1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The New Halloween Quest (spoilers)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Promathia, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Im stuck after the lab, im in despise but I dont see anything in here....

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I guess you don't go to despise you go see the Hag...

Check your quest log.

3. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

How do you even start the quest? I couldnt find the guy

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

this is only on tc right?

5. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

right now, yes.

6. Urk of LS

Urk of LS Guest

where does it start? I have looked but i can find any starting point.

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

from what I read you have to talk to jasper or jasmin (cant remember exact name atm) and they are supposed to be in yew I believe! but I have not tried it yet this is just what I read in the herald!

8. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Ok So

Yellow Crystal - Summons Harbringer
    Red - Makes the costumes

Blue is supposed to heal Jared...But how do I use it? Where is jared and his followers?

9. maroite

maroite Guest

*wishing he was home to play around on TC too...* :(

Whats a harbringer? Can you only use one crystal? Do you keep the costume the crystal makes?

Who is Jared?

I need more info so I can force myself to go home sick... ;p

10. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

You keep the costume... that would be the one I posted the picture of in the other thread. It seems the first one for a character takes one red crystal, and the second takes 5.. not sure what any past that takes, as i've only gotten 2 (crystals) so far.

Been searching for Jared and friends for a while and not found anything, though.. supposedly the Blue Crystal will heal them, but as for where they are.....?

11. maroite

maroite Guest

So how do you get cry stals? Just drops off of certain mobs? Or do you have to do a quest?

I couldn't see your pic in the other thread for some reason. :(

I guess I could just wait and log onto TC when I get home, but I am being impatient! ;p

12. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I forget what thread its in, but its the "haloween mask" sprite... it's named "A ' ' Haloween Costume", with the ' ' being a monster type. It has spell channeling and changes you into that monster type for as long as its equipped.

13. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Harbringer is way to hard. :sad4:

14. Smokin

Smokin Guest

I took a guess it said something about the one gypsy like the cold and snow so I ran around deceit and the isle for awhile, didn't see anything to heal with blue crystal. I really hope they did not just put this in and forget about finishing the quest to help them.

15. bioras

bioras Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I went all the way down to ogre lords, there was a grave there of someone named Gerold. I went to the acid el area, there was a room on the otherside of the back wall with 2 huts in it. I can't figure out how to get in there. I'm not sure if this stuff was there before.

16. Braden_of_LS

Braden_of_LS Guest

First, go to the Court in Yew and speak to the guy near the front of the court room. He will tell you about a missing toymaker's apprentice named Jared. He will direct you to speak to Jared's wife Dame Eliza who lives in Minoc. If you pay close attention to what she is saying you will realize that her husband was visiting the gypsy camp in Minoc. (The collection of purple tents on the south side of town.) Sorry to hear you ran all over the lands looking for the right one. There you need to speak with Alana the Gypsy...she will lead you to the next step...

I have been having a BLAST on test center!!! As for this minor spoiler: you really want to loot the monsters you kill in the dungeons. There is the occasional halloween surprise as loot. Thank you DEV's!!! This Halloween is AWESOME!!!!

17. MudFace

MudFace Guest

Sam and Laura can be found in the 3rd level of shame on the 2nd floor of the tower were the red mages spawn.

Isham can be found in Ice dungeon 2nd level where the Ice Fiends spawn.

Carl can be found in the Orc caves (South East of yew gate) in the room with the Orc Brute.

18. maroite

maroite Guest

Anyone know where all the note pieces are? I got the two near the tent, the one just south of the camp and just north, but can't find the 5th :x

19. Dodger

Dodger Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Is there actually a thread that explains the halloween quest from go to woe?

and any rewards?

20. Mark Knotts

Mark Knotts Guest

Here's another costume:

[​IMG]

21. maroite

maroite Guest

Wow... so yeah, you should definitely loot things :x

22. RichDC

RichDC Guest

???

23. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Why does it have a STR requirement ... lol we can't have lower than 10 STR anyway...

But anyway, anyone throwing a swinging party this year? ;P

24. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Apparently it takes everyone healing the people over time to actually cure them.. in other words, if anyone gets anything from it it'll only be the last person to use one on them, after however many dozens or hundreds it takes.

I'll be doing it just to see that they're healed, but its still disappointing...

25. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How does Jasper work? My keywords aren't working lol nm I got it, Jasper ha omg Jack O' Lanterns look tight as hell, are all previous ones going to look like that too!?

I suck at this quest, I can't find the wife. Okay, found the wife, now it says "You cannot think of any reason to want to do this" whenever I say anything to her rofl.

