1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The great blah!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

Right after he said in chat he never ran from me. This is after he smoke bombed. :heart:

2. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

One question one comment...whats on your bow and nice setup on what your wearing...

By the way...nice haxxor with the 125 luck...:lol:

3. Albertus

Albertus Guest

Yeah, he's all talk in chat then runs like a girl. :owned:

4. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Death strike fencer archer with resist.

Bow is the standard velocity/fireball one

5. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

When i said nice setup i meant what your wearing...

6. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Suit is about...

31LMC
    7MR
    45HCI
    45DCI
    +100 skill points
    +25HPI
    45EP
    +15 mana
    +18 Dex

7. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

The color combination...

P.S. 125 Luck too...

8. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Storm Grips give 125 luck sir. I believe they give 8 dex also and some DI.

9. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

8 Int, but close! 25 DI, and his give 10 HCI if I remember correctly (factions).

10. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

It was late and Speedy was tired.

PLUS I SAID ABOUT A$$HOLES

11. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

Hrm? I was correcting N49ATV on the Stormgrip mods, ******y. :)

12. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I know, I clicked the wrong quote.

13. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Nevermind about Blah, so are all those items Faction artifacts? Imbued? Mixed?
    If all faction artifacts, I guess you be orange forever.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

14. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

There mixed...

15. OldAsTheHills

Stratics Veteran

It so funny, I run with armor in the mid 40 resists. I have such strange
    templates to kill the monsters. I suppose people really think I should be
    able to defeat the well equipment pkers. But, I do not. I use a different
    stategy. My last encounter with Bo was disappointing to him...
    I probably did 8 damage once... before I was put down. I not really sure
    what Bo wanted... after he did his attack from stealth mode. He did talk
    briefly to me, he said something like: Lesson learned.
    Frankly, I have no use for Pkers...and guess it is mutual.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

16. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

I guess we all have different reasons we play uo. I play so i can slap someone claiming to be a pvper in the jib mage style then laugh at them for running like a girl.

When i run across somone else i normally pk them, check out their lewts for stuff id use, rez (if able to) and let them go along their merry way.

I killed the reporter girl a few days ago got a bag of sending ran all the way to tomb of kings entrance when i noticed i had her bandies, gloves and a jewl. I ran back to return them to her. I am not normally an ******* to people unless they are ***** and deserve it.

Ps: we need passive reveal on siege :)

17. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

That was a great post until...P.S....

18. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

i think it would make the game alot more interesting (and please slap me if this is already in place here, but i dont think it is) if they added passive reveal ONLY as a perk to GM detectives. that way, if you really wanted the ability, you would have to spend a good deal of skill points. this would also make stealing more exciting, but not as stupid as on prodo when you get revealed basically half a screen away lol.

p.s. i would love to make a PK just to make yeaxhazasxhzzzozxx stop *stare*ing all the time lol

19. Black magick

Black magick Guest

I'm all for passive detect on SP, but make it more effective as the skill goes up. 0 detect 0%, JOAT maybe 10%, and 100 50%?

20. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

If you dont like that idead im sure you would hate to hear my thoughts on magic resist / trap boxes...

21. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

As far as resist/TB go, these are my thoughts:

-Trapped boxes, as Kenny Powers would say, YOU'RE $%^&$@ OUT!
    -Evil Omen/Para no longer works
    -Magic resist skill - Give it a chance to parry spells, or something of the sort. Or at least reduce the damage. To do this though, certain things would have to be fixed. Smoke bomb templates with magic resist would be virtually unkillable.

22. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Passive reveal should be on siege. It shouldnt matter about detect hidden skill. If you wanna run 75 stealth and 100 hide (hell i do), you should be passively revealed by other people with no skill. If you have 120 stealth, 0 passive reveal. Most templates can get away with 75 stealth, nothing more is needed. So make those last few points worth getting for the benefits. The only reason to have 120 stealth is the DS.

Get rid of trapped boxes, and go back to trapped pouches. Atleast then its not one item used a million times. Have resist give you a base of 50 resist with no armor (what is it 46 now?) but have it so armor adds to this. So you dont need to run max suits. Though this could really create a balance issue, since you could run low resist and other mods (HPR, MR, SR, Stat mods etc), but at the cost of 120 points of skill. Tricky on how to make resist work again like it did back in the day. Now the only reason to run it is para ganks, mana vamps.

23. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

I see your .02 and raise you .04. Resist should play a factor in the amount of damage a trap box does, period. Mages have to adapt to dexers, by utilizing 120 skill points PLUS taking away from str/int for dex. Dexers simply use a trap box, apple, and say **** you? lol.

Either way, I'm adapted and could careless-So lets get that out of the way before all the little dexers come crying.

24. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

All characters can drop resist for a trap box.. Basically replacing 120 Skill with an Item. Only mages however can replace 120 Weaponskill with a single item.

Im not defending or supporting anyone. Just throwing out facts.

*Edit* Also unless its been changed.. I'm not a fan of UBWS either.

:popcorn:

25. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

This is why I like seige. We all run differently and have our own styles. PvPers are competitive to each other. Those that PK the rest of us do so differently. Makes for interesting interactions. Righty will show up at my place and call me out so he can kill me. Nightstalker will give me a running start. Bo dryloots, but doesn't rez kill. Which always makes me wonder what the hell all I was carrying that was so heavy. Nice to have an occasional spring cleaning, ya know. Some attack out of stealth, which makes me feel more free to use stealth when I can fit it in.
    Its more so other monsters don't see me anyways. None of ya ll grief me, so its all part of the enjoyable experience that is SP. Sometimes I can even get away or execute a timely silver sapling recovery. Its fun. Sunchicken was right...he actually came back with my bandies, which surprised me. Disarming is completely expected.

I like it too cause people react to how you are, also based on thier own style. Some don't PK crafters or vendors. Some will PK them, but leave thier resources. Some will not PK them at thier vendor site. Back to the subject lline of this post, we can complain about blah's behaviour in general chat and he will continue it. Or we can ignore it and he will stop spamming for a few days. On the other side of the coin, I am willing to bet that for some folk, Blah is considered kill on site.

26. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

As much as I do think trapped boxes are lame...dexers honestly need some love. Parry is far too powerful right now. If you're running 70DCI with 120 parry/120 wrestle or AI/EI however you go about it, you have a 15% chance of getting hit. S a dexer will hit less than 1/6 of his swings. Factor in that dexers swing at a cap of 1.25s, doing a max damage of 35(plus spell) and you're saying a dexer can do about 35 damage in 7 seconds...that is not much.

27. Shakaja

Shakaja Guest

as far as i know parry is checked independently from weaponskill. so you cant just calculate 50%-35%. its 50% * 65% leaving the dexer with a 32.5% chance to hit.

28. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Regardless of the exact #s the game has changed again, mages all run parry to offset the archer template thus leaving them unable to kill alone.

And we can get rid of trapped boxes as long as we put every mage wep on the shard into them...along with blessed overpowered spellbooks!

I can have two blessed item on my mage, why not my dexxer??

Please explain how that is fair????

29. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I don't believe dexers were ever meant to be as powerful as mages, as they are far FAR easier to play.

30. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Everyone needs to stop being a fuking vagina and start playing the game.

if you want two fuking blessed items, play a damn mage.

this **** is getting old guys...

31. OldAsTheHills

Stratics Veteran

About the p.s. There is purposeful pvping this shard, and then there is mindless
    pkers which made me do nothing but stand there and *stare* at their
    indifference.

Also, no chance Passive reveal is coming to Siege Perilous.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

32. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Exactly. Play a mage with a blessed spellbook and no shield, tell me how it works out for you :-D

33. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

Well you can on your tamer...

A couple issues i have

I have a problem with mage weapons. Mage weapons came out pre crystaline ring. This meaning they were not supose to replace a skill in its entirety.

Traped crates are more of a oversight than a developed idea. The question i have is who the **** is rearming the trap and where the hell are all the darts coming from?
    Extend timer on apples.

Balanced bows... id say it would be a ***** to shoot a bow and drink a bottle of anything.
    Where the **** are my balanced hatchetts?
    Two hit effects on any weapon.

Think dexxers are getting the shaft by parry mages?
    At least you can run and heal...
    wanna know how to kill parry mages>? Its called LEARN HOW TO PLAY MAGES lol

And i would gladly give up my perfect blessed spell book if they fixed traped crates. Or at least make them usable only one FING time.

34. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I dunno. I kind of like the pk'ers. I enjoy the inherent risk of getting slain every time I farm a few for karma or something. I miss the days when the risk was higher, and you got attacked more. I take pride in getting away from a well planned ambush, especially when it involves more than a single attacker, but that hasn't happened in a long time.