1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The impression we make on people

Discussion in 'UO Lake Superior' started by Devil_Woman, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Devil_Woman

Devil_Woman Guest

You guys have really got to go read what Mayadevi wrote about us in this thread over in UHall. :lol:

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds like a complement? I think? A complement on the inclusiveness of the shard's community?

-Galen's player

3. Devil_Woman

Devil_Woman Guest

I certainly took it to be a compliment. To me it says we welcome new people readily, are very willing to include them, and are ready to show a newbie a good time within 5 minutes of arrival!

Only in UO would we consider getting killed a good time!

4. Eslake

Eslake Guest

If you hit someone hard enough with a war mace, the impression is permenant.

:p I don't know if it was intended in a good way or a bad way.. or a take-it-whichever-way-you-like way.

Personally, I think it's great we have something going on every weeknight and anyone who wants to join in is welcome.
    Most of the other shards treat anyone they don't know like lepers.

5. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It is a very, very nice change from when I started on LS, when the shard had a reputation as the home of the "help me find my stuff" PK lure.

Aside from my own infamous paranoia and suspicion, the reason I wasn't 100% certain at first was that it could be taken as "come to LS, they'll get you killed because they suck."

But in-context, I agree with you, was likely meant as a complement.

-Galen's player

6. Kariny

Kariny UO Lake Superior News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Well, it can be a complement or a threat!:D
    We just may be standing around dead instead of alive!

*goes to collect more death robes*

7. I came back to UO after an extremely long absence. I returned to LS with a new account because it was the server I used to play on. Honestly, both times I have played, I have found a great community full of very friendly and helpful folks.

I'm working hard to get myself back to the point where I can "pay it forward".

I don't think I could ever play on a different shard. LS is the best. :)

8. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

LS is the only shard I've ever played on. I can't imagine another shard more friendly, except for that Devil Woman character. I wouldn't trust her any farther than I can throw a snowball at her! :lick:

9. Devil_Woman

Devil_Woman Guest

Having trouble reading your calendar? You do know that Christmas is coming up? Guess I need to go shopping for switches and coal.