1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The new event.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Requiem_baja, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Requiem_baja

Requiem_baja Visitor

I havent actually took place in the event because I been working alot but anyway I was just thinking. We have alot of opposing races in UO. Like why introduce the Bane to fight the Ophidians when we have a Ophidion and Terrathian war that has been going on since T2a. Or what about the meer/juka war or the orc/savage thing. Why dont we put in like a permenant war campaign type thing with the warring races we already have? Give them all unique items...nothing gamebreaking or whatnot. Maybe make the orc/juka the easiest for new people and then the juka/meer for the mid players and the terathian/ophid for the more established players ya know. Just thinking...

2. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You have a point there. Ophidians vs Tethrans are in a fight but perhaps it's old stuff and they wanted to add a new twist.

I would love to see something done with the Juka vs Meer. But being that they are limited to Malas AFAIK, that would leave the Fel folks out and that's a no-no. It's a shame that the Meer & Juka were not visited again, but that's probably a touchy subject.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

From time to time, the developers introduce new story arcs, typically accompanied by events. After a brainstorming session, the development team decided that an ophidian/bane war would make for an interesting story and an enjoyable event. Also, it would bring reacquaint players with the Lost Lands (which have been especially *lost* in recent years). Hence, the reason for the event.

4. i'm a little disappointed that there is nothing involving the terathans. the orphidians always get the attention. hell, even the solen got more attention than the terathans.

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, the war would have been more interesting if the sides were more murky, aka. it wasn't just humans vs. snakes. The whole Terathan vs Ophidian war is already established and going on.

Here's an idea though...what if the Terathans and the Ophidians made peace to combat the new human scourge and this started a 2 way war for the Bane having to fight not only the Ophidians, but the Terathans as well, giving them 2 fronts to fight. It would be somewhat problematic with the champ spawn, but simply have a teleporter to that and have the war take place in the areas outside the champ area.

I think that would be pretty awesome and reuse some old stuff, instead of creating new stuff all the time and creating more confusion.