1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The new law for murders....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ole Cheapy, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Cheapsuit is sick and tired of taking the time to kill you guys and not get whats coming to me! What do I want? I want my damn murder count! I take the time to sneak up on you and creatively kill you then you show me no respect by not giving me my count. It's sad that we have to work so hard to get our murder counts when other people just blow on you and you give them a count and as a result they have ten thousands of murder counts (love ya krystal).

So the new law states that if I kill you and you dont give me a count you will be ress killed 50 times or until I get my count, which ever comes first. Do yourselves a favor and give the count so you can go on by your business. This law has been approved! Thank you, that is all.

2. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

How will you go about res killing them if they dont res near you!

Har harr.....

So all you people know now just dont res next time him! Silly rabbit telling your trix these people arent kids!

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I'm a thief. I can't give a count. This goes out to anyone and everyone that kills me- I simply can't. I know that is what you are after and would happily cooperate if I could.
    Thank you.

4. Rykus

Rykus Guest

I get the same reaction Cheapy. Of the last 20 or so kills, not one has given me a count. The last time I got a count was when I killed a NEW when they were being much less than careful while out hunting, and I thought it would be a good idea to let them know the error of their ways. For the record, if I ever kill a NEW it is simply to teach them a lesson about life on Siege, NEVER to grief, and I never loot them. I rez them, and offer advice about a variety of things.

Anyway, good luck with that, I hope it goes well. I may do something similar, but in an RP context, if I don't start getting some hate from my victims..

5. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I prefer to not get counts I want to be a blue pk

6. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I do not give counts. Sorry.

7. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hello, I am Yahaxithonix... I believe that you will find for YEARS the policy of
    the despictable blues is to only give murder counts to blues...if you are red,
    then you will not recieve one. Further more...I do not personally let anyone
    whom killed me the option of ressurrecting me.

Even if I did let you do those 50 rezs... it will be well pass 100 rezs... and are
    you really willing to waste that much time... I am stubborn enough to have you
    rez kill me forever...

Go find WyRm...

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

8. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I rarely let a person rez me ( that goes for reds, blues and skybluepink with orange spots on, also even on prodo shards, I'd rather go find a shrine or a wandering healer ) and I never give counts to reds, only blues. I adhere to the school of thought that if you are blue and try ( and let's face it, usually suceed in ) killing me, then you better have the cojones to go red in the process.

9. onthefifty

onthefifty Guest

no counts for those who speak of themselves in the third person.

this rule has also been approved.

:bored:

10. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I joined the thieves guild simply because I don't have time for the murder count gump. When it's a gank you have to cycle through anywhere from 5-20 gumps. No thanks.

By the way, you haven't killed me yet. Ever. So you've never given me a chance to count you anyway.

11. I ask NEW to not give counts Cheapy, simply because I believe a count should be earned from a skilled player, someone who would have a chance at defending themselves when attacked, but I've always thought this. They have the choice to count of course, it's up to them...as long as they're not in the thieves guild.

12. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Couldn't he use spirit speak to reveal the ghost and see which way it runs?

13. Zonk the LJ

Zonk the LJ Guest

If I am naked (newly ressed) no count will be given.
    I usually try to fight anyone who attacks me, unless I have something of value on me. If you can kill me in eaither case I will count you.

14. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Aye... I can confirm his words! He fought back at Yew gate and we danced a bit... a fun kill overall, shall have to do it again sometime!

Scoring for Fun victim:

Retaliation : 10
    No Crying : 10
    Ability : 3
    Loot : 2
    Replay Value : 10
    ---------------
    Overall score : 7

Heh

15. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

I think players should give counts BUT only when it was worthy of a count a gank should never merit a count but if a player kills you honestly i always give a worthy kill a point

16. Rykus

Rykus Guest

LOL - nice... :)

17. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well now Cheapy, I play just widdle defenseless crafters that never even bother to fight back nor attack anyone since Ima peace lovin hippie sort. :)

And when ya been exterminted as many times as one can be since 1998, well I DO give counts IF I am entertained while being slayed cuz otherwise it is kinda zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz same old same.

Now I DO give a count from time to time but it is seldom. IF someone slays a crafter with a super dragon and they are *a pk* I think they must SUCK at pking if they NEED a dragon to kill a crafter that is as easy to off as a lizardman. So no count. IF it took 4 of em to off a crafter... they really must SUXXORS as pks so no count. :)

IF they waste too many spells instead of some one hit wonder I question their talents as a pk too............possibly no count, but mostly I have to be entertained if someone is slaughtering me for me to GIVE EM A COUNT.

