1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The most commonly used word in Valley of Eodon is...

Discussion in 'UO Time of Legends' started by Piotr, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

CommonWord.jpg

Siward, Eaerendil, Tamais and 16 others like this.
  2. Lord Taliesin

Lord Taliesin Seasoned Veteran

So far on Napa the most common phrase has been "f@#&ing BANANAS!!!"

3. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

4. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

next new skill in uo: climbing.

i'm just thankful there are spots where you can drop down the hill or climb up without having to run all the way around the ridge.

5. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

Did some running around today.... Probably the worst world ive seen built. I think some kids from minecraft could of done a better job.

6. Krinkle

Krinkle Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

More friendly than the Lost Lands.

7. Scribbles

Professional Alumni

This is a good example of what not to do when designing a world. Not only is it ugly but there a lot of "yellow items" meaning they can be highlighted. Why not make them a true stagnant item?

Even with them being highlighted the design itself is very much laughable. there are 7 styles of plant used here about 100 times each... gross.

I know ATL pvpers that can design better than this.

eodon.PNG

Cymidei, BrianFreud, Uvtha and 2 others like this.
  8. Gamer_Goblin

umm... I actually like it. Agree on the highlighting though.

9. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I hate it , the amount of lag it causes is astronomical. What were they thinking? It doesn't even serve a purpose, and you fall in the thing and then can't get out unless you recall back to luna or somewhere or help out. Total waste of space.

10. Scribbles

Professional Alumni

also there are a lot of multi colored crap spots in the land.
    multi color crap 2.PNG multi color crap 3.PNG multi color crap 4.PNG multi color crap 5.PNG multi color crap 6.PNG multi color crap 7.PNG multi color crap 8.PNG multi color crap 9.PNG multi color crap.PNG

DifferenceDifference likes this.
  11. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

The number of hilightable objects on the temple had quintupled since Thursday. At first it was only a few items around the base... the next it had crept up the sides. Now, its every bit of plant life there, as if they were growing.

Its a serious black hole of lag in the EC and is steadily getting worse...

12. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They're adding in items as part of the super secret server load testing. Determining exactly how much the servers can handle lets them focus better on removing critical hardware so as not to noticeably affect game play. We're all on a budget guys :lol:.

Stubentiger likes this.
  13. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master

Yes, I don't understand why they made all the plants there dynamic objects instead of part of the world map file. If I go near that pyramid I just get lagged to death from the hundreds of loading vines and stuff.

14. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sure, I say it and everyone jumps on me, including kyronix.. :(

15. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

16. Scribbles

Professional Alumni

it requires circle of trans and you to step in the right spot.

17. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

18. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Dont ***** about the landscape till you clean up that backpack! geesh

Axia likes this.
  19. Scribbles

Professional Alumni

20. Spock's Beard

Well other than that one area Scribbles posted a picture of, with the billion of the same tree and the temple thing you fall through and get stuck, I didn't think Eodon was so bad. Way too much fixation on cliffs and clearly we're waiting for them to add to the content as time goes by, but eh.

My main question is why they'd add a ton of dinosaurs and then not make them tameable. Talk about a missed opportunity, and I don't even have a tamer.

21. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

99% of these items were reported during the testing, don't know why they never fixed them? .. my guess lack of time... I'm sure they will get around to it during future publishes. *rereads posting and notices I am talking to myself*

Scribbles likes this.
  22. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This x100. The allosaurus would have been such a great looking pet. I would also like one of those nanner tossing monkies.

As for the world, it's fine I guess (cliff city is very random choice), it just looks SO unfinished/unpolished, and honestly beyond the turtle there is pretty much nothing to do there.

I feel like this is actually just ToL beta, and the beta was alpha. In a few months it may be what it should have been upon release. One hopes anyway. :/

Scribbles likes this.
  23. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Am I the only one who would have been more than happy to wait for it to be finished/polished before release? Whats the rush?

Scribbles likes this.
  24. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Considering we all got it for free....I think people might be complaining about it a bit much.

@Uvtha The devs have said for months it would be available sometime in September, they released it September 30th. If they had waited a single day more the community would have yelled at them for not releasing it on time like every other time anything is late. Remember all the "new account management" and "new website" jokes people have been posting for months after those were late? That was probably the rush, they wanted to keep their promise that the release date would be in September

I appreciate them making an effort to release it on time like they said they would.

E_T, Acid Rain, Tarquinn and 7 others like this.
  25. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

You can't please everyone and some of these people wouldn't be happy unless they could complain about something.

They already pointed out that it is still being developed, let alone that it was free.

But then again, I have better things to do than address childish entitlements.

