1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The lost art of backpack art?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Blind Otto, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Blind Otto

Blind Otto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

There was a time when people used their backpacks as an artists canvas.
    Beautiful images were painted with simple items such as nightshade, potions, old boots and turnips.

Each time a new group of items arrived, new art arrived. Until a few years ago, for some strange reason. Perhaps the Samurai and Elf items were too ugly?

I must stress - this is NOT a competition. I have nothing worth giving as a prize, other than made-up titles. If someone wants to turn it into a competition, go ahead. You will probably need the 'classic' client - I suspect it is very hard to do decent artwork in a backpack filled with grids and separators!

But, what budding artists are there out there? What new works of art can you delight and bedazzle us with?

(yes, I'm bored. But, don't let that stop you from being creative!)

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I thought of backpack art the other day, when my Santa Clause vendor on my rooftop here, had his backpack filled with red miso soups going upwards in the shape of a Christmas tree.

And upon the backpack ar of a red miso soup tree, were bright green nox crystals, green wasabi, with eggbombs and gravedust for snow garland upon said tree...in Santa's backpack.

Then I suddenly remembered a contest Sloan and others' held here on Siege regarding backpack art contests. I wish I could remember how it was judged or how it was held as a contest, for I was merely a contestant. I won 1 million gp here, in that particular Christmas backpack art contest, which was quite awesome for a new person here to have won.

I mentioned it to Luka saying...do any of us remember how they even ran those contests in UO across the shards for backpack art contests ? *pre elfy expansion pre loss of true legacy client UO backpacks, as our canvasses*

Let's see what yall can come up with ! :)

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Here ya go .... my alchemist Hughes Of Gray, just created this one, like 2 seconds ago. :)

[​IMG]

5. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron