1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

The old "Running full tilt casting Flamestrikes" for the win!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tairon, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tairon

Tairon Guest

What some people find enjoyable really amazes me. Such as speed hacking to kill a mule.

I am running in a line away from the guy chasing me and he runs by me, drops a flamestrike on me, and then drops 3 more while I am running full tilt away from him. How come I cannot cast while moving and yet some people can out run me and cast at the same time.

Clearly cheating, and clearly a pathetic person. It is people like this that ruin the game for everyone.

I won't mention the characters name, he knows who he is and there is absolutely no excuse or explanation for the blatant cheating. This is the kind of kid who steals money from his mom's purse while freeloading in her basement. Hopefully some day she smacks the **** out of him and he learns a lesson. But somehow, I doubt it.

2. archite666

archite666 Guest

hmmmm you know I really liked pirates of the caribean, there were some cool characters in the third one.

I really liked the love story between davie jones and that one chick, it was bitter sweet.

3. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

Here is how it went down. I lost you, cause you run so fast. I happen to run around lookin for you with a flamestrike pre-casted. I find you and hit you with a flamestrike, than I cast a para, you get stuck on some shrubs. I para you, than cast flamestrike. Oddly enough the dark wisp that was there also casted a flamestrike on you. That is why I dropped an ev to loot you.
    I know I am godly but really there was no hacking envolved, just stupidity on your part.

4. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

Oh yeah btw I own my house, and I actually purchased my moms home for her.

5. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Fight fire with fire.

6. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

Why did you loot my gorget today :( I was very sad :(

:( :( :(

(I think I know why ;) :) )

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Can we have less of the cheating accusations please? And none of the encouraging more people to use them.
    Things to consider: some people have better computers and better pings. Some people actually use KR, which, while it has many faults, has vastly superior pathfinding. I can run from Minoc moongate to our house up on the coast north of Safe Haven in about half the time in KR that it takes in 2D simply because I don't get hung up on anything on the whole route.
    Granted some people do use programmes to enhance their game speed, but no where near as many people as are accused of using them.

8. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Then again, some people post screenshots of themselves using them...

9. Petra Fyde

Pm me a Link?

Such screen shots will be removed and the poster will receive the appropriate warning/infraction. I don't think I've missed seeing any, but I'm not omnipotent and can't be everywhere, always.

10. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Are you certain it wasn't spawn that looted it? Ratmen tend to like to loot! Mean little buggers!

11. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

99.9% of cheating claims are made by people who simply do not understand game mechanics. Do you know how often I used to be called a hacker simply because I knew how to cut corners on people while played my UOR LJ char? I'd post screenshots of me not only running 0 hacks, but not running UOA(I just started using it about 2 years ago).

Some people need to learn to play...

12. Righty

Righty Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

cheating is easy to detect if you know what is happening imho. If you get your ass kicked and claim cheating, you either don't understand game mechanics or can't spot cheaters. My policy dealing with cheating of any sorts is simple:
    1: kill and dry loot scripters
    2: do not pvp against obvious speedhackers/3rd party scripters, no matter how much they try to provoke you.
    3: ask yourself why you pvped a hacker/cheater while running for a res.

13. HaHa

HaHa Guest

*points to quote under my sig*

14. Turtle

Turtle Guest

"Petra:Many people accused of cheating are doing no such thing. There are people who, when they see something they don't understand, instead of asking 'how did you do that' assume that the other person is cheating. "

Nothing against Petra but I don't think Petra would be an expert on detecting someone that is cheating since pvp and Petra are like oil and water.

Yesterday I ran from blighted to yew and 2 of the 3 people didn't keep up with me because they were trying to cast spells on me, hence not cheating. The third person who was not a mage and running a bokuto was clearly speed hacking. I'm running 0 wep skill and lrc so this obviously wasn't a good situation for me but I have a way to avoid such speed hackers if you encounter one.
    If you don't run in a straight line they can't keep up with you. Basically run in wierd paths through the woods, take extreme turns every other screen or so. Because they are moving so fast they won't be able to control the turns and will go running a screen off in the wrong direction. This will put you a good screen or more ahead of them. Rinse and repeat.
    Its a good way to have a little fun with our hacking comrads and get some laughs in on the side. Nothing makes me laugh harder when a hacker is chasing me and goes running off in the wrong direction.

15. Petra Fyde

No, I don't claim to be expert, and some, obviously, actually are cheating. But I also know how often my husband has been accused of using various hacks and cheats. Totally groundless accusations made by people who don't understand the game. There is nothing even remotely 'not legit' on either of our pc's.

All I'm saying is, there are far less people actually cheating than people who are accused of cheating.

16. Tairon

Tairon Guest

Been playing about ten years on siege.

Wasn't fighting, was just running, on a mule.

I ping in the 20's.

My computer is quite good.

And search my name and see if I have ever pointed out a cheater in the past. This was too obvious to not mention.

I refrained from mentioning a name.

Anyone one who thinks I don't understand the game must have their head up their ass, because half the shard refuses to fight when I am out on my main and have posted that here.

17. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You didn't have to post a name, the third poster came forth and fess'd up.

18. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

If you really believe that about Siege, you are very very naive. During my first 2 years or so here, I was as well and I was indignant about the cheating, exploiting and crappy tactics that go on here. To be honest, I really don't even care anymore.

19. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

You know what Tai..He doesnt hack! and its hillarious that you are saying him of all people....He's not a liar, you have accused people that were in no way shape or form hacking all the way back to VMP days...just because you died doesnt mean he hacks.

He told you what happened, take it for face value and quit trying to drag a good name in the mud...its uncalled for.

Your a good guy and have always been a good friend of mine...and I will tell you with all honesty...He doesnt hack at all! Hes a stand up guy. If someone tried to tell me that you were a hacker, Id say the same thing to them for you.

P.S. I couldnt say the same thing for Mr Zoom Zoom himself (Monolith)

20. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Yea i would agree kat cheating does happen but i dont think its a common practice most of us in seige have better standards then that.

21. Tairon

Tairon Guest

Actually didn't name anyone, and died 3 times on my mule in the last 24 hours. The fact that Hug assumes it was him speaks more than any accusation I could make. I am still not naming names. The guilty know who they are.

The few people who I have accused in vent in the past were cheating, and a good number of them were in KOC prior to you taking over. I have also heard you go off in vent Green, because some *******, who was blatantly cheating got you. I seem to recall you saying Hugi was hacking when he was not on your side. Perhaps you have changed your mind about him as you have gotten to know him, but that is your perogative. If anyone accused you of hacking, from my experience I would say it was very unlikely.

I think you know very well, how calm I am in vent, and not prone to flipping out over everything. So to say I am accusing everyone of cheating going back years is not realistic. Most of the time my guildies yell at me for "not speaking up enough" when I die.

22. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

it was obvious you were talking about me, I am the only crappy mage that would try to double flamestrike someone for the kill (actaully triple if you include the wisp). I am used to being called a hacker, it happens on a daily basis. Why does it happen so often for me it is because I am that good. People dont understand how 1 could be soo good. You can make all the false accusations you want, but they are just that. I will have to start taking screenies of me killing you turds, no big deal. Just fyi I dont hack, like i stated i dont need too. :heart::heart::heart:

23. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

screen shots dont mean that much as anyone can replace the toolbar with a different one.
    I just know some ppl come on my screen and I crash or at least I see them poping around somehow skipping squares. I have a fast connection but somehow the same ppl do this.

I think the crashing is the biggest giveaway

24. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Crashing is UO it has nothing to do with hacking... Most hacks are programs that speed up your cpu or do some type of auto looting...

I have tried both and have admitted it several times... And anyone in the guild will tell you I can loot faster than any script out there... You just have to know where items fall in a back pack...

Most jewls fall in the top right corner as well as most of the major artifacts....

