1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The new Black watch guards are looking for CBDS!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kattasrophe, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Hi Everyone as many of you know there was a meeting for the Black Watch guards for them of us who wanted to join. We were given a Cloak and a Sash as a part of our uniform and many of us are looking to buy clothing bless deeds to save them. If you have a tailoring friend that has some of the bods for cbds we would appreciate it if you would mind asking them to fulfill the deed so we may buy them, Thank you for reading this!

Katt

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

What is special about said cloak and sash? Do they have a unique name? Can they be replaced?

3. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Its a special red color, its the color of a crimson centour or however you spell it.

4. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

i have the color very close. i made a bunch of sashes and half aprons if anyone would like a couple

5. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

I have the exact color they were nice enough to change my dye tub to the exact color, I was extremely close they said.

6. Victim of Siege

cool, i will come dye some cloth with it then

Kattasrophe likes this.
  7. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Why are you having to bless items that supposedly are tied to your account ? And must be turned in to get upgrades ? Why aren't they naturally blessed ? Im sure no one would complain about this. ??

8. Victim of Siege

the cloaks and half aprons are not account bound. and the first sash is not Blessed either.

Kattasrophe likes this.
  9. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

I guess I was confusing sash with the other stuff. So this uniform is not just a sash then.....so the sash isn't blessed, but don't die and get it looted, because you can't turn it in for the next level if it's been looted...hrm.

10. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

What they handed out today was just generic sashes and cloaks, not the special ones.

11. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

technicly none of us have ranked. Yes we are in the guards Watch but we haven't gotten a true position yet. That's why.

12. EM_Troubadour

EM_Troubadour UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator UO Event Moderator

So far, the members are wearing the basic uniform for the guard. These are items and colors that anyone can achieve through crafting (Using Natural Dyes for the armor and a normal dye tub for the cloth pieces). To get a dye tub of the appropriate color, you can use the EC with Pinco's. With this, you can select a few pre-set color choices. The last on the list is the one for the Crimson Cincture. That is the correct color.

As it is nothing special that can't be replaced, there is really not an urgent need to bless them. Once a member attains level 4, they will have a sash with a special name on it. These are the ones to protect and turn back in as you reach higher levels. It is still undetermined if the sashes for level 4 and above will come blessed or not. It is Siege after all and a little peril goes with the territory.

If you do get CBD's, you might want to save them for the level 4 and above items in case they do not come blessed.

kelmo likes this.
  13. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I vote for unblessed sashes. Crafters can make some coin by selling CBDs and thieves and aggressives can take sashes from people who carry sashes without a CBD. Fun for all. ^^

Bo Bo, FrejaSP and Troop like this.
  14. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

lol you are quite the trouble maker :p (is teasing)

SpyderBite likes this.
  15. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Well to be fair.. "This is Siege after all" :)

Kattasrophe likes this.
  16. Aran

I vote blessed. Just because it's Siege doesn't mean it has to be a ****show.

17. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

I totally understand where you are coming from, although, I would hate to see someone get one of the higher rank sashes just for someone to snatch it. That would be awful. Ah.. well all of us have opinions and we are free to tell them :)

18. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

With Lord Blackthorn in charge, unblessed items may be in the his master plan. This may be the first test of the Black Watch members to see how they deal with a little "Chaos".

signed,
    Rue Tor
    Jhelom citizen still waiting for a trash can at the Jhelom bank, then maybe a stable somewhere on the island (current governor wants that one, but we can't even get a trash can)

Recap....

Introduction:

The Black Watch began life as a segment of the Order of the Silver Serpent in Serpent's Hold who sought to bring the Virtues into the Chaos of the Great Stygian Abyss. Their experiences in the Stygian Abyss have made them strictly adherent to the established Virtues of the Britannian culture.

* Valor *

* Humility * - - - * Honor *

* Sacrifice * - - - - - - - - - * Compassion *

* Spirituality * - - - * Justice *

* Honesty *

It is by these virtues alone that they have survived and grown as an organization, and it is by these virtues alone they they have toiled against the darkness. Wholly intolerant of the symbols of Chaos and Disorder, the Knights are bastions of Order, Light and the Goodness with the primary goal of protecting and maintaining order in the lands of Britannia and Sosaria as a whole.

Upon returning from the Abyss to find that the former proponent of Chaos, Lord Blackthorn, now reigns as King, the Knights avowed to serve the King as his Royal Guard and assumed the name of "Blackthorn's Watch" or "The Black Watch". Many have wondered if that means they watch King Blackthorn himself and work from within the palace to guide the Kingdom towards Order.

19. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I vote for blessed. After all, they add no mods. This is simply for appearance. It seems like a worthy benefit of participating in the Black Guard events.

Spiffykeen likes this.
  20. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

For those that do not use the EC with Pincos, can you give settings for the basic dye tub to get the exact color match? What is the darkness setting and what is the color? It would be great if you could post a pic of the 2D client with an example of how to setup the dye tub.

21. Victim of Siege

Obsidian, i can give you one already set if you like. just let me know where to drop it off (if you have a mailbox) or ask for me in-game. I was able to get it very very close, but i am not sure which setting would be exactly "Crimson Cincture" on a reg tub in the CC.

22. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Yes but a little work to get what you want, do not hurt. And demand for CDB may be good for the shard.

23. Aran

Yeah, to hell with anyone who wants to participate but can't afford a pile of CBDs, they should know better than to want to be part of the community.

24. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Should not be hard to get a pile of the uniform items in right color. Just place a dye tub in right color at the Kings Castle. It's not like a new Cloak and a Sash will cost much. Give the tailors some business :)

25. Aran

We're not talking about the generic entry level sashes, we're talking the unique-to-player, turn-these-in-to-rank-up sashes.

26. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Since it has been explicitly stated that in order to gain levels above 4, you MUST turn in you're current level sash before moving higher is possible. Now that seem's a bit radical, given the precarious nature of life here on Siege.
    Well, while some people's attitudes tend toward "Hey, it's Siege" and to a large extent I agree, I would think that expecting me to remain in the Guard with zero prospect of gaining rank after being looted once - is asking a bit too much.
    Besides, you have included crafters in your mix and they especially won't care for those consequences. My vote is Bless them naturally, just like many rewards have been in years past - these should certainly be no exception.

Toth and Troop like this.
  27. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

okay you buncha thread derailers, We do not know if they will be blessed or not and even if I think I'd like to bless my original sash given to me and keep it as a keep safe then use one a tailor has made as the one I turn in. Although, if it is in fact an unblessable sash once we get going in ranks then I will just look for another deed for the moment. Would it not be awful to just earn a sash in ranks and then die and get it taken away?

Troop likes this.
  28. Obsidian

I agree that would be awful particularly because the sash adds no mods. It is an individual character recognition only.

29. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot

30. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Let's just wait on this. It is possible that the sashes will indeed come blessed. But even if they are not, it is such a big deal to get a CBD for them? For one, promotions are going to be fairly rare and it is going to be many months before anyone even reaches Captain rank. Secondly, isn't this a good way for the Watch's crafters to earn some points?

Troop and Victim of Siege like this.
  31. Steven35

Steven35 Visitor

If someone can't wait, I do have a few extra CBDs that I would gladly sell to fellow blackwatch members.
    Also, I am available to craft armor for Blackwatch guards as well, if any are needing armor.

32. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I can likely do some BOD's and get a few CBD's if needed. Just have not been doing a lot of tailoring lately.

33. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

When this was mentioned at the meeting there was a spark of interest in wanting cbds I was just trying to help.. Thanks for the offers on CBS keep us posted fellow Tailors!