I may give you a count whenever you do pk one of my crafters meerly cuz I never yet got to give you a count...yet. :) But I oft prefer to be the dancing ghost for my own comic relief and sometimes the gump, just comes and goes. :)

I also have a bad reputation to ask some folks that kill me here how their rl is ...when they kill me cuz I see it as some 'social encounter' on our shard of seldom seeing anyone, or for me to go into MOM mode and ask everyone how they are doing as/ when they kill me !
    I have had some folks flee from me rather than kill me cuz said encounter with my chrs. can end up a very talkative time frame of me dead asking em stuff like how are ya doing ? to them in ghost speak with them. :) Ima very sociable dead or alive, on this shard.

Or as a ghostie I may ask em what they need repaired or made that my lil chrs. can make or repair for em. * Ima just forwarning ya sir just forwarning ya :) *

18. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

WHAT NO SCORE POINTS for being a dancing comic ghost out there ??

UNFAIR !!

19. Dola

Dola Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Dear Mr. Cheapsuit,

It has come to my attention that you sent out a waaambulance over murder counts while I appreciate that you may feel unjustly shorted in a murder count I believe it is my solemn duty to inform you of a few things. First it is no longer a common practice for a ghost to accept an offer of resurrection as it has become commonplace for the murder to murder again the victim that was just resurrected that practice is usually reffered to as "reskilling," furthermore proclaiming that you will practice this very thing will only further the practice among the hapless innocents not to accept the resurrection offer. Second, it is also become common practice in this land to only report the murder to the authorities under certain conditions because the mark of murderer apparently has become some sort of corrupted badge of honor of those who desire to wear it. You should be aware that my course of action is with most marked murderers is thus, when I feel that the kill was truely skillful I show my respect by reporting it however since you have come here to complain and make threats of reproachful nature, I will not report any murders in which you are involved until further notice. To resolve this matter in a fashion that would be amendable to me. A simple posted apology in this forum about getting a little to hot under the collar will suffice.

May I also suggest if you have further issue with the fine citizens of this land, to bring this matter up with a bit more diplomacy and tact.

Sincerely,
    Dola

20. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

Lol! You tell'em Queen Zen and Dola. This post made my day.

21. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Dear Mrs.Dola,

I am afraid you and a few others have misunderstood me and for that matter I feel it is my solemn duty to correct you. First is about the ress killing issue and I need you to know that I never offer to rezz anyone after killing them, that would only defeat the purpose of killing them in the first place. You may see warriors who duel to the death offer a rezz to their opponent as an act of honor or for putting up a good fight. I am not an honorable warrior, I am a murderer, my lady. Furthermore I am a very good medium and am capable of seeing my marks run off in ghost form. And no I dont follow their corpse all the time cuz 9/10 always return to the scene of the crime rather it be for curiosity purposes or just to try and retrieve their loot. Either way they always come back.

I'm afraid you just don't get it, I am a murderer and there is nothing diplomatic about a murderer cuz he obviously have no respect for government or law, or even humanity for that matter. And you suggest an apology??? Are you kidding me? And my collar isn't hot it's on damn fire! And since you took the liberty to speak on behalf of siege blues, because of your ridiculous request for me to reform, all blues will now be tormented redundantly until further notice regardless of their length of existence.

Always Yours,
    Cheapsuit

22. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I realized the main reasion I don't give
    counts is because I mostly play my factions
    accounts and only Die to other Factions,
    so the option to give a count never comes up.
    If you ever find me out their on Stone, my only
    non faction account, who knows maybe I'll count ya. ;) :thumbsup:

23. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Nope, not me. Someone kills me I never bother to go back to my corpse. As far as I'm concerned the stuff's gone. I have long ago learned to die with dignity ( there are times when I think about writing a how to guide cos even these days there are still people that cannot cope with it ingame ) and am always prepared with backup gear in the bank and rarely carry anything of value. I go off, rez, re equip and go elsewhere or do other things as I know I haven't got a snowball in hell's chance of fighting back.

Having said that I did accept a rez off a red a couple of months back. I can't remember for the life of me who it was but a very nice and funny guy and we had a good laugh about him simply not being able to resist killing me :p