Crashing is caused from bugs that EA is to lazy to fix... Like the one where 2 sounds clash together if you notice if a player dies and a pet dies at the same time pretty anyone who was around to hear the in game noise will get the client error and it will crash there client...

So to help you out loot scripts are to slow... and programs that speed up your cpu will burn up your mother board and processor so its just not worth it...

25. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

I will admit that I thought he was cheating, and will tell everyone it was because of my lack of knowledge of game mechanics and not up to speed in UO at the time that happened, My knowledge base is much higher now then ever, im surrounded with the most knowledge in the game, its the past and current members of KoC...the knowledge base here in KoC is astounding, and the people that I accused of cheating back then, I could have been completly wrong about, I cant remember them all now... the ones that are cheating now! Its easier to spot and much more evident.

Every guild has had people run third party programs, but some things are better left alone. It just doesnt make ya look good to acuse, cause if your wrong, your the one that has egg on your face!

26. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I know there are cheats out there, though I havent seen anyone here use them, then again I havent been into PvP till now. As im just gearing up. Now in the past (pre-pub16) i did use a speed hack a few times so I could recognize it. It didnt give me much advantage, so meh, didnt use it. But there are some scripts out there, such as auto looters, or auto disarm and chugs. Im sure those are used here. As there are just some who will use them all the time. Though i dont get to cranky about that stuff.

27. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

I don't know of anyone who I play with running a speedhack or loot scripts when they PvP.

And you'll never see me complaining about this crap, but I DO notice all of those who do complain aren't even anywhere near the top of the totem poll when it comes to PvP. Like Kat, lol!!! Say hi to the BIG TOE of PvP. That newb couldn't pvp her way out of a wet paper bag let alone tell me or anyone anything legitimate when it comes to pvp.

I just chalk this up to another one of those "waaahhh, I died to someone better than me and I need to make myself feel better about it." rants.

If you need speedhacks to compete, lol @ you. I and those I roll with don't and if you do... well thats just one form of flattery regarding how much we kick your ass at this game.

Please reply to this post with more "you hax crap," people... I'm seriously blushing here. :blushing:

28. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

It probably was, but that's not as funny :)

Also, as far as Auto-Looting goes, you guys do know that KR has that feature? (I'm not saying people wouldn't script/hack it in 2D but people using KR can do it without "cheating").

You can also Auto-Loot your own corpse and it will Re-equip everything too :)

29. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I had thought once to report vorpal bunnies and a mad cow for speedhaxxors but they all pointed their paws and their hoofs at me all, laughing & shouting: " DIAL UPPER !!! " :eyes:

30. Turtle

Turtle Guest

I'd have to say that Hugi doesn't speedhack. In WAKA we had to convince him to get UOA and it took years.
    Is he fast? Yes.
    Is he as fast as some others on Siege? No.
    But he's a great example of the speed you can reach on Siege without using anything to assist you. So when you have him and another person chasing you and the other person outruns Hugi you know what the deal is.

Is Hugi good? On a dexer yes, it takes relatively zero skill only a great connection and a great wep to play a dexxer. Which he has. Click, follow and hit special macros. So to claim l33tness Hugi...please. To claim anything on Siege is a waste of air, your competeing against what 20 people? *slow clap*

31. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I've seen Speedhacking back on Chessy, and trust me, Tairon, I have seen nothing like what I used to, or still see on production. I have encountered one person on Siege who I think uses some sort of speed program, since I have been back, only one. I keep up with everyone else. I'm not accusing you of not knowing game mechanics, I am accusing you of knowing nothing about hacks, because they have never been as rampant on SP as they are on production. Play Atlantic for awhile and watch someone run right through a wall, then you can cry.

32. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Black Rain - Your anger, bitterness and utter stupidity is noted. Please do us a favor and resume your medication. :coco:

33. Critical Gaming

Critical Gaming Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Tairon used to call me a spellhacker because he'd stand there whiffing at me and take explo fs ds dumps.

Lol.

34. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

What a great thread!!!

:wall::next:

35. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Naw... I seen better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.