1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The joys of coming back to UO

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Rikimaru_Vegeta, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Rikimaru_Vegeta Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

After a 2 and half year break I return. Once again I am lost when it comes to PVP/PVM. Luckily I still have friends playing and they are helping me acquire some decent gear ;)

Though I am baffled at what route I want to go with my only character (human) on this server (atlantic).

Currently:
    120 mage
    120 eval
    120 magic resist
    120 necro
    120 ss
    120 med
    rest in focus

Since I need to relearn everything I plan on doing the PVM route for a little bet before going into PVP. I am seeking a template that can do decent in both realms. I heard necro sucks now... thoughts?

Is something like this possible and worth working towards?

120 mage
    120 eval
    120 resist
    100 myst
    100 spellweaving (pvm purposes, and gift of life is nice)
    100 med (whats better 100 focus or 100 med?)
    60 focus

I would like to aim for +30 or +40 of skills on my jewerly; +20 for magery to help with a sc mage weapon (-15 or -20 magery) and I am not sure what the other skill should be; focus or myst?

Also based on my research all my gear must have these stats: 45 DCI, 50% enhance potions, 40% lower mana cost, 100 Lower reagent cost, 2/6 casting, at least 15% spell damage increase (I plan to have more since it helps in PVM), hit lower attack on mage weapon (for dexxers; or would Hit chance increase be better here?), some casting focus on armor (or only get this if i get scribe?), mana regen (not sure on how much I need; whats the max?), and any Hit point and mana increase mods I can fit on my armor.

Any suggestions on what artifacts I should acquire? or tips on playing a template like this? perhaps go a different route? expert advice is appreciated! :)

I would not solo with this template; I would be in a group.

Thanks for your time,

Riki

Syrus likes this.
  2. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Stratics Veteran

After talking to some folks in game; I should go this route (more pvp focus)
    100 scribe
    120 myst
    120 focus
    120 mage
    120 eval
    120 resist

this will reduce med down to 20. I will tack on MR items and HP regen items. I imagine if I want to PVM I could soulstone the scribe for spellweaving one of these days. The benefit of 120 myst and 120 focus is a must in pvp from my understanding. My jewerly are each 1/3 with +magery and dci on them. thoughts?

3. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

the las template listed would do pretty well in PVM also but if you wanted that extra kick butt factor you could stone off resist for weaving as neeed... are you Riki i used to stomp around on siege with back in the day??? in Chad's guild?

4. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Stratics Veteran

Same ol riki if you mean TNT. Who was your characters?

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Depends on what your planning on doing. I see plenty of people at champ spawns rockin' wither and it owns.

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

If I was going to use Mystic for PVM I would be tempted to switch out the resist spells and run 120 focus. It will add a bit more kick to the spells and give longer summons etc.