1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The new and improved Vesper town square... and an exciting announcement!

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Riyana, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

The Royal Gardeners visited Vesper last night to finish installing plants and decorations around the Vesper bank island. The Vesper town square now sports a number of flowers, a pair of statues at the bank doors, a single mushroom donated by a local malcontent mycologist, a fountain with benches, lamp posts, a lucky coin, and a hovering wisp statue centerpiece, an arcane circle, and a sign commemorating the Beautification Project.

[​IMG]

But there's more! Tucked discreetly behind the bank is Britannia's first in-town goblin restroom. The "pee stump" as our goblin friends call it is surrounded by a circle of mushrooms. A goblin topiary stands atop the stump itself to indicate to goblins the proper place to go. Hopefully this will make our goblin neighbors feel welcome in town and help prevent any misunderstandings like the one in Skara Brae a few months back!

[​IMG]

We ended up with a total of 26 named flowers in the area contributed by the following characters:

Abercrombie
    Aimee
    Amyliz
    Anastasia
    Angelica
    Brian DeSpell
    Celestial Knight
    Ceridan
    Cheever
    Falbala
    Holly Bloodhand
    Icky Rotblossom
    Ivy
    Jelly Bean
    Keebler
    Knyght
    Lauren
    Lil Missy
    Lucy Little
    Mariah
    Mariel Silversun
    Nubby Eerwiggles (topiary)
    Pearl
    Phoenix
    Tehan
    Victor II

If your plant didn't make it in, please go ahead and turn it in at my office anyway and I'll try to get the gardeners to pop back by another time to install any latecomers.

Everyone who contributed a flower is entitled to a special golden pitchfork commemorating their contribution. I know I only distributed a few at the event, so if you gave a flower but didn't get a pitchfork and would like one, please contact me. You may leave a message in my office, at the Vesper Auction House, here on Stratics, at ICQ 123498286, or [email protected].

I am also very excited to announce that, per King Blackthorn at last night's Council Meeting, Vesper will soon be getting a stable! A site has yet to be determined, but I recommended it be placed over the northern bank bridge near the tailor shop. This would be convenient for the many traders traveling the sometimes dangerous caravan road between Vesper and Minoc.

Thank you to everyone who participated and/or contributed to the Vesper Beautification Project!

-Governor Ivy of Vesper

#1 Riyana, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  2. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Ohhhhh! Mees wantz a goldens pitchfork thingy! :)

~ Icky Rotblossom ~

Calkano and whiterabbit like this.
  3. TehanChesapeake

TehanChesapeake Lore Master

That was a great idea Governor Ivy ! As proof, it brought together citizens from many other cities, who gave their time and effort in making its realization a success !

The result is awesome ! My respects to you and everyone involved !

Tehan.

whiterabbit and old gypsy like this.
  4. Calkano

Calkano Journeyman
    PITMUCK

yay!

old gypsy likes this.
  5. Lady Khaleesi

Lady Khaleesi Seasoned Veteran
    Governor [BLAK]

Beautiful, Governor Ivy! Will have to be sure to visit my sister city in the near future!!!!

Lord Gareth and old gypsy like this.
  • About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!