1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The last pass, the next pass.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Viquire, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Back in 08 it was announced that we were supposed to get a full review of special moves, weapons, and spell sets for balance prior to the release of SA. Time constraints and issues with the conversion system did not allow that pass to happen prior to the full public release of SA.

A pass did happen, but it went mostly unannounced as part of fixes for SA after release.

Does anyone know which Dev made that pass, and, are they still with the team?

I briefly looked around and could not find anything. Thanks.

#1 Viquire, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Tina, you are amazing.

DevilsOwn likes this.
  3. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

The long-discussed "balance bass" appears to have just floated away years ago.

I don't think what's coming necessarily is the same thing as what they had in-mind for a balance pass. I guess it might be, they might've found someone's old notes or something like that.

The old balance pass had a very particular goal: To make damage over time for all weapons more or less identical and thus make weapons choice about specials and the specifics of how one wanted to deal that damage.

This one doesn't seem as formalized, but we'll find out for sure at some point either way.

-Galen's player