26. maroite

maroite Guest

Are you sure that its not like doom and every time you heal them counts towards you getting a possible reward when they're healed?

Would suck if it was the way you suggested, and the last person to heal him only did it once and got the only reward.

Also, Harbingers don't seem worth the effort to kill... I summoned and solo'd one and it didn't drop anything interesting or halloweenish...:confused:

27. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

sounds like the totems the Skeletal Liches were guarding

28. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

No way to be sure 'til people use enough of the things on one of them.

And the totems were supposed to drop rubble when they were destroyed, probably that anyone could take... that's a bit different than what this seems to be...

29. Mairut

Mairut Guest

So I don't go into Despise but instead go and see the Hag...

Is this Hag the same one from the Hag quest with the imp and stuff?

30. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

Hope I did that right. I'm not very good at posting pictures. :)
    Oh forgot to mention that is a picture of what I got when I freed carl. Looks like only one lucky person will get anything which really sucks.

31. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I think I am going to have to get like 7 of those robes lol. Can you do the quest more than once or just w/ once per toon? And is that the reward every time (the robe).

32. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

You can keep doing the quest over and over on the same character. Not sure what other reward there might be since I have only freed one person.

33. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ya that sucks, hopefully they see the issue on test and fix this for prod shards..imo i think everyone should get that msg and an item when they free them....but some people do like to have the only one! lmao

34. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Can't wait until Origin gets it :thumbup:, about how long does it take if you know what you are doing when you start? I am hoping to be able to do it while on lunch break from work :mf_prop:

35. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

did the devs say an eta when this is released on origin?

36. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I have not heard anything but I'm pretty good at missing things like that lol.

37. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

I hope it's not like the towers and once they fall the quest is over because first thing people are going to try to do is free the people for the robe (which I think everyone who used the essence on them should get one) that would make it where a lot of people would never get to do the quest at all.

38. If they are stating that you can do the quest over and over and over again then why would only one person be able to do the quest and get the robe? I am confused.

39. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I would be peeved if only one person gets that....

That would be yet another reason to hate UO.... and be negative.

That quest is very long and to do all that and get bupkiss when your done would be really, really crappy.... And I'm trying to be nice.... but holy crap that would tick me off.

I certainly hope this quest can be repeated... and more people WILL get a chance to get that robe.

40. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

Sorry not trying to be confusing I'm just not good at explaining things.

Ok part of the quest you get these essence things. Well the blue ones are the ones you need to free the people. Getting the essence things is the part that can be done over and over. I was just afraid that once people free all the people that it would stop the quest to get the blue essence since they wouldn't be needed anymore. And that part of the quest you need to keep going because that's how you get the red essence for the costumes.

41. Mairut

Mairut Guest

Oooh...that would bite. I hope they change it, if that's how it is.

Maybe it'll be something where they can just turn off the cloak-giving on it after a certain point, and keep letting us get the costumes up until they usually turn off the Halloween quests...

42. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Lesser versions are also available as a drop from one of the event monsters. And I do not know how rare it is but I also received something very cool and unusual off a dungeon corpse. I'll try and post later with a pic.

It is also worth noting this is an item received for freeing only one of the individuals. There are lots of thing we don't know and this is not the title character for the quest.

43. christy1221

Stratics Veteran

Was it the cat statue?

44. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

picture I promised

[​IMG]

The wall hanging is titled "Ruined Tapestry"

Sorry I tried several times to crop to fit and it no wanna worky. Must be moving on.

45. Lil' Lucien

Lil' Lucien Guest

I received a shadow wyrm and bloodworm costume. The first costume you get after turning in 1 red crystal. All subsequent costumes require 5 red crystal turn ins. Pretty cool i think. Devs are totally tryin to keep us busy....:stir:

46. Lil' Lucien

Lil' Lucien Guest

That's funny... Christy's robe has 140 luck as well....

47. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I have one more quick question. I have been doing quite a bit of hunting in the anti virtue dungeons without a single 10th ani drop. Maybe its just me, anyone get a drop while out hunting?

48. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

So the one person lucky enough to get the last cure, whether they've used one cure or one hundred, gets a super special robe.. sadly that's about what I was expecting. At least the skill totems, had they been finished, would have left stuff for multiple people.

So where did the decoration and the lesser version of the robe come from? What monsters, I mean? Anything you're killing while on the quest? Undead in graveyards? What?

49. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Robe came off a Harbinger someone else summoned up, and the tapestry was simply found as loot on a corpse in a tram dungeon while I was hunting.