1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The new updates are nice and all.. But..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Velvathos, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

*Paladin NPCs are still missing along with red healers in Trammel

*My UO is STILL broken

*Taste ID is still broken

*The map is still broken, lots of graphic errors and crap from idocs are all over the map as well as cannons in the water from ships.

*Gypsy camps were never fixed, but removed from the game

*Orcs and NPC prisoners no longer spawn on ice island(???)

This is all minor fixes and I would rather have all the bugs fixed than new content.. Please devs, give us some minor maintenance and get MYUO working someone!

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Agreed.

There are some major fixes that need looked at before we go adding and updating other things.

I still can't write in a book... Sucks because I'm asked to all the time by the EM's and I can't do it without switching freaking clients... I can't function in 2d anymore and I just HATE having to use it.... but if I want to participate sometimes I have to... which really ticks me off.

3. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've gotten rid of all the cannons on Catskills.. Well maybe not just me, but I've personally had at least 50 of them removed. A Thanks for all the GM's that helped.

I also wonder why your books don't work MalagAste? I only play in EC and I use a log book on my boat for crate deliveries.. a book at my house to record guild tithes, and a book to record commodity deed supplies. they seem to work fine.

4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I would rather have new content than have any of those bugs fixed. None of them are important in any serious way.

5. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Actually its surprising just how useful MyUO is to people - especially Guild/Alliance leaders

6. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It is one of the most useful tools UO has to offer for guilds and EA act like they don't care that it hasn't work in over a year... I used the WoW armory frequently when I was playing WoW, which was very similar and in UO, it comes in even more handy in UO, especially for alliances and RP-warring guilds and factions.. Also comes in handy for guild websites..

We are paying customers and they are really dropping the ball here when it comes to MYUO..

7. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I lost so many lockdowns / secures to spawns on ice island and overland that i do not want orcs/brigands/gypsies to ever spawn near any housing. Having them fixed is of no importance to the game. Call it a minor bug but major bugs are game critical bugs...

8. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Why should there be red healers in Tram?

9. Green Mouser

Green Mouser Guest

Agreed

A non functional MYUO doesn't keep your guild from functioning....Bring on the new Content!

10. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

I have been able to write in a book no problem in the enhanced client, so I'm not sure what the issue is there.

I really hope that was sarcastic. That has been one of the major issues with EA and Ultima Online (as well as other games they produce). They neglect and neglect, and neglect bugs... the few things mentioned may be a bit minor, but they add up and the majority of the player base looks down on a company that ignores things that need to be fixed, especially when there are so many.

I would much rather a company took a little bit of time to make sure they fix bugs in a game than to push new content. I'm sure you remember all the bugs that had been left behind and the new ones that were created when LBR, AoS, SE came out right?

It also speaks loudly to the consumer that they aren't just trying to take as much of your money as they can when they focus on bug fixing. It says that they also want to provide you with a quality game, something you can enjoy.

Edit: also how much time do you think it would take to fix some minor bugs vs the time it would take to develop new content?

11. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Major bugs yes. Bugs that impact game play in a real and serious way, yes. Broken taste ID, and no paladins npcs? Yeah... content first, then stuff like that. There probably ARE bugs that should take front seat over any other changes, but none of those listed are very important, especially not more important than new content, which we have been lacking in.

As for MYUO.. that's not an in game system, and I would wager its not the devs job to maintain the website. If it is, I don't see why it should be.

12. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Try reading that book in 2d and you will understand.

13. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sorry I don't even have the CC on my computer anymore. It just doesn't suit me.

I do feel that even stupid little bugs like that should be addressed though.

14. MalagAste

Well sadly when doing EM events the EM's are in 2d... so if they can't read your book what's the use of turning it in???