1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

the mod that moved my thread to OT

Discussion in 'UO Pacific' started by SUPRsalad, Mar 24, 2010.

1. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

not to discuss mod actions or anything, but **** you!

2. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

YOU TELL EM BRO! THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF BS GOING AROUND LATELY, THEREFORE THIS POST DESERVES ALL CAPS.

3. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There is a reason why Stratics Pacific died all of a sudden.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Did so after asking my advice. So I guess it's me you want to swear at.

5. mutau

mutau Guest

Keep the threads in Pac forum revolving around the game and it stays. Off topic = UO OT forum. Sorry guys.

6. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This is a forum for the Pacific community, yes? So if pacific players are chattering with each other, let them. Why move our threads off somewhere else? That is just plain foolish. Move it back!

After all, did you move the picture thread away? That isn't about the game.

We need more chatter here, not less!

7. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree with Sablestorm. UHall is dedicated to game specific topics. OT is for off-topic in general unrelated to whatever shard anyone plays. I see the shard forums as for that shard's community regardless if the topic is about the game or not. It seems a little over the top and heavy handed to move threads being used only by Pacific players. A little bit of slack in the shard forums is warranted I think.

8. Tetricyde

Tetricyde Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I do agree...

Pac Shard Forum is supposed to a place for the Pacific Community to Chatter as a whole... It shouldn't JUST be for specific Pacific UO Related Items...

If thats the case you guys need to add Shard Sub-Sections to the Off Topic Forums... So you can visit the Pacific Off Topic Forum.... Or just make it easy and allow us to communicate with other Pacificans FREELY

It's nothing personal just a reasonable suggestion...

9. mutau

mutau Guest

Interesting idea of a sub forum.

I can propose the idea to the Admins to see what they say. While I do like to have as much Pac related threads here, sometimes our hands are tied too. But I'll try that idea again but with OT as the topic.

10. Not much to moderate anymore compared to years ago. There were more posts in a half hour then there is in a day now. Just let people talk, at least they're talking. so what if it's inane. at least its something. the wrong kind of life is much preferable to any kind of dead.

11. mutau

mutau Guest

Ok. So, OT topics are ok here within reason. Please keep in mind that this IS a game forum.

And
    Some possible reasons that we have less traffic compared to then could be because
    1. closed accounts because of economy
    2. moved
    3. on a diff game
    4. got into enough trouble here to get banned.

12. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

Sorry mut, didn't mean to swear at you. I figured it was mag.. Anyway, it was real early, and I get real raw early. Forgive me lady?

13. mutau

mutau Guest

no worries dear.

14. 8) yeah, I got all that

15. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

CRUISE CONTROL. :gun::gun::gun::gun:

16. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

Well, since my thread is gone, and I have nothing pertainant to UO to say..
    Yesterday was exciting for me.

Does anyone know what happens when you drop a 2000 watt/5hp water pump into the pond while its live? I finally got to find out... Very exciting. Lots of dead fish and fireworks. Truly heart-pounding.

17. The question is, would you do it twice?

18. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

The answer is: no. If i could have, I wouldn't have even done it once. I could have easily lived out the rest of my life not knowing what would happen. It was nearly a $1000 mistake.

19. HAHA! sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but im an electrician by trade - so yes i have an idea!
    Just wish i could have been there with some tartar sauce!
    Zips tartar FTW!
    :lol:

20. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

Heheh, I don't think even zip's tartar would make Karp decent..

21. what do you think they make papa joes with? hehe.

22. Kahlan

Kahlan Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

then theres always..

101)crappy mods

102)crappy people

so for those with no tolerance they don't bother...

23. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

At least it wasn't a $500 20 year old koi... now that's an expensive fish fry...

24. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

HAH! that reminds me of a story of when I was landscaping a few years back.
    We were doing some flower-beds for this VERY wealthy texan woman. She had a flagstone koi pond that was probably a 100k$ installation on its own. Not sure how many koi she had in there but it was a LOT, and they were BIG. So anyways, the story is, my boss tipped a wheel-barrel full of compost into the pond. I felt so bad for her, she almost started crying she was panicking so bad. Needless to say, she forked out the money to pay the koi pond guy to come and clean it all up. Needless to say, I think she lost quite a wad of cash on that job.