26. Thoronnar

Thoronnar Journeyman

The lands are a mediocre job. The work done on the side, new features and enhancements that the expansion brings to the game, however, well done.

http://stratics.com/threads/valley-of-eodon.352605/

I think we all appreciate the effort Captn, and yeah it was probably rushed. However, this is mostly constructive criticism. As players we have the duty to express what we feel about the game. We have high quality expectations because UO has almost always met those expectations, it was, it is, and it should always be a great game. Not to mention we also pay and support this project; we are the customers.

#26 Thoronnar, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  27. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Because for the last 3 or 4 years they have been able to pacify us Tamers with the promise of a Pet Revamp that never comes.... supposedly all this will be set right when they do this pet revamp...

*taps skeletal foot*

Still waiting.

Viquire and Riyana like this.
  28. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

The first day I was able to pick bananas and coconuts from the trees.

29. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

They fall all around the trees yes...

Sunday I went looking for stealables and found that now even the leaves and trees are highlighting which they didn't before so I don't know what's going on there.

30. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

It can't be good. o.0

Victim of Siege likes this.
  31. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

I agree with parts of this... However, I must point out that the UO leadership pretty much derailed the expectation train all by themselves.

You can't really blame the players for getting upset and making jokes when we're told May for the new website, but it doesn't actually materialize until September 9th. Changing delivery dates would be far more forgivable when there is frequent proper, prompt and meaningful communication. Silence and avoiding the topic isn't a tactic that makes customers spending money feel particularly magnanimous.

I think players were far more forgiving with ToL's date moving out a little because they could see progress, and Kyronix was actively on TC1 soliciting comments. I can attest to the fact that he was good about taking criticism and suggestions.

But, to be fair, we have to acknowledge the greater communication fails as a pattern. We still don't have an easy to use, logical, customer-friendly account management site. We still have to go through Origin for item/code purchases, as the "in game" method was either back burnered, or dropped completely. Then there's the monthly newsletter, which, well...isn't. We haven't seen one since July 30th. And of course, there's Steam...let's just not go there.

All of the angst over things being delayed, tweaked or reprioritized could be dealt with by better communication.

32. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

I do believe the gods are still working on the new land. At least is what I read in from their official site....

33. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

it is only good if you are a mage or stealth ninjer, but you can teleport out of that temple by targeting the steps. i have done it a few times just exploring. this was on Siege by the way.

kelmo likes this.
  34. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Of course, but they didn't have to give a timeframe like that, they could have said fall.

35. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Yup. I "jumped" out of there too.

Victim of Siege likes this.
  36. Spock's Beard

Yeah like whatever, it's new, it's free, let's just kill that turtle a whole lot.

37. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

Spending most of my time on Legends these days I search the work Legends a lot look for shard specific rares and such. Well that search is outta control now. lol

38. Robtsan

Robtsan Adventurer

Free does not "ok we should be thankful for what ever is laid down at our feet." What you usually get for nothing.is nothing. If you are not going to invest the time and resources doing a better job....don't do it....

Pandora Spocks likes this.
  39. Robtsan

Robtsan Adventurer

Childers entitlements??
    I pay and have payed to play this game every month for years. I don't consider it childish to voice my concern about the devs putting put a poorly planned poorly designed mod. I just glad I Bob not have to pay extra for this version of dinotopia. If it can't be done properly , they should take a look at other engines and learn..

40. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Awww, I wouldn't call it "nothing."

*pauses to croon a sweet soft lullabye to a Dragon Turtle egg*

41. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie

Me too. Set aside how much we've paid, this doesn't give the entitlement that we should get whatever we want and kick our feet when we don't get it. Let alone being way outside of being constructive feedback.

42. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

eodon has been getting a bad rap (for good reason) however lets not forget the current maps are also awfully designed in some places.
    Examples:
    Hythloth dungeon etrance, you walk in, you immediately walk out.
    Buccaneer's den, the only moongate without a guardzone and has a bank etc, ideal for pvp, 2 server lines in it.

43. MalagAste

OH I've always thought Buc's island needed to be moved to where it doesn't have all the Criss Cross of stinking Server Lines.

Uvtha likes this.
  44. Robtsan

Robtsan Adventurer

It is not a matter of entitlement. It is a matter of competent design, vision and getting what you pay for. Is positive "yes man" feedback, to be expected, when it is not deserved? My constructive feedback is simple. Don't push a bad job out to your customers...take time to do it right. If the the devs cannot see the substandard mod they put out..well there is no helping them, no amount of "constructive feedback will help. "No deal is better than a bad deal."

Uvtha likes this.
  45. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie

Again it was free, the comment was a general one etc etc you're beating a dead horse.

So feel free to bash away and whatever else it is you want to do.

I'm iff to take the kids swimming. Peace.

46. MalagAste

Well they have never cared that a robe on a gargoyle looks like a gunny sack... Burlap bag... hideous. So what do they do ..... come out with a dress that looks just like it only has really poorly pasted on flowers on it...

47. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

For me the most common word is "why".