1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Greatest Zoo in all of UO

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Jerimiah, May 4, 2010.

1. Jerimiah

Jerimiah Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I am slowly making my way back to civilization after a long absence. On my way back I dropped in on our zoo in Moonglow. How long have the new flowers and guestbook been there? It looks great and is fitting testament to the community that has the oldest crane in all of UO and by far the most dedicated group of people keeping our zoo populated.

For those who care, we have sadly lost our silver steed.

I look forward to adventuring with old friends again soon!

Does anyone sponsor regular pet fights anymore?

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Its been awhile since we had a zoo supporting event. I keep donating my tamed ki-rins when I'm training, but at 250 points each, they're not doing too much to stave off the points decay.

3. Jerimiah

Jerimiah Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Once I get myself settled in I hope to bring back pet fights to offer some small support to the zoo. I would really like to be able to make them a monthly event to raise gold for the zoo.

I don't have the resources to offer prizes for events like the old tamers challenges of years past.

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I don't think anyone's done anything with the Zoo since Calina had to cut back her game time.

5. Jerimiah

Jerimiah Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I think you are right Flutter. At least nobody else publicized anything on these boards since then. But then again our zoo couldn't be as well off on both facets without some folks putting in some effort.

6. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I drop some gold there from time to time, and the polar bears that I'm taming on my "secondary" tamer. But yeah... The silver steed escaped, I think it may be looking for a mate or something. *shrugs*

But yeah, you may see me hovering around there from time to time. I don't find as much time to game like I used to. But I do bounce in and out.

*waves to Jerimiah*

7. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

I would dedicate some of my events in my city to funding the zoo if we start seeing more ppl actively wanting to take care of it. I do have a Pet vs. Pet event in my rack of event offerings up and coming at Vamp's Lair.

8. Bob_the_fart_guy

Fantastic! I hope to see our Silver Steed back soon.

Speaking of the matter... did we (as a shard) ever decide on a nickname for our silver steed?

9. Jerimiah

Jerimiah Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I don't remember ever comming up with a name for our crane much less the steed.

10. Bob_the_fart_guy

Oh dear...

Would Grog be inappropriate for the Crane? Hey Jerimiah... do you still have the battle house in Fellucca?

11. Jerimiah

Jerimiah Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Bob-

I still have the pet fight arena in fel that was given to me by Vallend long long ago. Just after the first (and only) Grog Fest if I remember correctly. I hope to dust it off and breath life back into those events before too much longer. I would also appreciate any re-design suggestions once we get things organized.

12. samikapanen1

samikapanen1 Guest

Well I'm going to try and do my part. I've started working my first tamer. See you in a couple years :)

13. Jerimiah

Jerimiah Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Let us know if you need any help

14. Bob_the_fart_guy

I'm sure the Dev's meant well with the chicken lizards but... I kinda think that the lore of having a cock fight was that the chickens were so weak. Aren't the chicken lizards kinda tough?

Would've been neat IMO if they had simply introduced rosters. So that it could truly be a "cock" fight.

And no, I don't feel strange using the word cock, for I use it in the proper form. But... try telling that to EA.