1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The Lesser Hiryu

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by JamezC, Feb 15, 2010.

1. JamezC

JamezC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I know they can be owned and ridden by people with 90 bushido, but can they be commanded without taming and lore?

I searched and cannot find this out

Any help would be great

Thank you!
    - James

2. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yes they can be commanded as well with 90 bushido.

3. JamezC

JamezC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Perfect thank you
    - James

4. [JD]

[JD] Guest

I've read it takes 100 bush to bond one. My Sampire isn't high enough in bush to try yet so I can't confirm

5. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

OMFG !
    i'm getting one for my (soon to be) sampire !

6. Grimwar

Grimwar Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They sound good for a sammy warrior, but think how can you heal it.
    No vet/animal lore. probley no magery.
    Ok it a handy once off get out of jail card.
    But even ressed it will slowly lose its skills and as most are not sold as trained birds.
    As of the above (no healing for animals/birds) makes it harder to keep alive.

Also you have changed you char from a sammy warrior to a sammy/bird minder. nothing wrong if your used to playing that style.

But also consider You go from a pure melee to a pet minder, it's way eaiser for a tamer with magery skills to look after #1.

#1 is you, as a tamer if you die, then most of the time your pet dies. so it's eaiser to recall (if possiable) to save both hides.

#1 on a fancy bird, your in trouble when you dis-mount, cant heal it and it will distract you from your true skills.

7. jeza

jeza Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That's true, it's probably easier when you have a Tamer friend who can train your pet back to full skill points.

And resurrect it when needed :)

For those who don't know, you can add another char in "friend list" of your pet if this char has a high enough taming/lore level to properly control your pet.

This allows the other char to issue commands to your pet, it can't ride it but can control it in any other way.(all follow, all kill ....)

8. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It used to be that you just needed 90 bushido to be able to ride it, but they changed it a while back (almost 2 years) so that you needed 100 bushido to bond and maybe to ride it as well. Before the change people would have 0 bushido and have a bonded lesser on a pet ball and they would pet ball it in to help attack while they rode something else.

9. Lady_Mina

Lady_Mina Guest

It's just a new cool ride...

Although my 'living' mounts usualy end up being ghosts more then being alive :S

10. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Lesser Hiryu would make sense as a damage add while you tank, riding your Swampy. Then no pet mending or ressing needed. Obviously not for target switching or AOEing type mobs

11. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Ah, I was away for a couple of years and must have missed it, or forgot it...

12. JamezC

JamezC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This is what i was interested in doing, because you cant put the barding on the bird and therefore lose that 20% damage reduction if you're not riding a swampy. So the bird would be extra damage.

Anyone think of a specific situation where this would be ideal?

Thank you!
    -James