1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Chat System

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zyon Rockler, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

I just thought it would be better if the default channel was general chat so players can ask how to turn it off or leave the chat. The way it is now, you have to figure out how to get into the chat and you can't ask anyone because your defaulted out.

Also, an option to listen to all of the chat at one time but only be able to reply on the channel you're on, this way you can see what's going on on all the channels instead of just the one your in.

I was wondering if there are options for private chat lines or rooms. Like, how to create your own.

One more question, not that it would be a good idea, but is it possible to use these channels for voice and video?
  2. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Umm, no. That would create so much lag it wouldn't even be funny. Especially video (no clue why you would want/need that). :popcorn:
  3. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

Live voice feeds and video could be sent to all the players.

So, designers like the dev team could have live feeds with their player base. Video could be used to show different examples. For example: a graphic or pic.

Also, radio type of events that might include storylines or music.

There are endless possibilities. I was just curious if this system was implemented with the features.