Once again i am sorry but ohio power compoanies sent most of their crews to texas to help the 2.9 million without power that they are having trouble getting 115,000 people back online here in ne ohio. Be save everyone and see you all soon.

22. Arsenic

Arsenic Guest

I finally have power again!!!

Will be getting in touch with people and collecting entrance fees and the tournament will begin Monday!!!

23. Nice Fights

Nice Fights Guest

This tourny start yet?? Sed's gonna need some comp!
    I guess i can brush the dust off my wres/scribe mage... Ugh but only if i can fight in polor bear form.!

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!