1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The "new" MyUO

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DJAd, Sep 18, 2015.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

So I just noticed with MyUO that it no longer shows a characters full template but just "top skills" is this a bug or a feature? @Kyronix

2. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Seems rather pointless.

DJAd likes this.
  3. Theron

Theron Sage

Maybe they want to limit how much info you can get on someone's template for PvP reasons? Would that be plausible?

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Could be but it showed the full template before. As Vor says it kinda makes it pointless. I know its in beta so lets hope they bring it back.

Odin of LS and Angel of Sonoma like this.
  5. Theron

Theron Sage

True, not much point of having it around in that case.

6. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

that's the way it used to be - they just put it back to the way it was - i personally liked the full template info instead

7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

+1

Captn Norrington and Lord Frodo like this.
  8. Theron

Theron Sage

True +1

Lord Frodo likes this.
  9. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Back in the day you could show your info or hide it. Part of the Europe RP communities RoE was you had to show skills.

10. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

I always liked getting ideas on templates. But with UO being largely item based now it doesn't mean as much as it did back in the day. You can have 2 mages with the same template but if one has all the goodies on his armor it makes a major difference. That being said I don't think showing a template is much of a big deal anymore.

11. Lythos-

Lythos- Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It can be useless and it can be huge. If someone has a temp that works for them then it's useless. If you're looking to make a new character or adjust a current temp that's not that great then you can peek and adjust your skills.

We do have some returning players every now and then. Instead of them trying 100 different things they can just see what the "it" temps are and start playing. That would be a huge.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  12. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

I liked seeing the whole template much better.

Captn Norrington, BeaIank and DJAd like this.
  13. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i dont like people being able to see my template. but then again i also dont like EC that someone can see all your gear. And seeing your stats, well thats just a hack in my book lol. But i digress, UO pvp just doesnt have that draw it once did. Big part of UO was not even letting someone see your armor by wearing a robe. doesnt matter as much nowadays, but was essential to hide weaknesses in a suit.

Ideally, i think it should be an option. if you want somoene to be able to look you up, see your running 0 resists and take advantage of that be my guest. or if you want to show off a template rather than forcing someone to be surprised by it in the field (which can be the difference between a loss and a win) Theres very good reasons not to want to have your skills on display for the entire world to see. The old site never worked and skills were always wrong, so wasnt really an issue. If its working properly now many would probably prefer the option not to show skills / gear.

14. Capt. Lucky

I like the idea to opt in or out on the My UO character thing. Opt in to show all your skills. I would like people knowing my crafters can make anything in the game.

Smoot likes this.
  15. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm guessing most people want to see other peoples information to exploit their weakness, especially in PvP . But they really don't want their own information known. The top 3 skills is a good compromise. You can find out a little about a persons template but you don't get to know everything. Read the forums for template ideas.

old gypsy likes this.
  16. Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

17. Lord Arm

Lord Arm Seasoned Veteran

don't really care but by knowing someones template, they can get a better idea how to kill u. would rather have them fix things lol.

18. Capt. Lucky

I'm not saying templates aren't important but I don't think there any many real template secrets these days. I've noticed if you ask for template help these days, people will actually help you! Wasn't always like that! But 2 people can have matching templates and still be worlds apart with all the items in UO. I like seeing all the skills listed but it's not a big deal to me. I doubt anyone is looking my guys up anyway lol.

19. Capt. Lucky

It has actually helped me though. I was looking at it and didn't realize all my new Legends guys weren't at their 260 stat cap yet. With item bonuses and all they were doing pretty good. lol. So I had to soulstone a skill and beat on some training dummies.

20. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

First off, not trolling here, just curious. What was the thinking behind that rule for an RP Community? That seems very "player knowledge, not character knowledge" to quote the Gamers - Dorkness Rising.

21. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor

Banned skills. At the time some guilds still restricted power and stat scrolls too.

22. Capt. Lucky

I remember Orcs had a very limited number of mages. You normally couldn't have any sort of magery skill or they would boot ya outta the tribe! :)

Captn Norrington and sablestorm like this.
  23. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Gotcha! Cool.

24. Old Vet Back Again

Old Vet Back Again Slightly Crazed

I don't want anyone looking at my templates. Once that search was allowed look at everyone who copied the templates. It takes someone's hard work and allows the lazy or ignorant to abuse it. Games need to remain competitive or the more devote gamer will lose interest.

25. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I'd be just as happy if PvP was removed from UO. Show all the data.

Parnoc and Vor like this.