1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

the gargoyle race overpowered ?

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Tasatail, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Tasatail

Tasatail Guest

2. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I haven't been able to kill one, yet... :(

3. they are only as fast on foot as someone who is mounted when they are flying because they cannot ride any mount. they can be "dismounted" while flying to bring them back to walking speed and there is a time delay, 3 or so seconds,the same as with an ethy, to going into flying mode. so i dont see that as overpowering in the least

4. Tasatail

Tasatail Guest

ah good to know they still have better perks then other races such as better as missle weapons(archers) and they have advatage as mage and crafting

5. the crafting one is moot really until numbers are known, it might be something silly like 5% chance added onto it.

the mysticim one will most likely be like the humans jack of all trades bonus that only applies to that skill, same with throwing too really, it does state a basic understanding.

6. Tasatail

Tasatail Guest

yes it does really till numbers are crunched but my first reactions was i want be gargoyle lol

7. lazybones

lazybones Guest

I'm betting the tamers with greater dragons will love that move at mounted speed with no mount.:love:

8. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think we'll have to see the final numbers but I'm worried the gargies are going to be OTT just to make them appealing enough to sell the expansion. Unless EA have truly learned their mistakes with ML. Aye, right!

I don't think I'll ever have a gargy, much as I love them as monsters I don't think I'd want to look like one. I'd need a really good reason to convert ;)

"Crickey Ailsa, you've let yerself go a bit lass!"
    *cringe*

I hope they aren't godly powerful, because I'm sure there are more than enough inbalances as it is.

Wenchy

9. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'm kind of wondering about the "Berserk" thingie.
    Especially in PVP you get to low health and back up full within seconds. Will it ever fire off, or be active enough to make a difference? Will it be disabled as you heal up?
    Will it be "passively spammable" because of the extreme hit points differences that occur perhaps?

And.... DUAL WIELD.

Sorry had to say that.

10. Tabby Kapak

Tabby Kapak Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor

Not too sure abt that, even on foot when running the drags can't always keep up... Pets usually walk slower than their owners. rolleyes: