1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Grog Guildhall

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Lady_Calina, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Lady_Calina

Lady_Calina Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

As some of you may know, for the past year or so my husband and I have been the caretakers of the Grog Guildhall. This place holds a special place in our hearts because the plot has long been attached to my family. I'll give some history.

The plot was once a tower, owned on one of my mother's spare accounts. Up until that point, when Grog was 'young' to Catskills, he had never had such a large plot. When my mother and stepfather left Ultima, she had him come to the tower, and gave it to him. About a year ago, a friend of ours who had been holding it gave it to us. It wasn't until then that I found out the history from my mom.

Unfortunately, with things as they are, we have to close an account. My mother has offered to take the hall back if we need it, but I thought that I would first offer it to someone who is still playing.

The only stipulation is that it cannot be 'touched'. It can be used to storage with a few chests here and there, but we've tried out best to maintain it exactly as it has been.

Please PM me if you're interested.

2. Beleg Megil

Beleg Megil Guest

It is definitely a part of shard history. If I opened another account, my wife would kill me though.

Wonder if the EMs could help? Maybe offer it to Kasaven or Cernunnos with the same stipulations?

3. Lady_Calina

Lady_Calina Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

That's a good idea, I never thought of that. Kinship I believe has a building that is owned by the game, perhaps they'd be willing to do the same for Grog since he was such a part of Catskills lore.

4. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

Have you tried to do some fund raisers and gather the UO gold to buy time cards to maintain the acct?

5. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

How much would one month of game time cost with UO gold? Isn't it something crazy like 25mill?

6. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

A 90 day game code costs $38.99 on uogamecodes.com

7. Lady_Calina

Lady_Calina Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I would never come to anyone asking for money for an account. I know how that can come across sometimes and I wouldn't ever want it to turn into a point on contention. I have a guildmate who has offered to become caretaker temporarily until we find someone who is willing to devote themselves to it.

8. ArchillUO

ArchillUO Guest

Well, I just recently reactivated my account from a while ago, and have no house as of yet. I am working on getting the funds for one, but I wouldn't mind holding your house til you got back. Basically All I would use it for is basic storage of materials to work my characters up, and I would change nothing as per your request.

My ign is Archill if you would like to talk to me to get to know me better as I realize no one knows me at the moment, but I thought I would offer to build up my trustworthiness and make some friends in the process.

9. Giggles

Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

I do have one spare account that does not have a house on it at this moment. After your guildy can no longer hold it I would be willing to hold it for around 6 months. After that I would need to pass the torch to someone else. So just let me know. I wouldn't use it for anything, even storage. Would be a honor to help preserve the memory of Grog.

10. Giggles

Welcome back :) Send me a icq, I can get you a max storage house on any facet you want. I play most evenings during the week. 375-739-774.